Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ooh boy. I can't wait to see if/where Stenlund gets used. I want to see his puck skills and shot on the PP. I doubt Torts will trust him with as much ice time as he gave Robinson.
1st feeling - cartwheel! the second thought - oh man he's going to play next to Nash and 6 minutes total.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Woodchuck's reports are accurate, I am excited to see a Monster 4th liner in the lineup.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Today's article in the Columbus Fishwrap details how the team has basically been injury free, but that trend was ....... ummm ....unsustainable.

So now that a couple injuries have occurred, the team has reached down to the Cleveland Monsters. So far this month, Eric Robinson and Kevin Stenlund have gotten opportunities to draw in. Soon it could be Kole Sherwood's turn. The fact that Robinson and Stenlund have not looked out of place tells me that Jarmo and this regime has done a good job acquiring and developing talent. I will readily admit they are not Wayne Gretzky, but they don't look lost. Either Coach Tortorella is lying to be polite or he sees something in their game that can be useful and grow. Lying to be polite is hard to find on Coach's resume.

I'm excited about the potential roles these guys can acheive in the next year or so. This also tells me that Milano has officially been passed on the depth chart. Also, Mark Letestu might only get one ceremonial skate around Nationwide only after a playoff spot has been clinched.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Today's article in the Columbus Fishwrap details how the team has basically been injury free, but that trend was ....... ummm ....unsustainable.

So now that a couple injuries have occurred, the team has reached down to the Cleveland Monsters. So far this month, Eric Robinson and Kevin Stenlund have gotten opportunities to draw in. Soon it could be Kole Sherwood's turn. The fact that Robinson and Stenlund have not looked out of place tells me that Jarmo and this regime has done a good job acquiring and developing talent. I will readily admit they are not Wayne Gretzky, but they don't look lost. Either Coach Tortorella is lying to be polite or he sees something in their game that can be useful and grow. Lying to be polite is hard to find on Coach's resume.

I'm excited about the potential roles these guys can acheive in the next year or so. This also tells me that Milano has officially been passed on the depth chart. Also, Mark Letestu might only get one ceremonial skate around Nationwide only after a playoff spot has been clinched.

Sonny Milano is also injured at this point in time for the Cleveland Monsters.

Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Interestingly, I swear I was going to come on here and make a comment about how it was nice that you could read Portzline's Dispatch articles and that it sucks that The Athletic is behind a 'paywall'..

Nevermind now.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Interestingly, I swear I was going to come on here and make a comment about how it was nice that you could read Portzline's Dispatch articles and that it sucks that The Athletic is behind a 'paywall'..

Nevermind now.

I miss when Puckrakers was semi-worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad