Is Marner the best passer in the league

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Dude I'm a Leafs fan from Toronto. Just not seeing this Marner magic yet. He's a good one but you are jumping the gun heavily here.

So you can't tell an elite passer if he hit you in the head with the puck. " Marner may have the BEST vision in the League " ( Kelly Hrudey ).

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
So you can't tell an elite passer if he hit you in the head with the puck. " Marner may have the BEST vision in the League " ( Kelly Hrudey ).
And he would spend money for tickets for himself and his family
to go watch the kid.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Reinhart isn't a bad passer by any means. But yeah Marner is better I'll give you that my man.
Looks like I found myself a fellow drunk Buffalonian. I find it's easier to fit in here, brother, when you compliment the Leafs players, and insult the Sabres players. You'll get the knack of it with a little practice.
Say something bad about Eichel, for example, his defensive ability...

Reactions: Kevs Security

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I don't think he's the best technical Passer but Hrudey said on Saturday he's likely got the best vision in the league. (Oh look like someone beat me to that quote)

I'll agree that his vision is what makes his passing so unreal.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he's leading the league in 5v5 primary points. it's weird he doesn't have any secondary assists at 5v5 yet, he's getting pretty unlucky

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I keep hollering at the TV for him to shoot, that means he's a fantastic passer. :confused:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
In that game against the Pens, he had my mouth wide open half the game, I was half-way expecting a pass from him through the TV screen.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I think we are lucky to have 3 of the top tier passers in the league in marner, Tavares, and kadri. Just need more shooters honestly. Lets just say hyman brown and hyman are not always the greatest at handling those passes.

I still think AJ or Leivo or even Ennis has to play top 9 just because of their finishing ability/potential. Anecdotal evidence but the up ice pass kadri made in game 5 against Boston to AJ would never get a goal if brown or lindholm was there.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
This is why our players ask for a lot of money. Our fan base think we have the best players in the league.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
he's leading the league in 5v5 primary points. it's weird he doesn't have any secondary assists at 5v5 yet, he's getting pretty unlucky
I’m don’t consider myself a hyman hater but it makes a ton of sense that he doesn’t have any secondary assists. Hyman has zero even strength goals and outside of Rielly our defence don’t really score goals. He either sets up Tavares or scores himself lol

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’m don’t consider myself a hyman hater but it makes a ton of sense that he doesn’t have any secondary assists. Hyman has zero even strength goals and outside of Rielly our defence don’t really score goals. He either sets up Tavares or scores himself lol
Hyman isn't going to be goalless at 5v5 with two elite passers for much longer though. But you're probably right, we saw the same thing when Matthews was with Hyman last year. lots of primary assists, barely any secondaries

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
This is why our players ask for a lot of money. Our fan base think we have the best players in the league.
Marner's gonna get paid Dubas Eff'd him when he signed him on his ELC . He didn't get the same Bonuses that Nylander matthew got . He was to excited and signed his contract prematurely. Now hes going to take them to the bank & make them pay for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad