Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
PR for who? No one wants him here.:laugh:

A try out is a try out, it's no big deal.

I just have 1 criteria:

only give him a contract if he deserves it.

If any of beaulieu, tinordi, pateryn play better, no and cya boo. Nothing else makes sense.

You do know that HFBoards does not represent the entire franco Habs fanbase do you? True that it's no big deal though, only there in case our kids fall on their face. Yet, the franco factor still exist and if you don't want to sign him, might as well invite him and then, in the face of journalists and fans, you tell everybody that you tried to have him but the kids are ready.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You do know that HFBoards does not represent the entire franco Habs fanbase do you? True that it's no big deal though, only there in case our kids fall on their face. Yet, the franco factor still exist and if you don't want to sign him, might as well invite him and then, in the face of journalists and fans, you tell everybody that you tried to have him but the kids are ready.

That board is totally not representative of the franco fanbase, which is also the biggest "part" of the fan base.

But... WTH does that have to do with Bouillon?! He's at best an 8th D-Men at this point, and with the number of forwards we have, we might end up having to start the season with 5 D-Mens.

EDIT : Actually, the invite is awesome just for Berkshire's knee-jerk reaction that shows the true nature of the guy : a vindictive, tiny, angry person.

Still, if Bouillon makes the team, I won't be amused....

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That board is totally not representative of the franco fanbase, which is also the biggest "part" of the fan base.

But... WTH does that have to do with Bouillon?! He's at best an 8th D-Men at this point, and with the number of forwards we have, we might end up having to start the season with 5 D-Mens.

EDIT : Actually, the invite is awesome just for Berkshire's knee-jerk reaction that shows the true nature of the guy : a vindictive, tiny, angry person.

Still, if Bouillon makes the team, I won't be amused....

Again, I don't want him here. He's another true warrior that is just done. But seeing how Bergevin loves to have d-men depth, it's really not surprising.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Again, I don't want him here. He's another true warrior that is just done. But seeing how Bergevin loves to have d-men depth, it's really not surprising.
Then what's the point of having Drewiskie and Nygren? Bouillon brings nothing, not even depth. I was saying the same when Drewiskie was signed when he had Bouillon and I'll say it now when the situation has changed.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If there's a serious injury during the camps, i would get his signing, but other than that......absolutely no reason to take him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

No no, I get it. I just don't think much of the franco community cares that much about boullion. Some will but some probably want latendresse back. At a certain point...

Besides, not like we didn't give him a chance for many years.

I think there's better vets who fill specific needs for us if need be who are still unsigned.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
He was invited to camp, no contract.

Meaning he has to deserve his job, MB is not giving it to him.

Most of those invitees do not get contracts. Remember Fleury that one time in Calgary? He did great, but ultimately the invite was just a favor to the guy because he really wanted it. I smell a similar case here.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Well ****... Considering how biased the guy "evaluating" him is... It's pretty much a done deal at this point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bouillon typical :shakehead

854709052.gif

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
I don't think Berkshire's ever jumped over anything in his life.

Everybody knows this Berkshire is just a poster from HI/O who's allowed to write on Robert Lefebvre's old site, right? A blowhard with big opinions and not much insight or talent.

I don't mind if Bouillon has a try out as a courtesy. But I'm with those who fear Therrien's irrational love for him will mean he gets some kind of contract. He's got nothing left now, he had nothing left last year and he'll have nothing left if he ends up somehow getting a roster spot.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
From RDS Twitter

C'est confirmé! Le défenseur Francis Bouillon sera au camp du #Canadiens!! http://t.co/dItZO6XYiA http://t.co/39x8byhFAe

Just when things were looking up...sigh

Don't mind him being invited. Makes sure Beau and Tinner don't take their spot on the team for granted and keep pushing hard.

If they both do that, they'll bump Bou off the team. If they don't, they're as much to blame for Bou getting a contract as Bergevin and MT.

Go Beau and Tinner!!!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Then what's the point of having Drewiskie and Nygren? Bouillon brings nothing, not even depth. I was saying the same when Drewiskie was signed when he had Bouillon and I'll say it now when the situation has changed.

Bouillon was invited. Not giving a contract. The point of inviting Bouillon is that if everybody falls on their face and management isn't happy with all those guys, they have him. Bergevin keeps talking about depth. Not sure why people are surprised by this. And should be grateful that it's not, so far, about getting a new contract.

Signing Bouillon would indeed mean what about those guys. Inviting him without a contract, means nothing....so far. But let say that it does, well what it means is that if Bouillon is indeed in the plans, is that they believe Nygren is still not ready and are willing to give him another year in Sweden or about to trade him. And that they overrated Drewiske and feel he's worst than Bouillon.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Never would usually say this, but I hope he gets hurt on the first day of camp and does not get a contract.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was dead set against a contract but an invite is fine by me. It doesn't delude the message being send to the NHL ready young Dmen that we have that there's some spots open for them if they earn them. It might even make it clearer in a way, now they know what the standard is going to be : Be at least equal to Cube at the camp. And if injuries/bad performances arise then they have a vet backup ready. If anything it's worst news for Drewiske at this point :P .

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Never would usually say this, but I hope he gets hurt on the first day of camp and does not get a contract.

I know people don't want to see him and all but wishing him to be hurt is taking it a bit too far.

I always liked Bouillon play and effort but he needs to realise when to retire.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I know people don't want to see him and all but wishing him to be hurt is taking it a bit too far.

I always liked Bouillon play and effort but he needs to realise when to retire.
For sure......his presence will keep the kids on their toes, but that's about it...give him a pro scout type of job, and away we go!!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
At the end of the day, if 2 guys like Beaulieu Tinordi Nygren Pateryn force their way onto the team they'll stick and Bouillon wont. Habs could do worse as a #7, people need to use common sense and stop hating. Keeping a young guy as #7 is not ideal but I'd rather have Nygren there than going back to SEL.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Great so he is going to suck up for 3 weeks to MT and get himself a contract

On interviews I expect him to say they need more leaders and that the Habs have good young defencemans but they're too young

habitue*

Don't mind him being invited. Makes sure Beau and Tinner don't take their spot on the team for granted and keep pushing hard.

If they both do that, they'll bump Bou off the team. If they don't, they're as much to blame for Bou getting a contract as Bergevin and MT.

Go Beau and Tinner!!!

I agree. The two kids need to step up their game and compete hard at the camp.

It might also mean that one of them will go back to AHL. Or will be dealt for a top 9 big strong forward.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The trouble is he's both old and motivated. Old guys tend to start great and fade quickly. And his motivation will spur that start.

In other words, it's quite possible he looks good in camp and suckers them into a contract. Brutal!

Given their situation with D-men, I can't understand for the life of me how they haven't moved on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad