Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Somehow it gives me some weird sense of closure to see how almost everybody here begins to understand that I was right all along, not “trolling”, calling this team of Pens, especially Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel and Murray, lazy unmotivated idiots.

Although I sure don’t expect people to openly admit that.

So be it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Somehow it gives me some weird sense of closure to see how almost everybody here begins to understand that I was right all along, not “trolling”, calling this team of Pens, especially Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel and Murray, lazy unmotivated idiots.

So be it.
Because you're wrong.

Kessel and Murray are not the ones you want to lump in with Crosby, Letang, and Malkin right now. That's why people won't admit it, because you're wrong.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Because you're wrong.

Kessel and Murray are not the ones you want to lump in with Crosby, Letang, and Malkin right now. That's why people won't admit it, because you're wrong.

Hey you dropped your post season avatar? l o l

Remember that old hockey slogan for ESPN or where evers?

'Don't blink'

How perfect that is right now

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I do know JR loved Ferland and probably so did alot of other teams. If JR can woo Ferland to sign during the interview period, he'll shed the cash to sign him 100%.
Think he likes Zucc too.
Skinner/Duchene/EK will be too rich for his blood.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Murray's the only one progressively getting better for us while the rest of the team continues to get coached into shit.

Game 1 - .879 Sv%
Game 2 - .912 Sv%
Game 3 - .914 Sv%

Man all I can hope for this off season is for Recchi to get f***ing shit canned and the Pens hiring Ulf Samuelsson as the AC, a guy that likes a speed game and quick transition style.

Recchi...he likes to, who the f*** knows?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This team needs more than Ferland and Zucc to right the ship at forward, now and moving forward. While I don't doubt JR wants them, mainly because I've no real confidence in the man anymore, I'll be really disappointed if those guys are our big splash after the shakeup happens.

That doesn't even take into account the defense, which is by far our biggest issue on the ice. I just have zero idea how you'd go about re-shaping the blueline, none whatsoever. Four of our top seven blueliners are either underperforming or downright bad; JJ, Maatta, Gudbranson and Schultz. Outside of JJ, who has a friggin' five year deal :laugh:, they all make north of $4 million a year. Struggling blueliners or blueliners that don't fit the current landscape of the NHL are not going to be easy to move when they make that sizeable a chunk of dollars.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
87, 71, 59, and 8 would be safe. Everyone else is up for grabs. That Horny deal is looking like it may be an albatross. Once pen met paper that guy has looked slow and broke down.

There needs to be a change in that locker room. I don't pin failures on anyone here - it's a team effort. That being said, I think some big names needs to be shipped out to shake this thing up a bit.

Reactions: tread102

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

So be it.

The team going through this doesn't make you right whatsoever. There are a collection of posters like you here - you add nothing to the board aside from gloom and doom, you pile on players who go through rough stretches, you pile on a coach because the team is having a hard time getting anything going, you pile on a GM because he doesn't make all the moves you want, and you pile on an ownership group because they do not have the balls to pull the trigger on firing every single person when things turn even a bit south.

Your kind isn't special around here. There are actually more posters like you than there have ever been. Those who have been posting here for 10+ years can remember the great hockey talk that would go on here, and the posters who added nothing to the conversation were ignored and they went away typically. The hilarity is all of you people who post the shit you do were silent for the most part 2 years ago. You lurk and wait for things to go wrong so you can pop on a message board and tell everyone "I told you so." It's hilarious grab for attention and approval. We are the most blessed fan base in this entire league. With how you and a few others talk you'd figure we were the Oilers, and you add nothing to the board.

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
87, 71, 59, and 8 would be safe. Everyone else is up for grabs. That Horny deal is looking like it may be an albatross. Once pen met paper that guy has looked slow and broke down.

There needs to be a change in that locker room. I don't pin failures on anyone here - it's a team effort. That being said, I think some big names needs to be shipped out to shake this thing up a bit.

I’m a huge Geno fan, but if his return would set us up better in the future I would be all for moving him.

I think Letang needs to go. Whst his contact and health issues I think it’s a no brainer.

Horny idk. If you can get a return ship him, but he was good early on, and had those two concussions, and has never been right it seems since. A long offseason may be what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->