Post-Game Talk: Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't want to overreact but might be time to fire Sully. Trotz has his number and the Pens are playing undisciplined across the board in back 2 back playoffs.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't believe people tripping over themselves to blame Rutherford as the sole issue here.

Still refusing to blame Sullivan and his line up usage and not adjusting.

f*** sakes is this 2011 again??

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
A post said it’s depressing how far they’ve regressed in two years but

They lost Bonino, Hagelin, Cole, Sheary, Fleury, Kunitz, Daley, Kuhnhackl and Tocchett. That’s like the entire personality of those teams gone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There no +s for anyone even though some sucked worse than others...but notice that the Pens were playing fine until they got down 2-1...Lehner has outplayed Murray all series...Pens played great until the weak Eberle goal and then the Nelson goal Murray went down too early and conceded the top of the net...The Pens had a similar 2-1 that Lehner stopped...that’s the game because the Pens are such mental midgets that they were totally defeated by those goals

Last edited:
Reactions: bigkam

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sure, fire Sullivan. But this team also has some serious personnel issues and some questionable contacts. They're going to have a really hard time retooling this roster. No prospects either. Maybe they can get creative but I don't think anyone in this front office has the stomach to rebuild.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hey Sullivan, how about we try Rust-Malkin-Kessel for one game? And Sid back with one of horny or McCann? Maybe you’ll finally win one game?

That’s assuming Kessel isn’t injured after tha last shift he had.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... people keep referencing the Bruins sweep. And let me start by giving the Islanders full credit. They've done well and are the better team. But this is worse than that. Much worse.

I know I'm talking like this is already a sweep. That's on purpose.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
When sheary, rust, Kuhn, Dump and guenztel came up they were all hungry to prove themselves.

Guys like Simon, Zar, Wilson never had to prove much to get there spots.

They need youth looking to make an impact. That is the whole entire islanders team. And you can see it in them.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Garrett f***ing Wilson has more goals and points than Sid, Jake, Bjugstad, and Hornqvist. What does this mean?JR will extend him for four years at $3,250,000.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
So for those that want a coaching change who’s your pick for HC next season? Vigneault? I don’t remember much about his teams from an identity or style perspective.
As long as it's not Recchi!

Vigneault is ok but is he old style now? He coached good/bad teams, could be a solution if given carte blanche for roster moves in accordance with JR if the old man is still there. Important thing would be that new HC and old or new GM work with the same goal in mind, a working identy.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
I know we've been spoiled as Pens fans, but geez was their fall was quick. Their faces look out of the series.

House cleaning season -one game away!

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
pretty sure the era was over in 2015 or so too, right? Hell, I'm sure it was over at some point during the 2015-2016 season before we won the Cup :laugh:

It'll be harder to do this time, but it's not impossible either.
I mean, you’ll have 33 year old geno and 32 year old sid and letang. Like I said, re-tool and see what happens.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
most shifts it looks like the 5 slowest players on the ice are all penguins. thats a problem with the roster tbh

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
The only series I can remember that's even close to this is the Bruins sweep in 2013. This isn't that bad - at least these aren't shutouts, and the expectations were much higher in 2013 - but it's a similar indictment of the GM and coaching staff.

Crosby has been playing like crap but I do not blame him or Malkin for this. They are proven winners and HHOF shoo-ins. Sid is a top-5 player of all time. Dude just scored 100 points at age 31. The situation the team is in is not his fault. The book is out on how to beat Sullivan now and the Pens just don't have the horses to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad