Is Marner the best passer in the league

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo

Congrats Mitch. Your mission in life is to make the Sabres regret not taking you over Eichel. I was a Sabre fan back then, and was calling for them to draft you. You are a better player, I said, only slower to develop. Now that you are a man, and I am a Leafs fan, you can fulfill my prophesy, and we will all be proud.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner our best player since last Jan and no sign of it stopping. Like I said when we drafted him. Our franchise player. My god he is without a doubt a beauty.
I wonder when we can forget the so called recency bias that so favors Marner (often cited by some on this forum).
Here it is...he is only 21 years old. MARNER IS A LEAF!!!!!

Reactions: diceman934

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
He's my favourite Leaf by a huge margin; and the Gretzky comparison is apt, not in degree, just in the sense that neither are remarkable physical specimens but make up for it with otherworldly vision/hockey sense. They even have sort of similar looking skating gaits.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Wish he would shoot more when he's got a wide open look (he's got a great wrister), but if he continues feeding guys who do score, I think I can let it slide. :sarcasm:

As for best passer in the league - he is definitely up there. If I had to choose guys above him, I'd probably pick Sid and Backstrom. Getz and Wheeler have great vision too - great company to be put in at such a young age.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Congrats Mitch. Your mission in life is to make the Sabres regret not taking you over Eichel. I was a Sabre fan back then, and was calling for them to draft you. You are a better player, I said, only slower to develop. Now that you are a man, and I am a Leafs fan, you can fulfill my prophesy, and we will all be proud.
Love watchin ' Mitch,but Sabres had to take the center ,no? Jack will have a decent career.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oh man Hunters magic pick. ;))

He's on a 105 point clip which you could say that it's early in the season and won't translate in a full season but this is his pace for months and months now.

He could actually get more than 100 points this year. He is one of the best players in the league already and Babs is starting to heap on more ice time.

He's better than Eichel haha i love it.

Last edited:

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Mitch with 18 goals/31 assists for 49 points in his last 41 regular season games. Figured it was kind of noteworthy since that's exactly half a season. (36-62-98 over 82 GP).

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Marner is so good he needs his own line:

____ Matthews ____
____ Tavares ____
____ ____ Marner

The next split is Kadri, Nylander, and Kapanen for those 3.

____ Matthews Kapanen
____ Tavares Nylander
____ Kadri Marner

Marleau Hyman Johnsson Brown as the glue guy.

Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner

Last edited:

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I'd say there's at least 30 passers better than him.

7Kpp.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad