Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Latest Updates:
Ryder - upper body - DTD - out vs. Pens
Prust - shoulder - will play Wed, will not play Thurs (precautionary)
Diaz - concussion - full practice w/team Apr 15 - will not play this week
Armstrong - knee - IR - injured reserve as of Apr 1, will likely miss remainder of regular season
Emelin - knee - IR - torn ligament, out for the season

Ryder:
Michael Ryder is sidelined with an upper-body injury and won’t play. He’s listed as day-to-day.

(HockeyInsideout.com)

Prust:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1 min

Brandon Prust jouera le match de mercredi, mais devrait rater la rencontre de jeudi par mesure de précaution. #canadiens #RDS

> Wtf man. I just don't...understand?
[Prust will play Wednesday, but will miss Thursday's game as a precautionary measure.]

Quant à Brandon Prust, il n'occupait pas un poste régulier sur les quatre premiers trios. Ce dernier a encaissé un solide coup à l'épaule gauche lors du dernier match.

[As for Brandon Prust, he was not in his regular position on the forward lines [at practice]. He took a solid hit to his left shoulder in the last game.]

Diaz:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 21 s

Raphael Diaz won't play this week. #canadiens #RDS

> Nooooooooooooo.

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 8m

Diaz est à la ligne bleue avec Josh Gorges. / Diaz is paired with Josh Gorges.

Le défenseur Raphaël Diaz, qui se remet d'une commotion cérébrale, était de l'entraînement matinal avec ses coéquipiers. -RDS

[Diaz, coming back from a concussion, took part in the morning practice with his teammates.]

Armstrong:
Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs
Not good news for #Habs Armstrong, Therrien saying he hopes injured winger will be ready for the playoffs. Right knee injured Monday

Marc Antoine Godin @ MAGodin 5m
Colby Armstrong's name was placed on the injured list. / / Colby Armstrong put on IR.

Emelin:
TSN said:
Montreal Canadiens defenceman Alexei Emelin's season is over.

The club announced Monday that the 26-year-old suffered a torn ligament in his left knee and will not be able to finish the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Thanks for this thread. Dropped by here a couple days ago looking for updates but wasn't able to find any.

Edit: see the old thread now. Really didn't look hard enough I guess lol.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Has there been any updates on Diaz or Bourque? Seems to me no one has mentioned either of them in a while.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Has there been any updates on Diaz or Bourque? Seems to me no one has mentioned either of them in a while.

To my knowledge, they have to wait a set amount of days before making any further diagnoses.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Sucks...both guys were having "break out" years in their own way. Diaz was establishing himself as a top 4 calibre d-man and Bourque was re-establishing himself as a PF and net presence. I really liked him on Plekanec's wing.

Habtchum*

Sucks...both guys were having "break out" years in their own way. Diaz was establishing himself as a top 4 calibre d-man and Bourque was re-establishing himself as a PF and net presence. I really liked him on Plekanec's wing.

These concussions injury are the worst. You never really know when the guy is gonna be back, and IF and WHEN it can strike back.

PM Bouchard in Minny lost two seasons, and Savard in Boston has to retitre. That,s a shame seing two good players like that being sidelined. Crosby was on the edge of quitting too.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Man, I really hope Diaz and Bourque get well soon. Sucks to lose two players who have been awesome for us to concussion.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin
Rene Bourque et Raphael Diaz ont pris du mieux au cours des trois derniers jours. Diaz espère patiner la semaine prochaine.

Basically says that Bourque and Diaz are feeling better in the last few days, and that Diaz hopes to be skating next week.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Rene Bourque et Raphael Diaz ont pris du mieux au cours des trois derniers jours. Diaz espère patiner la semaine prochaine.

Basically says that Bourque and Diaz are feeling better in the last few days, and that Diaz hopes to be skating next week.

Well that's some good news. No need rushing either back

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz have improved over the last three-four days. Not totally symptom-free though. Diaz hopes to skate next week.

The bolded part is what really matters...until they are 100% symptom free, they could be weeks away.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Want both of these guys back in the lineup but If I had to choose one its Bourque. Plek needs him and Ryder would benefit from Bourque's speed and strength sucking in defenders on the rush and in the corners for the dirty work. That being said, Diaz would be a huge boost to the back end.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Want both of these guys back in the lineup but If I had to choose one its Bourque. Plek needs him and Ryder would benefit from Bourque's speed and strength sucking in defenders on the rush and in the corners for the dirty work. That being said, Diaz would be a huge boost to the back end.

I think both Diaz offensive out put and solid defensive play would be more welcomed, we haven't had problem scoring since Bourque has been hurt. It's getting puck out of our net and out of our zone that have been the problem, Diaz was great at both.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
MAG on twitter:

Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz have improved over the last three-four days. Not totally symptom-free though. Diaz hopes to skate next week.

DDIHH

Oct 28, 2005
So Weber got hurt tonight.

...anyone...?

*crickets*

Eric Stall bruised his ego in the 2nd and the coaches speech shattered what was remaining of his confidence during the intermission :sarcasm:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
What's really tough about concussions is that there's no timetable. When someone breaks their arm we know it's 4-6 weeks, and we have updates on their condition. When it's a concussion the only updates we have are "he's not symptom free" or "he's feeling better". It's frustrating for us so imagine how frustrating it is for them. Physically they're fine (well mostly) but their head prevent them from playing.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
What's really tough about concussions is that there's no timetable. When someone breaks their arm we know it's 4-6 weeks, and we have updates on their condition. When it's a concussion the only updates we have are "he's not symptom free" or "he's feeling better". It's frustrating for us so imagine how frustrating it is for them. Physically they're fine (well mostly) but their head prevent them from playing.

As someone who has suffered multiple concussions, it is definitely frustrating. You can wake up in the morning and feel great, head out to the gym to work out and suddenly you start to feel dizzy and get the feeling that you need to throw up. It sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad