Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll probably continue with The Athletic as I enjoy Porty and also read articles from the other cities as well as Buckeye news. But letting Alison go was a huge blow to the coverage and leaves TA little margin for retaining my readership (e.g. money).

Reactions: Viqsi

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Some of these votes???? Chara, Letang, Weber???? What year are we in?

I think the top 3 vote getters were the top 3 this year. Dougie Hamilton was up there, too, until his injury. Playoff Seth Jones > pre-injury regular season Seth Jones this year. I can’t complain about 14th place with the injury. It is cool that Werenski was top 10, but it confirms that this is an offensive award.

Reactions: Fro and MoeBartoli

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Some of these votes???? Chara, Letang, Weber???? What year are we in?

I think the top 3 vote getters were the top 3 this year. Dougie Hamilton was up there, too, until his injury. Playoff Seth Jones > pre-injury regular season Seth Jones this year. I can’t complain about 14th place with the injury. It is cool that Werenski was top 10, but it confirms that this is an offensive award.
Those are likely homer votes

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Google Translate

The league team KalPa announces on its website that its loan player Alexandre Texier has returned from Kuopio to France. The background is a serious illness in the player's close circle.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With the surge in COVID-19 cases in Europe following their re-openings, my concern is that some CBJ players who are looking to maintain form by playing abroad while the NHL goes on hiatus could contract the virus and then miss training camp and opening night.

The safest option would be to stay at home and engage in social distancing but that's not conducive to player development. Then again, neither is contracting COVID.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With the surge in COVID-19 cases in Europe following their re-openings, my concern is that some CBJ players who are looking to maintain form by playing abroad while the NHL goes on hiatus could contract the virus and then miss training camp and opening night.

The safest option would be to stay at home and engage in social distancing but that's not conducive to player development. Then again, neither is contracting COVID.

Yeah that's the scary thing. Even assuming there is no lung scarring for young athletes, we really don't know the long term effects. A lot of viruses have sneaky stuff that pops up years later (HPV, HIV, shingles, etc...) What if it takes five years and then causes some terrible inflammatory problem?

Virus stats out of Russia are not accurately reported. SKA (Marchenko and Askarov's team) has all seemed to have it. Finland is also seeing an uptick, maybe not so safe anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad