Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins were 19th in ES goals/60 from February 1st until the end of the season. This shouldn't be a surprise that they're getting smacked.

I said this on the main board playoff thread right when the series was announced, I don't know why I didn't think this was more likely to happen. The Penguins were a terrible offensive team down the stretch playing against a great defensive team, I don't know why I thought that would magically change going forward.

This team is dead in the water. I want to feel bad, but I really don't. I care about how they do as much as they do.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
FG4rsQo.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It is what it is. End of an era. We got 3 cups out of em. Which is more than Mario/Jagr.

Re-tool and see what happens going forward.
pretty sure the era was over in 2015 or so too, right? Hell, I'm sure it was over at some point during the 2015-2016 season before we won the Cup :laugh:

It'll be harder to do this time, but it's not impossible either.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Isles are just better. Top to bottom, including coaching. Tip of the hat to them, they deserve to be where they are.

Whatever reamins of the Pens season, it should be viewed as tryouts for next year. You want to be back in Pittsburgh. Prove it with what you leave on the ice. Otherwise trade them to Edmonton.

hafaba

Dec 8, 2015
Vienna
Pathetic

Unbelivable how the big guns are absolutely a non factor. And eith useless players combined you get this as the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->