Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
a 2nd from detroit? That's looking like pick #32, once Seattle joins that will be a first round pick!
The rangers should hope for Detroit's 2nd.
This is true, i will let Rangers fans decide on this one.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Nedeljkovic?

The 24 year old goalie who has played 2 NHL games in his career so far.

Doesnt really deserve to be in the same sentence at this point.

All through this thread, Rangers fans are shredding other teams and their future goalies for lack of NHL games, yet they believe Shesterkin is their goalie of the future.... with wait for it..... 5, yes 5 whole NHL games!!!

Now I truly believe this kid is their future 1G, but thats because Im not ignorant to the fact that a 25 year old with only 25 AHL games and 5 NHL games can very well potentially be a true #1.

Anyways, thanks for the good laughs this thread provided.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
All through this thread, Rangers fans are shredding other teams and their future goalies for lack of NHL games, yet they believe Shesterkin is their goalie of the future.... with wait for it..... 5, yes 5 whole NHL games!!!

Now I truly believe this kid is their future 1G, but thats because Im not ignorant to the fact that a 25 year old with only 25 AHL games and 5 NHL games can very well potentially be a true #1.

Indeed + your username is awesome

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

not saying that you are wrong about whether Ned, Peterson, Campbell, etc. can be a 1G or not

but the fact is none of those players have either Georgiev’s sample size or Igor’s pedigree. It’s not an exact science but comparing the ceiling of those players to Igor....its not in the same league.

Ned is fine but Carolina trusted James Reimer over him - that speaks for itself

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
not saying that you are wrong about whether Ned, Peterson, Campbell, etc. can be a 1G or not

but the fact is none of those players have either Georgiev’s sample size or Igor’s pedigree. It’s not an exact science but comparing the ceiling of those players to Igor....its not in the same league.

Ned is fine but Carolina trusted James Reimer over him - that speaks for itself

Igor's pedigree? a 4th round pick from the 2014 draft JUST making the NHL now?! Really...

Campbell was a 1st round pick, 9th overall...

Georgiev - with 67 games played, a 3.02 GAA and a .913 SV %

Campbell has 58 games played, a 2.58 GAA and a .916 SV%

Stay woke

Reactions: go4hockey

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The age difference between Petersen and Georgiev is 15 months. That probably required a lot of math that’s too difficult for you to process.

Unforuntately it had nothing to do the age, it had to do with the fact Petersen will not be a good starting goalie in NHL and I was hoping you had a better prospect lined up behind him.

Good try though, think next time before silly responses.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Cute.

Unforuntately it had nothing to do the age, it had to do with the fact Petersen will not be a good starting goalie in NHL and I was hoping you had a better prospect lined up behind him.

Petersen won’t be an NHL goalie because this guy said so. Guaranteed you’ve never even witnessed him play a second in your life. These blow hard Rangers fans are like bad used car salesmen. Prepare for disappointment when Georgiev is moved.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

alright, why are you so certain Petersen will not be a good NHL goalie? he has thrived at ever level and looked great in 11 games last year while Quick was out.

I am not saying I think he 100% will be, but I think he has as good of a shot as 99% of goalie prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Petersen won’t be an NHL goalie because this guy said so. Guaranteed you’ve never even witnessed him play a second in your life. These blow hard Rangers fans are like bad used car salesmen. Prepare for disappointment when Georgiev is moved.
I feel bad if King fans really think this guy is your future in goal. 25 year old with barely a lick of NHL experience and putting up very average numbers in the minors. But yea, keep that dream alive.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I feel bad if King fans really think this guy is your future in goal. 25 year old with barely a lick of NHL experience and putting up very average numbers in the minors. But yea, keep that dream alive.

Yeah, what were the Blues thinking when they did that with Billington? Is it painful to be so obtuse? Have pity on yourself and lack of self awareness.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
we are on the same pg here

LAK will look at Geo and decide he is desirable, but not gonna take the
cost vs other needs

While TOR and others are possible, at this pt methinks NY prefers to
deal out of conference, to SJ

As much as they need to be careful about picks/assets needed for rebuild/retool esp on the fly, SJ need for a netminder cannot be denied.
Rangers will come down to 2nd and perhaps may even concede a small +, but Sharks must add
LaBanc

Sharks aren't adding to labanc. That's even if they would trade him for geo.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Nedeljkovic?

The 24 year old goalie who has played 2 NHL games in his career so far.

Doesnt really deserve to be in the same sentence at this point.

What a terrible take. Igor is 25 with 5 games played yet Ranger fans want to talk about how he's the best goalie prospect since Hasek.

Ned was the AHL goalie of the year last year, he's just had terrible timing in terms of getting a shot unlike Georgey who was forced into the role due to injuries and lack of depth. Mrazek had a career year last year and Reimer, a veteran, outplayed him for the backup job (and has outplayed Mrazek to this point). But yeah Georgiev's 3.02 GAA definitely shows how good he is.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

So are you questioning my response to someone saying Nedeljkovic is better than Georgiev when has only played 2 NHL Games?

At least Shesterkin played in one the best leagues in the world on a consistent basis for 3 years. He has more merit than most back up even without his lack of NHL experience.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Over half the defense is 23 or younger (born in 1997 or later). Six players.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Comparatively, Hartford has 3 defensemen 23 or younger.

Cal is not the problem. Since you prefer to look at numbers instead of, I dunno, actually watching the players, you might want to do more research.

Campbell was traded to make room for Petersen. All the "experts" who don't follow the Kings can continue insisting LA needs another goalie, but you're just doubling down on your ignorance.

Reactions: Telos and go4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad