Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
The only players i would absolutely take over him are McDavid and Mack. a few more are debatable , ei Kucherov but he is 3rd for me

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Marchand plays with Bergeron and Pasta

Panarin plays with Strome and Blackwell

Panarin >> Marchand
This is why Panarin is so good. he can play with anyone and be outstanding. while elevating the play of anyone he plays with.

Look what Ryan Strome was doing before Panarin got there.

Colin Blackwell was a 27 year old AHL player and now has 15 points in 29 games.

Even guys like Zibanejad and Buchnevich saw increase in production.

Panarin is crazy good, and underrated by a lot of people. He should have won the Hart last year and is undoubtedly a top 5 player.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Kickingmaniac pretty sucks at control puck along the boards, i preddict he will look like shit in playoff when nobody will not give him miles of space

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Panarin is 16th in the NHL scoring race right now... I know that points aren't everything in this league but I agree that a lot of the players others have mentioned on this thread are easily better. Is this even a legit question?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nah. He's probably ahead of Marner and Pasta for 2nd best winger though. I feel like Kucherov is still better (assuming health) and several C's. A winger pretty much needs 10 extra points to equal everything a C does.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nah. He's probably the ahead of Marner and Pasta for 2nd best winger though. I feel like Kucherov is still better (assuming health) and several C's. A winger pretty much needs 10 extra points to equal everything a C does.
Marchand best winger thus season

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
The fact that Panarin signed in New York as a top free agent and is still playing amazing makes me believe he is at the very least a top 5 player.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Sounds crazy I know.

But the little ball of hate is one point behind Matthews and Marner. Scoring winning goals while short handed. Hits, fights, gets under every ones skin, leads his team. The Bruin have 6 games still to play against the Sabres. Im betting the little rat will finish 4th behind McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane in the scoring race.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The fact that Panarin signed in New York as a top free agent and is still playing amazing makes me believe he is at the very least a top 5 player.
He is playing that way. And making it look easy.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Panarin is 16th in the NHL scoring race right now... I know that points aren't everything in this league but I agree that a lot of the players others have mentioned on this thread are easily better. Is this even a legit question?
He’s 3rd in PPG

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
I prefer tiers as many similar players can be ranked in any order within a tier imo.
Tier 1: McDavid
Tier 2: Mackinnon, Draisaitl
Tier 3: Matthews, Panarin, Barkov, Pastarnak, Kucherov, Kane

Reactions: Jauffre

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Have you looked at the number of games he played? Jesus Christ some people..,
Ah... I'll admit I do have a bad habit of overlooking details. :ha: The more I think about it, the more I can agree with most that he is for sure a top 5 player... But second best in the league? I think Kane and Matthews are probably still ahead. It's a very competitive bunch of players below McDavid to pick from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad