Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Any very long-timers around here might remember jacketracket. Was one of the more active members when I signed on. His profile pic was of someone drinking a giant mug of Tim Horton's coffee. He was one of about 3-4 others I sort of associated the forum with in the days after I first signed on, which is think was during a lockout, but whatever. Top Shelf (a one-time mod who eventually left but I'm pretty sure is the celebrated fan who tackled the Wings fan octopus thrower at Nationwide); 3mta3, who's been gone for years but who was the first to pick up on a little thing I was doing, typing this game is critical in every GDT (and I still have the PM to prove it); and a still semi-active poster who I think has a different screen name now and who turned out to be a then-co-worker.

Anyway... jacketracket was one of the 5-6 fans who was there at the first utterance.

EDIT: we did not know each other. When I showed up here, he said ‘I think we’ve met and I think I was there when your screen name was created. Do you sit in 103?’

Anyway he got banned from here and came back once after but has been gone for ages. He wasn’t in 103 much longer, either. And now, neither am I.

END EDIT

Why do I share this story? Mostly boredom. And now you're bored, too.
I thought he died at first! Don't do that to me! ;)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
EcaykQ9X0AEu4pU

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Nationwide Arena could be even better if it had the food/concessions that the top 3 have. A bigger scoreboard would help too. Ottawa is in dire need of a new arena downtown.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So essentially Portzline is the only person still doing CBJ coverage for the Athletic and he's expected to do it all by himself.

This sucks. I see how ineffective it is in every job when one person has to do everything.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Just cancelled my subscription.

Kind of pissed. Look forward to seeing what Lukan does next.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
People get mistreated or undervalued all over society for all different reasons.

Competent or not, it’s clear the peak of advanced stats is in the past, thankfully.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
People get mistreated or undervalued all over society for all different reasons.

Competent or not, it’s clear the peak of advanced stats is in the past, thankfully.

Considering every team in the NHL has an analytics department and the best teams in the league (And the champions) typically have very good possession numbers, No it’s not.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Was never too terribly impressed with Alison but I get tired of having to read Portzline and Portzline only. Hedger lost me when he whined about Panarin ignoring him outside of the locker room and the NHL.com dude just writes fluff pieces. Bring back Tom Reed.

As a longtime journalist, I feel pretty confident no one is being brought back to any outlet.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Any very long-timers around here might remember jacketracket. Was one of the more active members when I signed on. His profile pic was of someone drinking a giant mug of Tim Horton's coffee. He was one of about 3-4 others I sort of associated the forum with in the days after I first signed on, which is think was during a lockout, but whatever. Top Shelf (a one-time mod who eventually left but I'm pretty sure is the celebrated fan who tackled the Wings fan octopus thrower at Nationwide); 3mta3, who's been gone for years but who was the first to pick up on a little thing I was doing, typing this game is critical in every GDT (and I still have the PM to prove it); and a still semi-active poster who I think has a different screen name now and who turned out to be a then-co-worker.

Anyway... jacketracket was one of the 5-6 fans who was there at the first utterance.

EDIT: we did not know each other. When I showed up here, he said ‘I think we’ve met and I think I was there when your screen name was created. Do you sit in 103?’

Anyway he got banned from here and came back once after but has been gone for ages. He wasn’t in 103 much longer, either. And now, neither am I.

END EDIT

Why do I share this story? Mostly boredom. And now you're bored, too.

Good story. Top Shelf is still around town, he's just not on HFboards anymore.

Reactions: Fro

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If Alison being laid off is true, it’s terrible. I subscribe to The Athletic primarily for Jackets coverage. While I enjoy Porty, more than one contributor is needed to provide the in depth coverage they claim to provide. And the work that Alison provided is exactly information not otherwise available. Great stuff!

The Athletic already said goodbye to Tom Reed. Now Alison is gone. I have this feeling that The Athletic may become The Titanic.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I canceled my subscription to the Athletic after they auto renewed me without so much as a “hey by the way in two days we’re charging your card $60” courtesy email. I liked Alison though, this is a shame.

Reactions: MoeBartoli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad