Speculation: Is Georgiev LA bound now?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
His NHL numbers are pretty great, actually. In 11 games last season, he went 5-4-1 with a 2.61 GAA and a .924 SV%. He's not even a kid - he's older than Walker, Moore, Roy, Amadio, Kempe, Grundstrom, Lizotte, and Wagner.

Meant his numbers in the AHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A few here have said Shestyorkin is 25. Thats not true. He turned 24 about a month ago, so the people here misstating that should check their math. Cal Peterson is between 14-15 months older than Shestyorkin. That's less than the difference in age between Shestyorkin and Samsonov, so trying to compare Petersen's lack of NHL games to Shestyorkin's is ridiculous.

And to downplay Shestyorkin's pedigree is also ridiculous. In his 125 games between KHL, AHL and NHL, he's won 100 of those games. He's statistically the best goalie in KHL history. He's first all time, minimum 100 games, in GAA and SV%. He's first in SV% and GAA in the AHL this season. Take a look at his EP page. Since they started recording stats for him, he's put up video game SV% numbers nearly every category they list him him. Played in WJC18, WJC20, WC, and is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Do not drag Shestyorkin into this discussion about Georgiyev's inability to prove himself yet. One is much better than the other.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
LA have goaltending back up in Peterson but in their current state, a solid back up is probably the least of their priorities.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade Campbell in a deal for mid round picks and then pay more for Georgiev.

Carolina and San Jose may be your teams to make a play for Georgiev.
Riemer has been pretty good hasn’t he? San Jose seems logical tho.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Again...skip ahead to 5:34 and tell me Campbell isn't better than this. I will again state...this play happened 34 seconds after the Leafs scored to make it 3-2.
that was the only bad goal he let in. Weird play he lost his stick. Campbell didnt look bad last night but also didn’t look amazing.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
that was the only bad goal he let in. Weird play he lost his stick. Campbell didnt look bad last night but also didn’t look amazing.
Here's the thing, that play came right after the Leafs had gotten back into it..like 34 seconds after. The guy just never seemed able to make the save when he had to.

As for Campbell, his 1st game in a new city...and actually, he looked pretty solid. About the only goal i would purely fault him on was the 4th one that dribbled through...and our own D kicked that one in.

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
As a Ranger fan I would love to have LA as a bidder for Georgiev but if I were them I would at least give Peterson a shot as this season winds down. Georgiev might not be dealt before the summer anyway.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
As a Ranger fan I would love to have LA as a bidder for Georgiev but if I were them I would at least give Peterson a shot as this season winds down. Georgiev might not be dealt before the summer anyway.
Well Petersen is playing tonight and let’s just say they might be in play for Georgiev after all.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Well Petersen is playing tonight and let’s just say they might be in play for Georgiev after all.
Lol after one game? Hell using that logic, why would the Kings want Georgiev after his last two horrible starts?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol. kings arent giving up a 1st or Kempe+ for a goalie so no

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
lol. kings arent giving up a 1st or Kempe+ for a goalie so no
Outside of the Jones trade, which happened in the offseason, when has a team given up a first/quality players for a young goalie on the verge of being a starter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad