Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya6687

Jul 12, 2015
Last shot by the pens was with 7:02 left in the 3rd trailing 3-1...what a sad pathetic team starting with there captain 87...blow this team up please

Reactions: Rudy Russo

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I know it is akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, but would it kill Sully to keep Simon away from the top 6 and to try the line that was working for Sid down the stretch?

I am tired of their obsession with depth scoring, they need to stack the top 6 and set up 2 checking lines for the bottom 6.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
It’s great that this team has already cemented its legacy and won 3 Cups under Sid and Geno. Because after the moves that were made in the offseason, it does not look capable of competing for another Cup, and there are not enough assets in the pipeline to make up for the talent shipped out and lack thereof with the contracts that have been brought in.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
dNmp38E.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So for those that want a coaching change who’s your pick for HC next season? Vigneault? I don’t remember much about his teams from an identity or style perspective.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I knew this team wasn't that good, but i never in my wildest dreams thought they would be on the verge of getting swept by the NYI.

I don't know who to blame the most

The stars
The def
The goalie
The coach
The GM

Everybody has been terrible in this series.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s great that this team has already cemented its legacy and won 3 Cups under Sid and Geno. Because after the moves that were made in the offseason, it does not look capable of competing for another Cup, and there are not enough assets in the pipeline to make up for the talent shipped out and lack thereof with the contracts that have been brought in.
Right right.

Just the moves.

Our coaching has been elite I guess. But totes. JR is 100% at fault. I mean I see that Islanders team with so so much talent that dwarfs ours and I think, I wish our fantastic coach had someone as amazing as Mayfield, Martin, and Clutterbuck.

BoysofWinter66871

Jun 19, 2017
I know it is akin to shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, but would it kill Sully to keep Simon away from the top 6 and to try the line that was working for Sid down the stretch?

I am tired of their obsession with depth scoring, they need to stack the top 6 and set up 2 checking lines for the bottom 6.
Can we shuffle it with another iceberg? Maybe several.

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Everyone knows the players that should be gone over the summer, but I'm not sure we'll see it happen. Even after we get swept this week.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I knew this team wasn't that good, but i never in my wildest dreams thought they would be on the verge of getting swept by the NYI.

I don't know who to blame the most

The stars
The def
The goalie
The coach
The GM

Everybody has been terrible in this series.

I'll blame the stars the least, because of what happened the last time after we faced this question . . .

As I joked before, maybe in the end the difference between Shero/Bylsma and JR/Sully is that Sid and Geno willed them to a 2nd cup before they turned into pumpkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino