Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Your clueless and have no idea what your talking about. Cal will be a good NHL goalie.

Goalies are so hit and miss I would say "Cal has a good shot to be a good NHL goalie"

me thinking this thread idea is BS is not the fact that I do not think that Geogiev will be a good NHL netminder but rather I think LA should see what they have first. Plus they have more in the pipeline.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The argument was made that Georgiev played in "way more games", which ended up being less than a full season's worth.

Like I said earlier, both goalies are still very green so using career games played to confidently place one above the other seems foolish, that's all.

Unless a goalie comes into the NHL as a starter, they’re going to be a backup for at least a couple of seasons. Georgiev has been the Rangers 1B goaltender for almost two years, and he isn’t even a rookie this year. There is a stretch between a player being a rookie and a vet, and Georgiev is closer to the latter than the former. Using a skater comp of 82 games is meaningless when the reality is that Georgiev has a starter’s season-load of NHL experience more than Petersen over the last two years.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In eleven games with the Kings last season, Petersen went 5-4-1 with a .924 save percentage and a 2.61 GAA.

He’s a good goalie playing in front of a really inexperienced blue line in Ontario. He looked great last season with the Kings, much better than his Reign stats would lead you to believe.

Reactions: go4hockey

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see that there are some HF experts who are completely clueless of Cal Petersen and his abilities.

They certainly don't know how to spell his name, so their ability to assess a quality prospect goalie in a system they don't see might also be called into question.

Someone mentioned the Sharks. If they're going to keep all those vets with those big, hard to move contracts, the place they need to improve is in net because Jones is NOT it. That would be the California team to be shaking down.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yea because fan bases would never overrate their own players, never.

In that case, readers should take what you say in this thread with a grain of salt, as well. After all, you're a Rangers fan who's suggesting how much better your team's young goaltender is by putting down the other team's.

Reactions: go4hockey

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
LA have goaltending back up in Peterson but in their current state, a solid back up is probably the least of their priorities.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade Campbell in a deal for mid round picks and then pay more for Georgiev.

Carolina and San Jose may be your teams to make a play for Georgiev.

Alex Nedeljkovic is better than Georgiev so doubt Carolina.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They certainly don't know how to spell his name, so their ability to assess a quality prospect goalie in a system they don't see might also be called into question.

Someone mentioned the Sharks. If they're going to keep all those vets with those big, hard to move contracts, the place they need to improve is in net because Jones is NOT it. That would be the California team to be shaking down.

The Blues should’ve also consulted with the resident experts here before calling up a 25-year-old goalie last season.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah no chance LA trades for Georgiev.

In their first 11 games:

Georgiev: 4-5-1 3.09 GAA .908 SV%
Petersen: 5-4-1 2.61 GAA .924 SV%

Now I know Georgiev is more experienced, but I think LA would prefer to ride with Petersen.

Reactions: go4hockey and YP44

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
The dude that’s below .900 in AHL. Ok.

AHL numbers are unimportant. Georgiev has a better save percentage in the NHL than he did in the AHL. Plus his GAA is .1 higher in the NHL.

Carter Hart had a .902 SV% and 3.05 GAA average in the AHL while in the NHL he has a .912 SV% and a 2.72 GAA.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Pretty sure that Detroit could use Alexander Georgiev more then LA, Howard probably retires after this season. And there's been mention that Yzerman could deal Bernier in a few rumor sites. I'd probably do a 2nd for him. Doubt i'd be any more.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pretty sure that Detroit could use Alexander Georgiev more then LA, Howard probably retires after this season. And there's been mention that Yzerman could deal Bernier in a few rumor sites. I'd probably do a 2nd for him. Doubt i'd be any more.
Detroit is the team i was thinking about, but no way will you get him for just a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad