Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Selon ce que RDS a appris, le CH aurait offert un contrat à deux volets à Bouillon ou l’option de se présenter sans contrat au camp.
Bouillon sera au camp du CH
Bouillon a opté pour se présenter sans contrat au camp.
Deux autres équipes de la LNH ont offert un essai à Bouillon.
Bouillon a aussi sur la table un contrat d’une formation Suisse pour la saison prochaine.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/bouillon-avait-le-choix-1.1343180

Bouillon receive a two-way contract from MTL and refuse it.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Selon ce que RDS a appris, le CH aurait offert un contrat à deux volets à Bouillon ou l’option de se présenter sans contrat au camp.
Bouillon sera au camp du CH
Bouillon a opté pour se présenter sans contrat au camp.
Deux autres équipes de la LNH ont offert un essai à Bouillon.
Bouillon a aussi sur la table un contrat d’une formation Suisse pour la saison prochaine.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/bouillon-avait-le-choix-1.1343180

Bouillon receive a two-way contract from MTL and refuse it.

Can't wait to see him to settle with a 2-way for some bottom feeder team!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So they offer him a contract, he turns it down and they still invite him to camp? Am I missing something here. Why would you invite him to camp if he turned down a contract, does Montreal think maybe he has some extra gear he's been hiding for the past 15 years that he'll all of a sudden show at camp and be worth more money on a 1 way deal?

I'm confused.

habitue*

So they offer him a contract, he turns it down and they still invite him to camp? Am I missing something here. Why would you invite him to camp if he turned down a contract, does Montreal think maybe he has some extra gear he's been hiding for the past 15 years that he'll all of a sudden show at camp and be worth more money on a 1 way deal?

I'm confused.

Don't be. Bouillon wants to play at NHL level, not AHL. If it doesn't work in Montreal, he has an offer from a Swiss team.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

BxYMEYHCYAAkV1f.png

(at home, preferably)

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I really hope that this tryout contract is just to fulfill the preseason game requirements. If memory serves you have to dress at least 8 veterans and with split squad games that could become a problem. If he is signed to an actual contract I will be disappointed.

Analyzer*

I really hope that this tryout contract is just to fulfill the preseason game requirements. If memory serves you have to dress at least 8 veterans and with split squad games that could become a problem. If he is signed to an actual contract I will be disappointed.

1st round picks count as veterans.

He better not get a contract.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Well, at least we now know that Bergevin is only offering a two-way contract.

I guess Frankie will retire after training camp then. I don't see him riding the bus in the AHL at his age. If he ever goes down, he knows he's not coming back.

habitue*

You never have enough d-men, and especially d-men with NHL experience.

I don't remember a season when all the top six d-men started in Game one. There is always injuries during camp (pull groin,etc...). + They have to play a **** load of pre season games (with some specific rules regarding the number of games a guy can play)

They could keep both Tinordi and Beaulieu in Montreal, but who knows, they might not like to have to sit any of these two in the stands, and might prefer to keep one and send down the other guy in Hamilton to play big minutes.

A trade might also be in the making....

That is why a guy like Bouillon is a good insurance policy as a #7 or #8

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
That is why a guy like Bouillon is a good insurance policy as a #7 or #8

This horse has been beaten to death, re-animated and then beat again.

If Frankie is on the team, he's playing something like 20 min. a night, second PP etc. Coach Therrien has a very soft spot for him.

Otherwise, I'd say yes, bring him in as a 8th dman. 20 games a year, 10-12 min. max. But we know it won't happen that way.

habitue*

This horse has been beaten to death, re-animated and then beat again.

If Frankie is on the team, he's playing something like 20 min. a night, second PP etc. Coach Therrien has a very soft spot for him.

Otherwise, I'd say yes, bring him in as a 8th dman. 20 games a year, 10-12 min. max. But we know it won't happen that way.

Untrue. Get your facts straight ! He was playing 17:40 per game (6th on the team) and had 1:15 of PP minutes per game.

But I agree he could play way less games and minutes.

It won't happen "that way" if there is no injuries and the kids perform well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Untrue. Get your facts straight ! He was playing 17:40 per game (6th on the team) and had 1:15 of PP minutes per game.

Dude, I knew I was off a little. But everybody, you included, got the point.

And yes, it will happen that way with Therrien. He and Frankie won the Memorial cup together back in the days. Therrien's dream is not to win the Stanley cup, but to win it with Frankie in his lineup. :laugh:

habitue*

Dude, I knew I was off a little. But everybody, you included, got the point.

And yes, it will happen that way with Therrien. He and Frankie won the Memorial cup together back in the days. Therrien's dream is not to win the Stanley cup, but to win it with Frankie in his lineup. :laugh:

MT has a boss. And if Bergevin (first signs Bouillon) and then demands him to play the youngsters to develop them, he will have to obey.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....=avgEvenStrengthTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....=avgEvenStrengthTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

Not going to be #7 or #8 with Therrien. When he plays, he'll play #5 minutes. If you want to see how a #7/#8 would be used see Murray.

Last edited:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Not a big fan of Bouillon, but I feel like some ppl make him seem worse than he actually is. He played some good hockey in the playoffs, he scored more goals than Markov, Emelin and Gorges all together.

I remember him and Weaver were the best pair during game 3 or 4 vs Tampa, they were something like plus 5 together by midway through the game.

And ppl think that Therrien would always play him. If you guys remember mid to late in the season, Bouillon was a become the 7th dmen, he played like 1 game in 17 games.

I think Bergevin thinking is that he needs one of Bouillon or DD44 on the team to be the 7th and 8th dmen. DD44 was sent down last year but maybe he has a good camp.

If you look at the dcore, Markov-Subban, Emelin-Gilbert, Tinordi/Beauliu-Weaver.

Only room for 1 maybe 2 of Tinordi, Paterny, Bealieu will be in the lineup, no use in having those guys in the press box instead of getting playing time in the AHL.

Better to have a guy like DD44 or Bouillon sit in the press box most nights as opposed to young guys.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not a big fan of Bouillon, but I feel like some ppl make him seem worse than he actually is. He played some good hockey in the playoffs, he scored more goals than Markov, Emelin and Gorges all together.

I remember him and Weaver were the best pair during game 3 or 4 vs Tampa, they were something like plus 5 together by midway through the game.

And ppl think that Therrien would always play him. If you guys remember mid to late in the season, Bouillon was a become the 7th dmen, he played like 1 game in 17 games.

I think Bergevin thinking is that he needs one of Bouillon or DD44 on the team to be the 7th and 8th dmen. DD44 was sent down last year but maybe he has a good camp.

If you look at the dcore, Markov-Subban, Emelin-Gilbert, Tinordi/Beauliu-Weaver.

Only room for 1 maybe 2 of Tinordi, Paterny, Bealieu will be in the lineup, no use in having those guys in the press box instead of getting playing time in the AHL.

Better to have a guy like DD44 or Bouillon sit in the press box most nights as opposed to young guys.

Bouillon has become a scapegoat on this board. No matter what he does, even if he'd score 3 goals, prevent 5 goals and fights Lucic and Knock him out, most comments will be "Oh ****...that means the coach will use him more and more from now on...." Just irreversible for Frankie. At best, the guy has just 1 more year to go to. He wasn't ready to retire as he thought he still has some value. He now knows, with this summer, that he doesn't anymore. Retiring will now be a part of his thinking as this is what he'll do next year, or play in Europe. No way does he repeat next year what he's been through this year.

And Frankie, euh frankly, people are find him to be worst than he is, not entirely because of what he is....but because of how he is used and how the coach loves him dearly. It does make him worse than he actually is....Having said all of that.....there's still tons of bad teams in this league. And not a whole lot think he's Worthy of a 1-year contract. So he is towards the end. Bergevin probably just want to give him the chance to see that he's fairly behind everybody and reality might just kick in. Unless....all of our kids have setbacks and Frankie is actually the best solution we have....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is Therrien's doing.

Therrien couldn't convince Bergevin to bring Armstrong back who, also, was suppose to be a favorite. If Bergevin wouldn't want a player back, he wouldn't be back. In Bouillon's case, I guess we could "think" that everybody got what they wanted. Let's choose to believe that Bergevin didn't want him back and Therrien would. That means, he does come back...but with absolutely no guarantees and he HAS to show he's better than what we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad