Is Marner the best passer in the league

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
if only babcock knew what he was doing, we could have won that game, too bad ...

Some times a goalie steals you a game when your coach has his team out played badly. Just like Dallas goalie stole the game for them. Hyman should never lead this team in icetime. EVER

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some times a goalie steals you a game when your coach has his team out played badly. Just like Dallas goalie stole the game for them. Hyman should never lead this team in icetime. EVER
It's not the end of the world and it's certainly not by design.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Let's just say he's great at it but how do you decide whose the best?? It's all subjective unless you use primary assists then it's who?? I'm not sure where to search that stat or if they even keep track of it ??

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
if only babcock knew what he was doing, we could have won that game, too bad ...
Are you a Hyman fanboy? Kool,go nuts! I would much rather watch talented players get more ice-time...i'm not payin' to watch plugs like Hyman play more than Marner. Babs isn't all that! He has never won anything without his team being absolutely stacked....BFD!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Are you a Hyman fanboy? Kool,go nuts! I would much rather watch talented players get more ice-time...i'm not payin' to watch plugs like Hyman play more than Marner. Babs isn't all that! He has never won anything without his team being absolutely stacked....BFD!
Do we fire Babs and hire Laviolette? He's the last coach to win with a shit team.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So what...Marner is better at Pk as well...and everything else for that matter...It's just wrong,I mean to me that is. Babs is more stubborn than smart.
So what? You're complaining about ice time and I just told you Marner gets more 5 on 5 ice time. It's like talking to a brick wall at this point. Hyman is fine in his role on the PK, let Marner take care of the 5 on 5 and PP ice time.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I said the same thing in a scotty bowman, glen sather, al arbour, sullivan, Quenville threads
Honestly....I like him,he is the best the Leafs have had since Quinn,IMO...but I can't get behind some of his nutty decisions. The Hyman thing just doesn't make sense. He isn't special...at all!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Do we fire Babs and hire Laviolette? He's the last coach to win with a **** team.
I just finished replying to another poster ...I like Babs,but I can't get behind some of his line-up choices is all. Just because I don't agree ,doesn't mean I want to see him replaced. But,I don't think he is the genius some fellow fans make him out to be!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
So what? You're complaining about ice time and I just told you Marner gets more 5 on 5 ice time. It's like talking to a brick wall at this point. Hyman is fine in his role on the PK, let Marner take care of the 5 on 5 and PP ice time.
Have you not seen Marner on the PK? Much more dangerous than Zach! It really is ridiculous to discuss. I want to see Marner play ,not Hyman!

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Ya, Marner's a good passer of the puck, but we've got Babs to worry about (not that there's a Bab's thread or anything) sheesh.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Funny, I thought I was in a Marner thread but keep seeing all these posts about Hyman.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I'd say hes close. He makes some amazing passes.

Whether it's more from his awesome vision or just from his passing skills it's hard to say.

But I imagine most teams have a player who they think is one of the best passers in the league

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why is it impossible to suggest the Leafs have a player that could be in a conversation as "best" in something?

Because it’s simply not true. Right off the top of my head McDavid, Crosby and Malkin are better passers

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
How good of a passer is Marner? While watching one of the games last week, Marner made a blind pass and the puck ended up right in my living room! He's that good.. :huh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Because it’s simply not true. Right off the top of my head McDavid, Crosby and Malkin are better passers
In your opinion of course.
He's right there with those guys in mine.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Gretzky was just on Leafs Lunch and HE compared himself to Marner. Matthews reminds him of Messier and Marner him. So next time someone says you’re ridiculous comparing the two, tell it to the GREAT ONE!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Does the Toronto media get a piece of Marner’s contract? They just love hyping it up

Our media coverage of the Leafs here is nothing short of sensationalism. Really terrible stuff for the most part because, we buy it.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Eichel and Marner have both achieved 15 assists this year. Now I'm not going to grade them on the respective qualities of those assists, but what I can tell you, is that tonight will settle once and for all this Marner/Eichel debate in my mind. Mitch needs to put on a show for those folks in Southern Cali. tonight, in order to be crowned the King of Passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad