Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We've heard Milano requested a trade. His agent won't comment and CBJ have vehemently denied it. But it wouldn't surprise me if he actually had.

-Portzline's narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't see this anywhere, and didn't know where to post it. But according to Portzline in the recent Q&A, Sonny Milano has requested a trade.

Full quote for transparency

We've been told that Milano has requested a trade, but his agent won't comment on it and the Blue Jackets vehemently deny it. So we'll take them at their word.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Full quote for transparency

Additionally in regards to Milano,

I still get the sense, when I watch him play, that he's playing from his own sheets of music, that he's playing a different song than the rest of the band. Frankly, I wouldn't surprised if he had asked for a trade. But I don't know a single NHL franchise where that works. He's a gifted player, no doubt.

Reactions: CPTN71

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
On the Blue Jackets' decision to protect Josh Anderson in...

Anderson asked Tortorella for a more hands-on approach because he noticed his game having too many ups and downs. It’s a move very few players have made in Tortorella’s 18-year run as an NHL head coach.

“He admitted to himself that he needs more help and he needs more push,” Tortorella said. “I have a tremendous amount of respect for a player like that.

“It wasn’t ‘Come scream at me,’ It was just reminders. Once a week I’ll go to him after he plays a couple of good games and say, ‘OK, that’s done. Let’s have a good practice and be ready to go for the next game. You can be better.’

“There are some games where he struggles and you say, ‘Put it away, get ready for the next one.’ It’s not a meeting in my office. Sometimes it’s just skating by at practice and saying, ‘Josh, be ready to go tomorrow night.’ Those little reminders help, and I respect him for coming to me and presenting that to me.”

Anderson said he hasn’t forgotten the Blue Jackets’ decision to protect him in the expansion draft.

“It’s always in the back of my mind,” he said. “I’m here for a reason. They did a lot to protect me, so I owe it back to them to develop as a player and give it all I have every game.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Torts helping a young player acknowledge what he could work on and that player being receptive to such ideas and actually essentially being the 1 to initiate the interaction because he wasn't intimidated by Torts??

This is the type of openness and direction you guys want? Accountability!?

Fire Torts.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Torts helping a young player acknowledge what he could work on and that player being receptive to such ideas and actually essentially being the 1 to initiate the interaction because he wasn't intimidated by Torts??

This is the type of openness and direction you guys want? Accountability!?

Fire Torts.

I'm confused, last year you did nothing but hate on Anderson after the contract situation. Now you like him?

Reactions: GoJackets1

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm confused, last year you did nothing but hate on Anderson after the contract situation. Now you like him?

If I like the color 'blue', can I also like the color 'green', while at the same time not like the color 'red'?

You (and others) seem to get so stuck on some of the most empty and simplistic terms. "Hate on Anderson"/"Like him"...?? Completely ignoring the context of my comment and what I was clearly getting at. We have had people claiming ALL TYPES of things about Torts in regards to some of the young players and how Torts supposedly has a negative affect on them and subsequently the team. This pretty much goes DIRECTLY AGAINST that, and since I know Anderson IS a "fan favorite" of sorts, I just find it interesting that he and Torts are having this type of interaction and yet Milano being in the AHL is supposedly proof that Torts isn't good for the team.

Give me Torts and Anderson on the CBJ all day. Unless homeboy is trying to 'hold out' for some contract he's not worth. Again, no player is bigger than the team. I know you'll jump on this because its not a "Bob is better than Korpisalo" post, BUT, do you see the DIFFERENCE between how a player like Anderson and Wennberg/Milano plays the game? Again, somebody can jump in with the 20 years/no playoffs thing, but (like mentioned in the behind the scenes draft videos of Dubois) Anderson is a CBJ type player.

But, I'm also not gonna jump up and down and claim he is a 30--40 goal power forward, and overexaggerate just how good of a player he is, like some of our fans have in the past. He is a 30 goal scorer the same way Jenner is.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is the real-kicker:

"
The Athletic did a (highly) unscientific and anonymous survey of NHL types — front office, coaches, scouts, national media, etc. — asking them the same question: “Not taking into consideration the rosters or contracts, would you trade Josh Anderson for William Karlsson?”
Twenty-nine people were contacted, 23 responded. Fifteen said they would not trade Anderson for Karlsson, and eight said they would.
From the pro-Karlsson camp: “Karlsson is the real deal. He’s proven in Vegas that he has the speed and skill and a 200-foot game.”
From the pro-Anderson camp: “That’s a ton of goals from a guy who can fight Chara.”
- end quote -

It's a tough question to answer. Conventionally it should be Karlsson preferred, but if you trade away Anderson you won't ever get what he brings again.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This is the real-kicker:

From the pro-Karlsson camp: “Karlsson is the real deal. He’s proven in Vegas that he has the speed and skill and a 200-foot game.”
From the pro-Anderson camp: “That’s a ton of goals from a guy who can fight Chara.”
- end quote -

It's a tough question to answer. Conventionally it should be Karlsson preferred, but if you trade away Anderson you won't ever get what he brings again.

Where does Wennberg fit in this?

Honestly.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If I like the color 'blue', can I also like the color 'green', while at the same time not like the color 'red'?

You (and others) seem to get so stuck on some of the most empty and simplistic terms. "Hate on Anderson"/"Like him"...?? Completely ignoring the context of my comment and what I was clearly getting at. We have had people claiming ALL TYPES of things about Torts in regards to some of the young players and how Torts supposedly has a negative affect on them and subsequently the team. This pretty much goes DIRECTLY AGAINST that, and since I know Anderson IS a "fan favorite" of sorts, I just find it interesting that he and Torts are having this type of interaction and yet Milano being in the AHL is supposedly proof that Torts isn't good for the team.

Give me Torts and Anderson on the CBJ all day. Unless homeboy is trying to 'hold out' for some contract he's not worth. Again, no player is bigger than the team. I know you'll jump on this because its not a "Bob is better than Korpisalo" post, BUT, do you see the DIFFERENCE between how a player like Anderson and Wennberg/Milano plays the game? Again, somebody can jump in with the 20 years/no playoffs thing, but (like mentioned in the behind the scenes draft videos of Dubois) Anderson is a CBJ type player.

But, I'm also not gonna jump up and down and claim he is a 30--40 goal power forward, and overexaggerate just how good of a player he is, like some of our fans have in the past. He is a 30 goal scorer the same way Jenner is.

Just pointing out how your narrative on Andy has changed over the last calendar year. Remember when the CBJ struggled after he came back from his knee injury last year and you wondered if she should be scratched for the playoffs? Good times.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just pointing out how your narrative on Andy has changed over the last calendar year. Remember when the CBJ struggled after he came back from his knee injury last year and you wondered if she should be scratched for the playoffs? Good times.

And I'm just pointing out that my narrative on Andy hasn't changed in any way. Anderson has been overhyped by some people the same way Wennberg was at one time. Either way, my point here is mainly about Torts and his supposed affect on the younger players, I'm just using Anderson as "proof" that maybe the players that have "issues" with Torts might be the issue, NOT Torts.

And no, I don't remember "wondering" if he should be scratched for the playoffs. I do remember arguing with you and saying that the team WOULD make the playoffs.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
And I'm just pointing out that my narrative on Andy hasn't changed in any way. Anderson has been overhyped by some people the same way Wennberg was at one time. Either way, my point here is mainly about Torts and his supposed affect on the younger players, I'm just using Anderson as "proof" that maybe the players that have "issues" with Torts might be the issue, NOT Torts.

And no, I don't remember "wondering" if he should be scratched for the playoffs. I do remember arguing with you and saying that the team WOULD make the playoffs.

Both conversations happened.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
This is the real-kicker:

"
The Athletic did a (highly) unscientific and anonymous survey of NHL types — front office, coaches, scouts, national media, etc. — asking them the same question: “Not taking into consideration the rosters or contracts, would you trade Josh Anderson for William Karlsson?”
Twenty-nine people were contacted, 23 responded. Fifteen said they would not trade Anderson for Karlsson, and eight said they would.
- end quote -

That's a great quote about fighting Chara

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad