Is Bouillon coming back? (Officially invited to training camp)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I thought last season the young guys were going to get more ice time than they did, and was disappointed by it.

This year no question the young Ds need lots of games.

Like others, the idea of having 2 youngsters in the top 7 is exciting.

But. If you have 2 young guys in the top 7 that means if you have one vet get injured, you must play 2 young guys, and likely together. If 2 vets go down, which is quite possible, then you must play 3 young guys. That gets scary, especially for GMs and coaches.

As for Cubes, he is small and old, but this is why he signs one year deals. Guy is a warrior. Nothing wrong with Cubes if MT played him exclusively bottom 6 with no PP and sat him out a lot so the young guys could play. This is another case, like Darche, where you should not blame the player, but the coach and how the player is played.

So what we see here is MB giving Cubes a chance, but he only gets signed if he really is top 7 in our D depth, otherwise we take the risk having 2 young guys top 7 in case of injuries. My only concern is if Cubes edges out Nygren for the 7th spot so he bolts back to Europe. I would rather have Nygren here if its that close.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Don't know it it's been posted, but according to this:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201409/13/01-4799846-bouillon-au-camp-du-canadien-sans-contrat.php

Bouillon is going to the KHL or Switzerland if it doesn't work with the Habs.

So a reasonable guess is that Bouillon would rather to to Europe instead of having a two-way contract in the NHL.

I don't get why older NHL'ers who would be subs would turn down a sizeable amount to be a regular during a shorter season.... In Switzerland... of all places.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I don't get why older NHL'ers who would be subs would turn down a sizeable amount to be a regular during a shorter season.... In Switzerland... of all places.

Switzerland is beautiful and he can have a once-in-a-lifetime experience playing his final season there.

I definitely see the appeal.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Don't know it it's been posted, but according to this:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201409/13/01-4799846-bouillon-au-camp-du-canadien-sans-contrat.php

Bouillon is going to the KHL or Switzerland if it doesn't work with the Habs.

So a reasonable guess is that Bouillon would rather to to Europe instead of having a two-way contract in the NHL.

I would guess that the hangup was when the rumors of him signing were for him to report to the AHL if demoted.

I don't think a 1 way or 2 way deal makes a difference. 500 k is peanuts for a team with 200+ mil in revenue and a 60 mil payroll.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would guess that the hangup was when the rumors of him signing were for him to report to the AHL if demoted.

I don't think a 1 way or 2 way deal makes a difference. 500 k is peanuts for a team with 200+ mil in revenue and a 60 mil payroll.

It's not about money.
If Bouillon signs the contract with the Habs, he's stuck going to Hamilton if he doesn't make the team.
Hence why a tryout.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It's not about money.
If Bouillon signs the contract with the Habs, he's stuck going to Hamilton if he doesn't make the team.
Hence why a tryout.

Well, yeah, that seems to be the point.

Good news is, Bouillon would rather go to Europe instead of having a X% probability of riding the bus in the AHL. And I'm fine with that.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Untrue. Get your facts straight ! He was playing 17:40 per game (6th on the team) and had 1:15 of PP minutes per game.

But I agree he could play way less games and minutes.

It won't happen "that way" if there is no injuries and the kids perform well.

Even if you're strict, and consider "like, 20 minutes" to be only 19 or more minutes, then we saw Bouillon play "like, 20 minutes" 15 times last year. 15. That's ridiculous.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wow ! Do you think before posting your **** ?

In the last two seasons, most NHL experts (medias) have put the Habs OUTSIDE the Series. They are forecasting it even for the next season.
Some of us look beyond the standings and are able to distinguish between the team and the coach.
I know what are your wildest expectations.... Getting all the Quebec born players , coaches and management off the team.

I still don't understand why you are wearing that nickname. Over 20,000 posts... Just WOW !
Getting rid of all Quebec born players and management?

Welcome to my ignore list.
So if he did all the right moves with the criteria and we finish 11th in the east he's a genius? Because you are in fact calling him an idiot for having success.
No. I'm calling him an idiot for playing Bouillion on the PP. Actually, I'm calling him an idiot for playing him at all.
Of course, you may argue that we win despite him which is well, a little flimsy in my mind. It's too extreme to be realistic.
We've been down this road before and you are wrong. There's nothing flimsy about saying he was a bad coach. It doesn't matter what the final standings were.

Bottom third in shots
Bottom third in shots against
Consistently outchanced
Our previously lethal PP fell to below average (and Cube was on the 2nd unit????)
One scoring line given a ridiculous amount of opportunity and none for the rest
Calling out players in the press
Roster moves (Murray, Cube) that made no sense
Almost every single player regressed last season

But... we had killer goaltending. THAT'S why we were where we were in the standings.
That does not mean certain players contributed more to the success of the team than he did. I think that much is obvious, the game is played on the ice, not behind the bench.
I see. If that's the case then, why would you try to credit him for the season we just had?

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
But. If you have 2 young guys in the top 7 that means if you have one vet get injured, you must play 2 young guys, and likely together. If 2 vets go down, which is quite possible, then you must play 3 young guys. That gets scary, especially for GMs and coaches.
:rant: I am so g.d. sick of reading this "You can't play two young D!" nonsense!

Name this defence corps (ages as of the start of the season). It played an entire playoff run together.

Age 21
Age 21
Age 24
Age 28
Age 32
Age 34

Shock and horror! Two 21-year-olds playing every playoff game! And another one under 25! How did they ever cope?!

Answer:
[spoil]2011-2012 Los Angeles Kings. Stanley Cup champions.[/spoil]

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
:rant: I am so g.d. sick of reading this "You can't play two young D!" nonsense!

Name this defence corps (ages as of the start of the season). It played an entire playoff run together.

Age 21
Age 21
Age 24
Age 28
Age 32
Age 34

Shock and horror! Two 21-year-olds playing every playoff game! And another one under 25! How did they ever cope?!

Answer:

The Kings??

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Age 21
Age 21
Age 24
Age 28
Age 32
Age 34

Answer:

I get your point.
But none of our guys are remotely close to Doughty material.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I was obviously referring to Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn.

Sorry, I don't follow.

You said we don't have any Doughty's to compare us to LA. I said how about PK and you said you meant Tinner, Beau and Pateryn and completely excluded PK. How does that make sense?

Montreal doesn't have a goalie as good as Quick either. I mean if you compare him to Budaj or Tokarski :sarcasm:

Apples to apples my friend.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sorry, I don't follow.

You said we don't have any Doughty's to compare us to LA. I said how about PK and you said you meant Tinner, Beau and Pateryn and completely excluded PK. How does that make sense?

Montreal doesn't have a goalie as good as Quick either. I mean if you compare him to Budaj or Tokarski :sarcasm:

Montreal doesnt have a 21 YO D comparable to the 21YO version of Doughty.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Sorry, I don't follow.

He was referring to the fact that Drew Doughty was one of those 21 year olds during the 2011 cup run.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Retweeté par Dan Kramer
Andreas Hehn @Le_Canadien · 2 h
@DanKramerHabs Bouillon is close to signing in Switzerland, apparently pic.twitter.com/gpI5wjny4E

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Retweeté par Dan Kramer
Andreas Hehn @Le_Canadien · 2 h
@DanKramerHabs Bouillon is close to signing in Switzerland, apparently pic.twitter.com/gpI5wjny4E

A deal with a pre-emptive out clause?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Age 21
Age 21
Age 24
Age 28
Age 32
Age 34

Answer:

First of all, Drew Doughty is an elite talent. Not even remotely the same thing as the youngsters the Canadiens are bringing along. Additionally, Doughty had just completed his fourth full season in the NHL when the 2011-12 playoffs began. Surely you can see that this isn't remotely the same situation.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I thought last season the young guys were going to get more ice time than they did, and was disappointed by it.

This year no question the young Ds need lots of games.

Like others, the idea of having 2 youngsters in the top 7 is exciting.

As for Cubes, he is small and old, but this is why he signs one year deals. Guy is a warrior. Nothing wrong with Cubes if MT played him exclusively bottom 6 with no PP and sat him out a lot so the young guys could play. This is another case, like Darche, where you should not blame the player, but the coach and how the player is played.

So what we see here is MB giving Cubes a chance, but he only gets signed if he really is top 7 in our D depth, otherwise we take the risk having 2 young guys top 7 in case of injuries. My only concern is if Cubes edges out Nygren for the 7th spot so he bolts back to Europe. I would rather have Nygren here if its that close.
Beaulieu is ready. He was ready last year.

Tinordi probably should've seen more time than he did last season as well. I have no problem with both in the lineup. And quite frankly we could use the dimension that Tinordi would bring. Will he make mistakes? You bet. But he's young and I would at least like to give him a shot. I'd at least like to see him get some games in anyway and be the first callup for injuries.

There's no way Beaulieu shouldn't be in the lineup every game this season barring injury. That guy is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad