Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It’s actually insane that he was almost a point per game playoff player. He’s as bad offensively as Scuderi was. Complete black hole.

It’s only mildly cathartic watching him shockingly not be playoff Coffey.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
To be fair, the same arguments were made in Bylsma's favor. It's literally the responsibility of the coaching staff to get the players to do the things they want them to do. If they aren't listening anymore, then the message is stale and needs to be changed.

I actually have been noting that all day. It's like we've been to this dance before . . .

Reactions: Andy99 and turtle27

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
I said at the beginning of this series that I had low expectations, but somehow the Penguins have even missed that low bar. You would have hoped that this core group had one more good run left, but depending on what happens over the summer, this is probably the end.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
why is it an either/or situation? Why can't it be a bad mix of players from the GM, a coach starting to lose a team, and players underperforming?
It is a mix no doubt, but as I said before no way this team is as bad as the steaming pile of dung we are seeing on the ice.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
After watching these games the Islanders are simply the better team imo. They’re bought in and committed to playing as a group (not even saying the Pens aren’t). And it’s not that crazy, they had a better RS and the higher seed. Weird for sure, but the games aren’t math tests or played on paper.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
This team needs a massive overhaul and infusion of youth and desire. The problem with the current roster is they know what it takes to win 4 series and they knew they couldn’t do it, so you get this effort

Guys I’d love to see go

Kessel
Hornqvist (yes him)
Maata
Simon (why is he here)
Wilson (how does he have a job)

If blown away by offers, I’d trade Letang or Malkin

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not going to put all the blame on Letang. But they had better structure and defensively when he was out. They looked like a playoff contender. The issue is you can't tell the team to play one way with a certain d pairing and one way with another. They tried last year to make him be more defensive and he wouldn't do it and gave up a lot of breakaways. Then in the off-season said he's "getting back to his game" Translation - not play how the coaches are telling me to. So they are stuck running a system to appease Letang and that's why Schultz is pinching and all this other nonsense. Islanders have no offensive d-men and working us. Sharks have arguably two of the best and tied 1-1. Just give me some real defense.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
We need a new chef given better ingredients to make a better recipe. #FireSully/Recchi/JR too if nothing happens this summer

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Adjusting to what? You know nothing about anything, so enlighten us.
Well, the Isles always had 3 men back so what did the Pens do? Send two guys in or shoot the puck into the corners. Or shoot from the point by that time 4 Islanders players were in position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad