Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I'm the opposite....the team that kicks my team out, I want to see get DESTROYED.

In most cases I would agree, but now that we have this streak going with the Pens, Capitals, and Bruins, I think it would be cool for it to continue with the Lightning.

Plus I am hoping for more NBC games. Having the Lightning make the finals makes them more attractive to NBC and due to our recent playoff history, maybe a
Lightning - CBJ game gets on national tv.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
In most cases I would agree, but now that we have this streak going with the Pens, Capitals, and Bruins, I think it would be cool for it to continue with the Lightning.

Plus I am hoping for more NBC games. Having the Lightning make the finals makes them more attractive to NBC and due to our recent playoff history, maybe a

CBJ, aka, the real ECF.

Reactions: cslebn

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

The only way the CBJ are getting on NBCSN is if we play Pittsburgh or Tampa. (sigh)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Are the Euro leagues starting on time? I'm fine with our players playing meaningful games as long as they're able to come back when training camp starts in November or whenever.

Their leagues are starting now, yes.

I honestly wouldn't mind if players like Bemstrom went and stayed over there for the whole regular season. As long as he's getting 18+ minutes it's good for him. I just want him reserved for our playoffs in case we need him in the lineup then.

Reactions: stevo61

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I heard alot of players contacted teams in Europe to join them but with an NHL out clause. Also Jarmo wanted certain players going to Europe so they can keep developing/not have them doing nothing until training camp. Let's just hope noone gets injured.

Posted this in the prospect thread but I'll post it here as well. From The Athletic from a couple of weeks ago.

If general manager Jarmo Kekäläinen gets his wish, several Blue Jackets players will be back playing hockey again as soon as next month — but not in Columbus and not for the Blue Jackets.
Before the Blue Jackets even left the bubble in Toronto, Kekäläinen began having conversations with players in which he urged them to consider starting the 2020-21 season overseas and not wait for the NHL’s tentative December start.
He expects to speak with several more players about it this week when he and his staff continue their player exit interviews, he told The Athletic.
“We’re going to look into all of that with our prospects and roster players,” Kekäläinen said. “If you don’t play … we had some guys that didn’t get into the lineup (in Toronto), so they haven’t played since March 12.
“Let’s say we start in December. That’s nine months. You cannot take nine months off from hockey, I don’t care what you do off the ice for training or on the ice for training. You have to play games where you can be in a competitive environment and improve and play games and develop the right way.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Looks like a Liiga team had a COVID-19 breakout. That's slightly concerning since the Jackets just loaned 3 players to that league.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wonder if CBJ lets Grigorenko start the season in Russia otherwise he’d be without hockey for 8 months
I don't believe there is any sort of transfer agreement that would allow that. I could be wrong but the NHL doesn't have the same agreement with the KHL that they have with other European leagues.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don't believe there is any sort of transfer agreement that would allow that. I could be wrong but the NHL doesn't have the same agreement with the KHL that they have with other European leagues.
There’s a number of Russian players loaned to KHL already, they might be two way contracts though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad