Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Surely LA now needs a solid goalie for the future ?

Quick is 34 and hasn’t played too good recently, his contract is until 2023, but I don’t think the Kings are planning to ride him as a starter for next 3 seasons ?

Georgiev might just. be the guy to become their new answer in goal ?

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
LA have goaltending back up in Peterson but in their current state, a solid back up is probably the least of their priorities.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade Campbell in a deal for mid round picks and then pay more for Georgiev.

Carolina and San Jose may be your teams to make a play for Georgiev.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
LA have goaltending back up in Peterson but in their current state, a solid back up is probably the least of their priorities.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade Campbell in a deal for mid round picks and then pay more for Georgiev.

I think LA is looking for their future starting goalie. And that is definitely not Petersen.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Are you saying the Kings are content with Quick being the starter for 3 more years?

RIP then
What choice do they've? Kings are stuck with Quick for 3 more years like it or not. Doubt he's tradable with his injury history. And tons of teams will be looking to upgrade their Goaltending depth here not just LA. And probably have better pieces to offer Gorton Detroit being on of them

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
They better hope LA is interested. I think Rangers overplayed their hand. Leafs didn't fall for it and shored up their net elsewhere for much cheaper.

The Rangers were looking to be blown away or they'd sit on their hands. They don't need to trade Georgiev and I hope they don't. I haven't heard any actual chatter from the Rangers usual suspects that they were actually or are actually shopping Georgiev.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like they should be good with Petersen going forward. There doesn't appear to be a burning need for Georgiev to LA at all.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Carolina could use an upgrade in goal for this season, but I don't know if they want to pay up for Georgiev as a long-term upgrade over Nedeljkovic or Kochetkov. I think Carolina is more likely to look for a short-term solution if they make a move this season, and address goalie via the market in the off-season and/or bring up Nedeljkovic to back up next year's starter.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Surely LA now needs a solid goalie for the future ?

Quick is 34 and hasn’t played too good recently, his contract is until 2023, but I don’t think the Kings are planning to ride him as a starter for next 3 seasons ?

Georgiev might just. be the guy to become their new answer in goal ?
I think the reason they moved Campbell is because Quick won't be moved, and they have Cal Petersen. Kind of the same problem the Rangers have.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

agree w/ya on SJ
CAR will not pay for Geo

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
He's barely an average goalie in the AHL at 25, he's your future starting NHL goalie? Good luck.
I guess if you're just looking at his stats, yea. And speaking of looking at stats, he stats are pretty good in 11 NHL games too.

But if you've watched him for more than a handful of minutes, he's played behind a horrid, young defense in Ontario and he's kept the team in games they had no business being in.

Kings are pretty confident he'll be the goalie of the future. At least the near future. And we'll see how that goes to make any long term projections.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad