Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Campbell is a backup, Georgiev is a starter. That’s the difference.

Georgiev has literally never played a starters workload. Consistency in play is typically one of the signs a goaltender can handle it

Elvis Merzlikins, for example, has been pretty consistent, he's had a SV% above .900% in 12 of his last 13 games. Georgiev, over the course of 3 years has never strung together more than 4 games with a SV% above .900%, and often goes on an equally long streak being a sieve.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
So you would have poo poo'd Binnington? He was 25 when he got called up.

Not going to comment if this is the right team for a trade target (it's not), but are we just pretending that Binnington didn't play 76 games in the AHL to the tune of a 2.33 GAA, including his last 44 over two years with a 2.06 and a .927 SV%?

Meanwhile, Peterson has 75 AHL games in his last two seasons, with a 3.73 GAA and SV% of .900? We can argue "strength of AHL defense," but the situations are not at all alike...

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So you would have poo poo'd Binnington? He was 25 when he got called up.

To be fair, we Kings fans both 1. pump every single one of our prospects' tires and 2. poo poo every single one of our prospects' projections. We're neurotic. We have the best prospect pool in the league and they're all trash and will amount to nothing.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As a Rangers fan I think the Kings should find out what they have in Peterson and I'm not concerned about our 3 goalie rotation. It's a pain in the ass mostly for Henrik but he can live with it AFAIC. Alex is a great young goalie and if he gets moved that's okay as long as the return. If we can't get the right return I would just hang on to him.

Reactions: YP44

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
‘Mediocre’ Georgiev is certainly better than any SJ goalie

Is that suppose to hurt my feelings? No one is talking about SJ's goalies so that must be your reason for the troll.

I was hating on San Jose goalies before it was cool so try harder next time.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Petersen deserves a proper chance before they go looking for someone else.

This is the sensible thing. I think if you believe in your guy, you have to give him til the end of the season to try and prove he's the future. If he really stumbles down the stretch I think you look at options like Georgiev if they are still there in and around the draft. Nothing's a farm team demoralizer like watching a guy burn his butt off for 7 years in an org, only to be passed over at the last minute without a fair shake.

I don't necessarily believe in Petey, based on what I've seen this year, but last year he was very good, even at the NHL level. You gotta give him a chance.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
No point of LA to give an arm and a leg for this guy as they dont even have a team that can compete lol might aswell go through a full rebuild and pick up a goalie then if Petersen is not the one

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
kings fans being insanely rude that people dont believe a 25 year old in the ahl whos letting in 4 goals a game and a .900 sp over the last two years in the ahl is a future starter
In this case it is “justified”.

Once again, its a little too early IMO to call him LA’s goalie of the future but he is doing well in the AHL despite his #.

I understand it is kinda odd but it has been explained in this topic already (keep in mind Ontario were dead last in the standings last year). Sometimes the numbers don’t tell the whole story. Now Campbell is traded, PetersEn is brought up because he is playing really well 80% of the time.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Don’t see the logic here for LA... and I really like Georgiev... Peterson might be for real, LA is not giving up nice young assets, and whats best case? Gioegiev steals some games to hurt their draft stock?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Is that suppose to hurt my feelings? No one is talking about SJ's goalies so that must be your reason for the troll.

I was hating on San Jose goalies before it was cool so try harder next time.
Before it was cool? So you were hating on Irbe????:laugh:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Cal Peterson is the real deal.

Do not let his numbers in the NHL fool you.

Kids going to be as good or a better starter in the NHL than Georgiev.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Don’t see the logic here for LA... and I really like Georgiev... Peterson might be for real, LA is not giving up nice young assets, and whats best case? Gioegiev steals some games to hurt their draft stock?
I don't see your logic at all. You aren't looking at the Kings needs at all either.

Should the Kings be carrying 3 goalies on their roster because the rangers have an extra goalie that they want to dump.
And why should the Kings give up an asset that they could use to fill another hole for a third goalie?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Cal Peterson is the real deal.

Do not let his numbers in the NHL fool you.

Kids going to be as good or a better starter in the NHL than Georgiev.

His NHL numbers are pretty great, actually. In 11 games last season, he went 5-4-1 with a 2.61 GAA and a .924 SV%. He's not even a kid - he's older than Walker, Moore, Roy, Amadio, Kempe, Grundstrom, Lizotte, and Wagner.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I'm not sure if Petersen if going to be a good #1 in the NHL. But the Kings, and rightly so, are going to give him every opportunity to earn that. It's why he is in the AHL getting a starter's workload rather than sitting on the bench in the NHL.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
To be fair, we Kings fans both 1. pump every single one of our prospects' tires and 2. poo poo every single one of our prospects' projections. We're neurotic. We have the best prospect pool in the league and they're all trash and will amount to nothing.
We all do. Just seems natural.

I want to thank everyone for playing and proceed to the next thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->