Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Do any ticket holders have info on the rock the barn orange section (center ice 200's/300's)

Sure, seats ran roughly 64 bucks a game (based on purchasing two in February). When I signed up, the package included 12 Coliseum games and 3 Barclays "weekend" games... still don't know which those will be. I asked the rep. today to add the remaining Coliseum games.

They can stick you anywhere within that section.

Are there any coliseum only plans?

The rock the barn plan originally included 3 Barclays games when the Coliseum was scheduled to have only 12. Not sure how the plan is now.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Looks like in total, 20 games are on the weekend. That's pretty good. Much better than in past years, I think.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
It's amazing that they took people's money and then switched things up like this.

That was my thought as well. When I committed to renewing my STs, the team was playing in Brooklyn. All of a sudden a full half of the games are now on the Island? That could be a game changer for some. One of my friends who I share tickets with lives on Dean St. in Brooklyn. Its plausible that a guy like that may have purchased a full season because they were so convenient. I wonder what they would do if someone like that complained?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
That was my thought as well. When I committed to renewing my STs, the team was playing in Brooklyn. All of a sudden a full half of the games are now on the Island? That could be a game changer for some. One of my friends who I share tickets with lives on Dean St. in Brooklyn. Its plausible that a guy like that may have purchased a full season because they were so convenient. I wonder what they would do if someone like that complained?

Exactly. 12 games was manageable. My brother is out on the Island so he could go to the games or very easily unload them. We don't go to every single game anyway, so no big deal. Now, half the schedule is out there? I didn't sign up for that. Not to mention that every home game from March on is in Nassau. And who knows about playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!)? I wouldn't have renewed full seasons if I had known that up front.

I'm definitely opting out of the full season package for next season. I'll buy some sort of Barclays package or a weekend Coliseum package instead.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
It's amazing that they took people's money and then switched things up like this.

I think since it really is a switch, they should fully refund you for those games if you can't make it. That's fair. Have you contacted the rep about it?

Well, there's that. But also people that bought the "Rock The Barn" package. So now do they not get all the games? Do they have to pay more than what they already planned?

To get the additional games I had to pay more.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I think since it really is a switch, they should fully refund you for those games if you can't make it. That's fair. Have you contacted the rep about it?

To get the additional games I had to pay more.

I don't necessarily want a refund though. We can sell the games we can't attend (probably for profit) or my brother can just go with someone else. I would just like to have the option to go to more games, especially at the end of the season. There's nothing they can do about that.

I mean, I knew I had to give up my seasons when they moved to Belmont anyway. I'm fine with that. But I re-upped for next season expecting one thing and got sold something else. That's why I'm a bit miffed. Had I known, I would've just bought a more appropriate plan for myself.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I don't necessarily want a refund though. We can sell the games we can't attend (probably for profit) or my brother can just go with someone else. I would just like to have the option to go to more games, especially at the end of the season. There's nothing they can do about that.

I mean, I knew I had to give up my seasons when they moved to Belmont anyway. I'm fine with that. But I re-upped for next season expecting one thing and got sold something else. That's why I'm a bit miffed. Had I known, I would've just bought a more appropriate plan for myself.

Yeah, that's understandable. To answer your other question, BSE is still handling the ticket ops... I guess the changeover will happen soon.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
:laugh: I thought BSE meant "bull**** excuse"!

The back office duties didn't revert back to the Islanders yet?

I was wondering why you took offense to that. :laugh:

The way they've handled season tickets has been a disaster. You should be allowed to cancel your tickets at this point with the amount of changes they've made, not saying you should, but that they should work with you in every way to make you happier.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
:laugh: I thought BSE meant "bull**** excuse"!

The back office duties didn't revert back to the Islanders yet?
Next season. L&M have Oak View Group currently structuring their back office, sales staff, marketing department, etc.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
At the Coliseum they have switched sides. They used to shoot at the South end twice the will now shoot at the North end twice. Something about moving the locker room during renovations. This as per my ticket Rep.

Reactions: Strummergas

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Would anyone happen to know which side do the islanders shoot twice? I got my Rock the Barn seat locations today and they're section 110, row 5.
They now shoot at the South end twice (Hemp. Turnpike end). They used to shoot the other way twice but something about them moving locker room during renovations. This as per my ticket Rep.

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Sure, seats ran roughly 64 bucks a game (based on purchasing two in February). When I signed up, the package included 12 Coliseum games and 3 Barclays "weekend" games... still don't know which those will be. I asked the rep. today to add the remaining Coliseum games.

They can stick you anywhere within that section.

While they can do that, if you make a big enough stink you can pick your seats. That's what I did.
When I first contacted the team about seats at the Coliseum they told me the same garbage I replied that's like me paying for a car and not getting to choose the car. They held firm as did I and then they contacted me about two weeks later and allowed me to pick my seat.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The Islanders have moved over to the new TicketMaster AM profile... You can log in, but the games are not in your account yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad