Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Morris won't come to Montreal to be a #7 or #8. Bouillon is living next door and knows the team and the guys.

You know this how?

Morris is without a contract into the second week of September and he's 36 years old.

He might look at a contending team that is relying on two young defenseman in their top six and see an opportunity that might be a good fit.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
You know this how?

Morris is without a contract into the second week of September and he's 36 years old.

He might look at a contending team that is relying on two young defenseman in their top six and see an opportunity that might be a good fit.

Mtl has only 1 spot open in their top 6, Markov-Subban, Emelin-Gilbert,X-Weaver.

Not only that, all Morris has to do is look at Mtl depth chart on RD, we have Subban, Gilbert, and Weaver, all pretty much lock, so he has to outplay Gilbert and Weaver to get a chance. Where as if he was a left shot, he would be battling one of the young guys for a spot, something that might be some attractive to him but that isn't the case.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Emelin - Subban
Markov - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi
Drewiske
Pateryn

Why the hell would we need the smurf other than to please MT?

Mynameismark*

Cant find a place to keep Whitey but we can still give the ancient Boo a shot.

:shakehead

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Therrien couldn't convince Bergevin to bring Armstrong back who, also, was suppose to be a favorite. If Bergevin wouldn't want a player back, he wouldn't be back. In Bouillon's case, I guess we could "think" that everybody got what they wanted. Let's choose to believe that Bergevin didn't want him back and Therrien would. That means, he does come back...but with absolutely no guarantees and he HAS to show he's better than what we have.
There's no way on God's green earth that MB brings back Cube without MT pleading for him. This is the same guy that used him on the PP remember? Cube is Mt's boy. There's absolutely zero reason for him to have been asked back otherwise.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There's no way on God's green earth that MB brings back Cube without MT pleading for him. This is the same guy that used him on the PP remember? Cube is Mt's boy. There's absolutely zero reason for him to have been asked back otherwise.

Which is what I'm saying. Yet....Therrien couldn't convince MB to give him a contract....yet.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Which is what I'm saying. Yet....Therrien couldn't convince MB to give him a contract....yet.
My hope is that MB takes a real hard look at Therrien and realizes what an idiot he's been. Cube shouldn't be anywhere near this team. Ridiculous that we're even talking about him right now.

YYZviaYUL

Aug 9, 2014
My hope is that MB takes a real hard look at Therrien and realizes what an idiot he's been. Cube shouldn't be anywhere near this team. Ridiculous that we're even talking about him right now.

That's going to be difficult after extending him for 3 years this off season.

habitue*

Instead of talking thru your .... all the time, please look at Therrien's record over the last two seasons.... Not bad for an "idiot".

That team went from basement in the East to almost a SC Finals.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Instead of talking thru your .... all the time, please look at Therrien's record over the last two seasons.... Not bad for an "idiot".

That team went from basement in the East to almost a SC Finals.
Really? Wow. Good thing the Maple Leafs didn't have him as their coach or it could've been them just missing out on going to the finals.

Great point!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Really? Wow. Good thing the Maple Leafs didn't have him as their coach or it could've been them just missing out on going to the finals.

Great point!

I think that's a bit sensationalist. For every coach fits every team. For whatever reason, even with MT's flaws he's surpassed expectations after a disaster 2011-12 season. There's no denying he's brought more good than bad. I think calling him an idiot is over doing it and I don't like boullion playing either.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Bouillon has become a scapegoat on this board. No matter what he does, even if he'd score 3 goals, prevent 5 goals and fights Lucic and Knock him out, most comments will be "Oh ****...that means the coach will use him more and more from now on...." Just irreversible for Frankie. At best, the guy has just 1 more year to go to. He wasn't ready to retire as he thought he still has some value. He now knows, with this summer, that he doesn't anymore. Retiring will now be a part of his thinking as this is what he'll do next year, or play in Europe. No way does he repeat next year what he's been through this year.

And Frankie, euh frankly, people are find him to be worst than he is, not entirely because of what he is....but because of how he is used and how the coach loves him dearly. It does make him worse than he actually is....Having said all of that.....there's still tons of bad teams in this league. And not a whole lot think he's Worthy of a 1-year contract. So he is towards the end. Bergevin probably just want to give him the chance to see that he's fairly behind everybody and reality might just kick in. Unless....all of our kids have setbacks and Frankie is actually the best solution we have....

I agree about Boullion. People are very hard on him but I don't particularly get why he plays so much though.

FWIW, I think we all saw he was behind people last playoff. Beaulieu is better. Add Markov, Subban, Emelin, Gilbert, Weaver and you're left with a 7th d-man at best and at that point there's other options like Tinordi, Pateryn, Drewiske, etc...

The ONLY benefit with boullion is he's a better NHL reserve then Drewiske but I sincerely hope the young D take the next step. In addition, I would've rather invited someone else.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Well let's face it, if MT doesn't cut Bouillon during the camp, what can MB do? Tell Cube to go home?

By giving a tryout to Bouillon it pretty much put the matter into Therrien's hands.

If only MT could be reasonable and use Bouillon as 7th D, then this whole story would be a non-issue.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well let's face it, if MT doesn't cut Bouillon during the camp, what can MB do? Tell Cube to go home?

By giving a tryout to Bouillon it pretty much put the matter into Therrien's hands.

If only MT could be reasonable and use Bouillon as 8th D, then this whole story would be a non-issue.

Fixed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

If only MT could be reasonable and use Bouillon as 7th D, then this whole story would be a non-issue.

Those décisions aren't solely MT's. You have a number of contracts to respect. You have tons of décisions that could influence this one. And then come the hockey evaluation when, again, MT won't be the only one making that decision.

habitue*

For me this story is a non-issue.

The guy was invited, not signed. many good reasons to invite a veteran player for a camp. I won't explain again.

Sorry for the ones with the crystal ball who are panicking because they think he's gonna be signed and play 20 minutes a game.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

Actually 7th/8th would be more realistic.

I'd be fine if whoever doesn't make the team from (presumably) Beaulieu and Tinordi (or a combination of the two throughout the season) spends time playing big minutes in the AHL moreso than not playing in the NHL.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think that's a bit sensationalist. For every coach fits every team. For whatever reason, even with MT's flaws he's surpassed expectations after a disaster 2011-12 season. There's no denying he's brought more good than bad. I think calling him an idiot is over doing it and I don't like boullion playing either.
The team has surpassed expectations.

Our coach did a lousy job with systems, personel management, benchings, calling out players, lineups... And our play last year was not good. The only thing great that we saw last season was goaltending and he doesn't get credit for that.

He did not exceed expectations at all. The team did (in the standings anyway.) And contrary to what some folks think here, they are not one and the same.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Our coach did a lousy job with systems, personel management, benchings, calling out players, lineups... And our play last year was not good. The only thing great that we saw last season was goaltending and he doesn't get credit for that.

He did not exceed expectations at all. The team did (in the standings anyway.) And contrary to what some folks think here, they are not one and the same.

So if he did all the right moves with the criteria and we finish 11th in the east he's a genius? Because you are in fact calling him an idiot for having success.

Of course, you may argue that we win despite him which is well, a little flimsy in my mind. It's too extreme to be realistic.

That does not mean certain players contributed more to the success of the team than he did. I think that much is obvious, the game is played on the ice, not behind the bench.

habitue*

Wow ! Do you think before posting your **** ?

In the last two seasons, most NHL experts (medias) have put the Habs OUTSIDE the Series. They are forecasting it even for the next season.

I know what are your wildest expectations.... Getting all the Quebec born players , coaches and management off the team.

I still don't understand why you are wearing that nickname. Over 20,000 posts... Just WOW !

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00