Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Wennberg might be playing with Panarin and Bjorkstrand tomorrow.

Torts interview said he needs to get AW playing with people who don’t play dump and chase.

Duclair to stay with PLD and cam?

Might as well try it out. Duclair looked pretty good offensively with Cam and Luc last game. Maybe it’ll kickstart Bjorkstrand, too.

Reactions: major major

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wennberg might be playing with Panarin and Bjorkstrand tomorrow.

Torts interview said he needs to get AW playing with people who don’t play dump and chase.

Duclair to stay with PLD and cam?
I've actually been thinking that this might be a fun line to try for awhile. Panarin and Wennberg might conflict too much since they both play pass first, but I'd like to try it. If anyone can fire in some nice passes, its Bjork.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I've actually been thinking that this might be a fun line to try for awhile. Panarin and Wennberg might conflict too much since they both play pass first, but I'd like to try it. If anyone can fire in some nice passes, its Bjork.
I think Panarin adapts to be what his line needs, he has proven to be able to score and be a playmaker. I like the thought of having 2 lines like that and giving Bjorkstrand a real chance. Im sure it wont last long but Andy would be a good option with Panarin-Wennberg aswell

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think Panarin adapts to be what his line needs, he has proven to be able to score and be a playmaker. I like the thought of having 2 lines like that and giving Bjorkstrand a real chance. Im sure it wont last long but Andy would be a good option with Panarin-Wennberg aswell

He adapts for sure. Hard to score goals if no one gives you a pass.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
...someone who scored 43 goals for another team the next year?
Hahahah boom roasted!

In all seriousness, I think Panarin will bring out Bjorkstrand’s play making ability and it will also force Wennberg to shoot, if there is a wide open net he’s going to be forced to. If Wennberg starts scoring and gets confidence who knows what happens? (Maybe he has a goal scoring bonus too?)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hopefully his trade value increases enough that we can trade him for a return that can improve the team in some sort of way.
This attitude bothers me - the implication that Wennberg can never be a useful player for the Jackets and that we must move him. I can presently see value in moving him, to be sure, but that doesn't make it an absolute requirement. Learn to adapt, y'all.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This attitude bothers me - the implication that Wennberg can never be a useful player for the Jackets and that we must move him. I can presently see value in moving him, to be sure, but that doesn't make it an absolute requirement. Learn to adapt, y'all.

He's been "useful". Dishing out assists on a very hot and efficient powerplay. Your attitude that the team couldn't get a MORE USEFUL player or be better without Wennberg is what bothers me. Quite frankly I don't know what your attachment to him is. And yes he would have to SHOW usefulness to the CBJ before another team would be willing to move anything WORTH THE CBJ'S TIME, for him. You would say his improved play is the reason NOT to move him.

Trades and movement happen.

Tell me why Wennberg isn't the most obvious choice to be moved for the team to get a "shake up" or packaged with other assets for a legitimate upgrade from a "rebuilding" team.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He's been "useful". Dishing out assists on a very hot and efficient powerplay. Your attitude that the team couldn't get a MORE USEFUL player or be better without Wennberg is what bothers me.
...have you looked at the Trade Ideas Discussion Thread at all?

EDIT: Ah, I see you just posted in there about twenty minutes ago, and again just now. I recommend looking on the first page.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
...have you looked at the Trade Ideas Discussion Thread at all?

EDIT: Ah, I see you just posted in there about twenty minutes ago, and again just now. I recommend looking on the first page.

What's the point?

Even if its an upgrade that you couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge, you would say, "I don't see the upgrade, value, or point for the CBJ".

If it was an upgrade you couldn't deny, you would say, "why would this team downgrade"?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What's the point?

Even if its an upgrade that you couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge, you would say, "I don't see the upgrade, value, or point for the CBJ".

If it was an upgrade you couldn't deny, you would say, "why would this team downgrade"?
For someone who got rather testy with me w/r/t putting words in your mouth not too long ago, you sure seem eager to put words in mine. And if you don't see any point in reading what I have to say, then don't come back at me with whatever nonsense you've got in your head about me. I'll answer to criticisms of what I say, but not criticisms of fabricated caricatures.

Here's a hint - my second post in that thread involves my creating a TR&FA thread about just the sort of possibility you're right here swearing up and down I would never do. Just because I want to allow for the possibility of Wennberg eventually not having to be traded doesn't mean that I'm completely against the idea or am unwilling to consider possible upgrade paths. I just don't think it's a fait accompli or an Inevitable Necessity.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wennberg is my least favorite player on the team. If he'd listen to his coaches and shoot the puck when he has the opportunity, he could be my favorite. Until then, his position could be upgraded.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wennberg is my least favorite player on the team. If he'd listen to his coaches and shoot the puck when he has the opportunity, he could be my favorite. Until then, his position could be upgraded.

If he did that, he'd surpass PLD with you??!

I'll always appreciate PLD more, partially because of his 'hot head' attitude he's had this season, LOL

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Just stumbled across the fact that Alexandre Picard had 2 assists in 67 NHL games with CBJ. Perhaps the captain of the "All WTH" team...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Artemi is currently second only to Kucherov in 5v5 scoring rate. The Jackets incompetent powerplay is the one thing stopping him from a 100 pt season. Though I must say he isn't always helping the PP as much as he should.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I hope the Jackets go for a rental with a guy like Eric Staal or Kevin Hayes. In my opinion, the team is really solid in every other aspect. With a center upgrade they wouldn't be favorites over a team like the Lightning, but they'd have a good chance (30%+) against anyone. Time to go for it.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Artemi is currently second only to Kucherov in 5v5 scoring rate. The Jackets incompetent powerplay is the one thing stopping him from a 100 pt season. Though I must say he isn't always helping the PP as much as he should.
That is definitely true but he also usually is the one carrying the puck into the zone and he gets guarded tightly. If we had a left handed shooting threat opposite him I think it would help.

Maybe Werenski on the half boards with Jones at point? Or Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad