Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
If he blew his ACL he should be good to go for opening day next year. Damn, tough blow for him and the team. Hope Diaz is ready by April 30..

Anyone got some news on Diaz' progression? We need him back pretty bad now. He'd be a definite upgrade on Drewiske and Beaulieu (even if they have been fine0

Habtchum*

Anyone got some news on Diaz' progression? We need him back pretty bad now. He'd be a definite upgrade on Drewiske and Beaulieu (even if they have been fine0

Hopefully he will be back to play few regular season's games to get back in game shape.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.

Latest is from Stubbsy yesterday:

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 20 h
Encouraging email received today from #Habs @diaz_raphael_61, who continues to feel better & better. 4,479 Twitter followers & counting

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
That depends. He has to wait for his charlie horse to heal before they send him in for surgery. For a normal human, it's 6 months until you can get back to sports. For an athlete, it can probably be 4.5-5 months. He'll most definitely miss training camp IMO.

You're right, forgot about the charlie hose healing. With the other crap around the ACL it could be late Oct-Nov til Emelin is fully 100 percent. Skating 6 months ACL tear isn't that bad of a feeling, it's fine and you can go all out, but with contact in the pro's etc it's better to be 100%... anyways at least we know what this thread will look like in Oct. Is Emelin back yet? Is Emelin back? Poor guy man he is such a great player, really developing into a huge part of the D. I enjoyed watching him play and develop, to be continued next year I guess..

EDIT: Good news on Diaz though! Would be nice to have him as Markov's partner.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Some other fan made a comment that it wouldn't be the Habs without our annual Russian knee injury. Kinda funny, if borderline poor taste. Anyway, let's hope Emelin has a straighter and quicker and more solid path to recovery than Markov.

As to Diaz, I'm really hoping he can get at least two or three games in before the playoffs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Latest is from Stubbsy yesterday:

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 20 h
Encouraging email received today from #Habs @diaz_raphael_61, who continues to feel better & better. 4,479 Twitter followers & counting

Two and a half weeks until playoffs start, hopefully he can get back in a week and a half and get a few games under his belt before playoff time.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 8m

Diaz est à la ligne bleue avec Josh Gorges. / Diaz is paired with Josh Gorges.

Hmm, wonder if he plays tonight?

noiro

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
How is Prust's shoulder? I think he should sit a few and heal it so he can be 100% for the playoffs. Play White instead!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
WILL HE PLAY?

I'm pumped right now!

imma make a crap load of hashtags

#CUP#RAFA#HUMBRE#DATASS#HAPPYRAFA#HAPPYB1P#HAPPYFAN#CRAP#SCREWYOUBOZAK#SC2013#LOVEYOUDIAZ#STUDNUMBER2

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Just personal speculation, I don't think Diaz will play tonight. We've already clinched, these games are essentially meaningless...why rush him? Let him get another practice or two in first.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Just personal speculation, I don't think Diaz will play tonight. We've already clinched, these games are essentially meaningless...why rush him? Let him get another practice or two in first.

Earliest I'd expect him would be Thursday vs. Tampa, doubt they'd rush him back vs. Philly and doubt they'd want him playing back to back games.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I think management still wants to place 2nd and avoid the leafs in the POs. Two blowout wins means something. Facing the islanders or Rangers would be a much better matchup... Therrien and Bergy are surely aware

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 8m

Diaz est à la ligne bleue avec Josh Gorges. / Diaz is paired with Josh Gorges.

Hmm, wonder if he plays tonight?

It would be encouraging, but I would be hesitant to play him against a team that has nothing to lose and boasts Hartnell, Simmonds, and Rinaldo.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Prust officially not playing tonight. Hopefully it's nothing too serious...

Habtchum*

I think management still wants to place 2nd and avoid the leafs in the POs. Two blowout wins means something. Facing the islanders or Rangers would be a much better matchup... Therrien and Bergy are surely aware

I think exactly the same. They gonna give it all to win the Division and avoid TO in a 1st very emotional round. But in which extent a d-man who just lost almost two months of action gonna help ?

Habtchum*

Prust officially not playing tonight. Hopefully it's nothing too serious...

The guy was certainly not 100% when he came back a couple of weeks ago. He's got heart, no doubt, but this shoulder injury could bother him for a while - maybe even a surgery in the off season.

That is why it was so important for Bergevin to move at trade deadline and get one or two big mean bodies to play on the bottom line.

The habs have as much difficulties getting or drafting big gritty players than the Flyers have problems getting a goaltender.

Last edited by a moderator:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The guy was certainly not 100% when he came back a couple of weeks ago. He's got heart, no doubt, but this shoulder injury could bother him for a while - maybe even a surgery in the off season.

That is why it was so important for Bergevin to move at trade deadline and get one or two big mean bodies to play on the bottom line.

We have the ALMIGHTY Travis Moen, we don't need anybody else...........

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I hate that Bergevin didn't bring any help to Prust in the toughness departement and Moen-White for being softies.

Prust was forced to fight even with bad shoulder.

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad