Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Have Rangers fan become the most annoying fans on HF with this Georgiev stuff? Holy moly.

Also, can we give a little benefit of the doubt to fan bases for knowing their prospects better than anyone else? If Kings fans are content with Peterson (as they should be) than who the heck is anyone else to question it? Development isn't linear and goalies are voodoo, but of course the Kings are gonna evaluate their internal options before giving up a small ransom for someone who may not even be an upgrade.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Cal Peterson seems to be the Kings goalie of the future. I guess with Campbell gone he's going to get more of a chance to prove his worth now.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No word yet to the best of my knowledge. It would be glorious if he only misses a game or two and we can screw LA out of the upgrade :P

28 games is a long ass time. I would see why Toronto would do the deal if they know Freddy is out a long period. But I also understand it being short term? And having full control of it. It makes complete sense on both sides. But Toronto does this on almost all their moving picks. It’s a typical Toronto conditions

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Have Rangers fan become the most annoying fans on HF with this Georgiev stuff? Holy moly.

Also, can we give a little benefit of the doubt to fan bases for knowing their prospects better than anyone else? If Kings fans are content with Peterson (as they should be) than who the heck is anyone else to question it? Development isn't linear and goalies are voodoo, but of course the Kings are gonna evaluate their internal options before giving up a small ransom for someone who may not even be an upgrade.
Yea because fan bases would never overrate their own players, never.

Reactions: klingsor

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
:laugh:... We had P'nuff.. so you guys arent even close to bad lol
Umm...there have been times in the very recent past that we were missing both Rielly and Muzzin and were running Ceci and Marincin in our top 4 and 2 raw rookies....i call your bet and raise...:laugh:

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
The Kings probably do need to scrounge to find a reasonable 3rd stringer to finish out the year... only because our two current options in the AHL are Bad and Horribad.

Would probably have taken Hutch from the leafs to come back to Ontario and been fine with it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
600% more is typically considered way more, he's also 2 years younger.

If both players started out professionally this season and played every game, their games played would still be under a full season.

That's why I found "way more games" to be a funny take on two very green goalies.

If one player had 10 games under his belt, and another just had 1 game, would you be saying "he's played in 10 times as many games :scared:" as a valid argument? :help:

Think about it.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Umm...there have been times in the very recent past that we were missing both Rielly and Muzzin and were running Ceci and Marincin in our top 4 and 2 raw rookies....i call your bet and raise...:laugh:
After we traded Muzzin we had the following..
Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-Walker
Phaneuf-Roy
and we got even worse this season... Matt Roy by himself has like 5-7 own goals that ended up being game winners this year... I call!!

Reactions: YP44

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If both players started out professionally this season and played every game, their games played would still be under a full season.

That's why I found "way more games" to be a funny take on two very green goalies.

If one player had 10 games under his belt, and another just had 1 game, would you be saying "he's played in 10 times as many games :scared:" as a valid argument? :help:

Think about it.

What does this even mean

Reactions: RoyalDuder

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
After we traded Muzzin we had the following..
Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-Walker
Phaneuf-Roy
and we got even worse this season... Matt Roy by himself has like 5-7 own goals that ended up being game winners this year... I call!!
You have Doughty...that's at least is an ace high, having Ceci and Marincin in the roster on any given night is like 7-2 offsuit. I'm all in.

Reactions: go4hockey and YP44

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

for a goalie, 67 games would be considered a full season as a starter, for a back-up it could be 3 seasons. Context is important. Yes both goalies are young and inexperienced, but I would trust a scouting report on a goalie with 67 games over a goalie with 10 games.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Surely LA now needs a solid goalie for the future ?

Quick is 34 and hasn’t played too good recently, his contract is until 2023, but I don’t think the Kings are planning to ride him as a starter for next 3 seasons ?

Georgiev might just. be the guy to become their new answer in goal ?

Guys name is Cal Peterson. He will be in LA moving forward. We have no need for a goalie.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
kings fans being insanely rude that people dont believe a 25 year old in the ahl whos letting in 4 goals a game and a .900 sp over the last two years in the ahl is a future starter

11 nhl games is a nothing sample

i was impressed watching him in the nhl, but thats a very bad actual statline to bank on

Pfft, the thread is out of touch with reality. There is a clear reason why LA traded away a goaltender. They have never done so in their recent past without having another in the fold to take the reins. The LA organization and the fanbase have both been really high on Petersen. Regardless if he is the future or not, they are giving him a shot to prove himself under the tutelage of Ranford and Quick since they rightly don't believe they can get rid of Quick's cap hit.

There is absolutely no reason for LA to turn around and drop the assets it is speculated to be needed on the trade table for Georgiev, who is also unproven, albeit has more experience and a greater sample size. LA is clearly in a rebuild where they are saving their futures and developing their current prospects and talent. This is just a desperate thread to ram Georgiev down another fanbase's throats because their key suitor chose another bride...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What does this even mean

....Seriously?

There's 82 games in a season, bud. Neither player has 82 career NHL games.

Didn't think I had to sound that one out for ya. :laugh:

for a goalie, 67 games would be considered a full season as a starter, for a back-up it could be 3 seasons. Context is important. Yes both goalies are young and inexperienced, but I would trust a scouting report on a goalie with 67 games over a goalie with 10 games.

If we're treating them both as sporadically-used backup goalies, sure.

I figured there's greater potential for both, though, maybe in a few years they're both starters. :dunno:

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
....Seriously?

There's 82 games in a season, bud. Neither player has 82 career NHL games.

Didn't think I had to sound that one out for ya. :laugh:

If we're treating them both as sporadically-used backup goalies, sure.

I figured there's greater potential for both, though, maybe in a few years they're both starters. :dunno:

How many goalies play 82 games in a season? Georgiev has been more than a “rarely-used backup” in the NHL for the past two seasons, so putting him in the same basket as Petersen in terms of NHL experience is willfully ignorant.

Reactions: YP44

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wrong. It clearly is Peterson. Guy has been solid and would have been in LA this year but he didn’t have to go through waivers. You don’t seem to know much about Peterson.
Then I feel bad for your rebuild. Hopefully you have some better goalie prospects in the pipeline.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How many goalies play 82 games in a season? Georgiev has been more than a “rarely-used backup” in the NHL for the past two seasons, so putting him in the same basket as Petersen in terms of NHL experience is willfully ignorant.

The argument was made that Georgiev played in "way more games", which ended up being less than a full season's worth.

Like I said earlier, both goalies are still very green so using career games played to confidently place one above the other seems foolish, that's all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad