Is Marner the best passer in the league

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner's gonna get paid Dubas Eff'd him when he signed him on his ELC . He didn't get the same Bonuses that Nylander matthew got . He was to excited and signed his contract prematurely. Now hes going to take them to the bank & make them pay for it
Why is someone always a victim? I have no doubt that Marner will get paid fairly just like everyone else. The kid wants to play. He told his agent not to press for bonuses. He accepted his demotion and now eagerly accepts roles even on the PK. Even Kucherov doesn't do that. If Marner is in the top 10 in points this year, who will deny him getting paid?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Why is someone always a victim? I have no doubt that Marner will get paid fairly just like everyone else. The kid wants to play. He told his agent not to press for bonuses. He accepted his demotion and now eagerly accepts roles even on the PK. Even Kucherov doesn't do that. If Marner is in the top 10 in points this year, who will deny him getting paid?
It was also said by many insiders early in the year that hes not taking a home town discount and he's going after every dollar

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Mitch is the straw that stirs the drink for this team. I Believe he is the most ‘important’ player on this team.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Marner is finally given the ice time that a player of his caliber should get, and we are seeing the results now. Some of our top players have been quite underrated simply because they have trailed comparable talents in ice time.

In one of the Nylander threads, I made a comparison of what Pastrnak had done up until he had played the same amount of minutes that Marner ended up with. They were basically side by side, and that's without additional context applied. As good as a Pastrnak or Eichel is, Marner is better.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner is finally given the ice time that a player of his caliber should get, and we are seeing the results now. Some of our top players have been quite underrated simply because they have trailed comparable talents in ice time.

In one of the Nylander threads, I made a comparison of what Pastrnak had done up until he had played the same amount of minutes that Marner ended up. They ended up basically side by side, and that's without additional context applied. For as good as a Pastrnak or Eichel is, Marner is better.

In your opinion, why do you think they've received less ice-time than their comparable around the league?

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
My thread last season suggesting Marner could actually end up the best of the big three is looking prescient lol. Seriously though, I love everything about this kid. He is a gem and I hope we get him locked up asap.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The scary part is, we know he's super talented on the PP. He's doing this at ES. What's stopping him from doing both PP and ES? Possible 100 point season?
he's already 2nd in the league in 5v5 points, but he's getting unlucky on the PP. I don't see 100 points happening as long as he's stuck with 2 minutes a night on the PP unfortunately, but he should get 80-90 this year if healthy

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
In your opinion, why do you think they've received less ice-time than their comparable around the league?
Can I answer? In a word ...Babcock. Same reason the least talented player on the team got more ice-time than the most talented player on the team against Vegas!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Can I answer? In a word ...Babcock. Same reason the least talented player on the team got more ice-time than the most talented player on the team against Vegas!

if only babcock knew what he was doing, we could have won that game, too bad ...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Oh for sure.

I got a strange feeling that this Nylander holdout has Babcock as a reason in there somewhere.

Reactions: X66

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Oh for sure.

I got a strange feeling that this Nylander holdout has Babcock as a reason in there somewhere.

I have that gut feeling as well.

More so than who he plays with and how he's used, I think Nylander never liked that out of the 3 kids, he was always the one that would get back handed comments from Babcock in scrums etc.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
At 5 on 5 Marner got more than 2 minutes worth of icetime than Hyman in that game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
At 5 on 5 Marner got more than 2 minutes worth of icetime than Hyman in that game.
Carl Hagelin played 4:48 of PK time vs Washington yesterday. Do you see him leading Pittsburgh in ice-time? No, you don't. Their coach isn't a complete moron and he knows how to get ice-time to his best players when special teams minutes get out of hand.

Edit:Bryan Rust, who plays with Crosby at ES, got almost 6 minutes of PK time and played 15:42.

More so than who he plays with and how he's used, I think Nylander never liked that out of the 3 kids, he was always the one that would get back handed comments from Babcock in scrums etc.
Nylander never got rewarded for performing better. He knows this, his dad knows this, and his agent knows this. Because of this, they've been trying to negotiate a higher number that doesn't reflect his prroduction.

Last edited:

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014

NO ONE was a bigger whipping boy than Marner. Spent more time on the fourth line than Willy. In first 1.5 years never played off 3rd line. Willy got first line matthews for most of first 2 years and Kadri before going to 4th. Babcock constantly mentioning Marners work ethic, cheating... Willy no where near took the crap Marner did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad