Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
... wtf. It better be as an 8th D-Man, if possible on a 2-way contract... But honestly I just don't trust MT if Bouillon is around not to use him profusely. Watch him matching him with PK again...

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
YESSS

Bouillon is a B class defenceman. I'll gladly take him back. Hope we sign him for at least 2 more years.

Subban - Bouillon will be one of the best duo this year.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
If Bouillon's there as a 7D or as "the guy the kids have to beat to make it in" it would be fine.

The problem is that if the Habs sign him Therrien is going to play him as a semi-regular.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well... not terrible, as long as he's a genuine 8th dman. There's even a potential upside if he turns out to be a good mentor to Beaulieu, Tinordi and one of Pateryn or Nygren. Emergency spare-tire Bouillon is fine; it's the regular-shift Bouillon who's problematic.

His salary doesn't affect us, and will only become an issue at the trade deadline, where Bergevin will probably make another big playoff push.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I don't like Bouillon but at the same time I don't trust Tinordi or Beaulieu to be ready.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't get it, I'd rather have Nygren as the number 7D. Having Frankie Bou in the line-up means that we have to deal with the back-up situation before the start of the season or we'll have too many players on our roster (unless Price isn't ready). Bouillon is not terribad but if he plays in Hamilton it's not too bad. He's a good mentor and guy in general. Good emergency call-up, he knows the system very well.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
With MT behind the bench was there really any doubt he wouldn't somehow get his favorite boy Bouillon back if Bouillon wanted to keep playing. The young guys will never get a chance to play a regular shift if MB keeps signing these over the hill depth dmen.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I don't get it unless he's starting the season in Hamilton. Tinordi and Beaulieu need to make the jump and it's better to deal with their rookie mistakes than have Therrien putting Bouillon in the lineup any time they make a mistake.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If true, then it's a bad news.
I prefer to give that chance to Beaulieu, Tino, Nygren or Pateryn, or even Bennett.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I don't understand this. Unless it's to sit him in the stands all season as an extra in case of an unforeseen catastrophe.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
On the one hand, can never have enough NHL defencemen.

On the other, Therrien will be tempted to play him when he shouldnt.

Hoping for NPPC (no powerplay clause) to be included....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00