Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Rangers fan coming in peace! Has anyone successfully gotten their Coliseum ticket assignment changed?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Rangers fan coming in peace! Has anyone successfully gotten their Coliseum ticket assignment changed?
No....but we've seen the resale value of our tickets cut in half. So we've got that goin' for us.....

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I guess there are 2 problems that I'm thinking of, (1) moving half the games to Nassau and (2) not providing seats in Nassau comparable to the locations in Barclays (both after the fact). Has anyone gotten any sort of response from the Isles (BSE?) regarding this? Anyone contemplating canceling their account? I'm a rangers STH but know an Isles STH who is seriously upset about it.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I guess there are 2 problems that I'm thinking of, (1) moving half the games to Nassau and (2) not providing seats in Nassau comparable to the locations in Barclays (both after the fact). Has anyone gotten any sort of response from the Isles (BSE?) regarding this? Anyone contemplating canceling their account? I'm a rangers STH but know an Isles STH who is seriously upset about it.

I'm one of those STHs who is inconvenienced by the move (after the fact), so I definitely have a potential issue there. But my seat assignment in Nassau is almost exactly the same as my seat in Barclays. I haven't heard of anyone who got screwed in that regard. You're saying your friend is a full STH who didn't get a comparable seat? I'm surprised at that. After all, there aren't that many of us.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I'm one of those STHs who is inconvenienced by the move (after the fact), so I definitely have a potential issue there. But my seat assignment in Nassau is almost exactly the same as my seat in Barclays. I haven't heard of anyone who got screwed in that regard. You're saying your friend is a full STH who didn't get a comparable seat? I'm surprised at that. After all, there aren't that many of us.
Has blue line seats at Barclays and got goal line seats in Nassau. Those seats are classified as mid blue line. :shakehead

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
My seats at Nassau are exactly the same as my seats at Barclays. I’m in row 2 at Barclays and row 6 at Nassau because my section has a portal and row 6 is the second row of the section.

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
I had the same experience. Inconvenienced by the move, but Nassau seat almost identical to Barclays seat. I understand for the half season ticket holders (like me), there is an option to go all Brooklyn. Don't know if there is similar option to go all Nassau. Not sure what I will do yet. I can keep the Nassau seats and flip them to Brooklyn seats if I want. I am advised that the ability to flip from Brooklyn to Nassau is likely to be nonexistent.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I had the same experience. Inconvenienced by the move, but Nassau seat almost identical to Barclays seat. I understand for the half season ticket holders (like me), there is an option to go all Brooklyn. Don't know if there is similar option to go all Nassau. Not sure what I will do yet. I can keep the Nassau seats and flip them to Brooklyn seats if I want. I am advised that the ability to flip from Brooklyn to Nassau is likely to be nonexistent.
I heard that the free money we get will not be applicable to Nassau.

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
I heard that the free money we get will not be applicable to Nassau.
No surprise to me. This would be an own goal, particularly since many of us renewed before there was any talk of playing games in Nassau.

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
I have a friend who got screwed by the Rangers when they remodeled. He had great seats behind one of the goals low down but not ice level as I recall. They moved him without notice. When he complained, they told him he had to pay up before they would even consider moving him elsewhere. He has given up his tickets.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just curious if any STH holder -- or anyone for that matter -- has had an Isles rep contact them AFTER the JT departure, with a reduced $$ for Season tickets?

Any type of recognition of what happened and lower costs as a result?

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
on what side will the islanders be shooting twice @ Nassau? Is it the 209-218 side or the 228-238 side?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just curious if any STH holder -- or anyone for that matter -- has had an Isles rep contact them AFTER the JT departure, with a reduced $$ for Season tickets?

Well, my rep will be calling me shortly as my CC info has changed. What should I ask her?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Well, my rep will be calling me shortly as my CC info has changed. What should I ask her?

"Well, the main star of the team just left, and the balance of the team is mostly 3rd and 4 liners, so how much of a discount can you give me?"

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
on what side will the islanders be shooting twice @ Nassau? Is it the 209-218 side or the 228-238 side?

I believe it’s now 228-238. It used to be the other way around because my family had season tickets in 123 for 30 years and they never shot twice there back then

Reactions: Riseonfire

crasherino

May 9, 2013
"Well, the main star of the team just left, and the balance of the team is mostly 3rd and 4 liners, so how much of a discount can you give me?"

Just had a quick conversation....I asked what the story was about the move and how it affects STHs who aren't necessarily convenient to the NVMC and what our options were with respect to those games. While she didn't jump through the phone to offer to take back the Coliseum games and only charge me for Barclays, I suspect they would have sent a couple of strippers with copious amount of cocaine over to my office within the hour with a revised Ticket Agreement releasing me from my Coliseum obligation if I even suggested it was a possibility.

Apparently Coliseum tickets are selling quite well. So the fact that we are fielding a faceless, AHL-quality team has not lowered any prices. At least at this point.

Reactions: Bones45

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Just had a quick conversation....I asked what the story was about the move and how it affects STHs who aren't necessarily convenient to the NVMC and what our options were with respect to those games. While she didn't jump through the phone to offer to take back the Coliseum games and only charge me for Barclays, I suspect they would have sent a couple of strippers with copious amount of cocaine over to my office within the hour with a revised Ticket Agreement releasing me from my Coliseum obligation if I even suggested it was a possibility.

Apparently Coliseum tickets are selling quite well. So the fact that we are fielding a faceless, AHL-quality team has not lowered any prices. At least at this point.

That’s not too surprising. Even during the bad years of 1995-2012 many of the Saturday games would be sold out or close to it. You consider the team now hasn’t played there in 3 years and might have 2-3 exciting young players to watch despite maybe being like 18-35-10 by late February and I can see why they’d sell well as of now

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
That’s not too surprising. Even during the bad years of 1995-2012 many of the Saturday games would be sold out or close to it. You consider the team now hasn’t played there in 3 years and might have 2-3 exciting young players to watch despite maybe being like 18-35-10 by late February and I can see why they’d sell well as of now

During playoff years, sure. In lean years, unless it was a Saturday night game during a holiday week playing the Rangers, it would not be close to a sellout. Of course they gave out tickets for free too...

Reactions: Riseonfire

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015

Seems like a lopsided trade to me.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

So what time are the strippers coming?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Not to my knowledge. They actually raised prices on a lot of the plans. They said from the beginning that they would reward people that purchased early, and have pretty much stuck to that.

The only deal I heard is that offered people with smaller plans the option to purchase additional seats at the Coli for less money than they've quoted.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I just looked on ticket master and picked the first NVMC game - just to see what the ticket situation is.

There are whole sections that are listed as "re-sale" tickets. WTF is that all about? Sections 5, 6 and 7 from the second row of the section to the top are completely listed as re-sale. Does that mean that the Islanders are listing them directly on the re-sale market or did they give Ticket Kings the opportunity to buy those first at a discount and they are listing them?

Either way, it just seems so shady.

The cheapest ticket to get in the building for that game is $110. But most of the inventory is probably being held back at this point.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I just looked on ticket master and picked the first NVMC game - just to see what the ticket situation is.

There are whole sections that are listed as "re-sale" tickets. WTF is that all about? Sections 5, 6 and 7 from the second row of the section to the top are completely listed as re-sale. Does that mean that the Islanders are listing them directly on the re-sale market or did they give Ticket Kings the opportunity to buy those first at a discount and they are listing them?

Either way, it just seems so shady.

The cheapest ticket to get in the building for that game is $110. But most of the inventory is probably being held back at this point.
It looks like that is their broker listing seats. If you check any other game, the prices are a lot lower. Everyone wants the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad