Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I hate that Bergevin didn't bring any help to Prust in the toughness departement and Moen-White for being softies.

Prust was forced to fight even with bad shoulder.

:facepalm:

Moen and White need to go unless they get their **** together. It's embarrassing.

No update on Armydog, right?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Moen and White need to go unless they get their **** together. It's embarrassing.

No update on Armydog, right?

White was playing very well since he came back from injury, he looks so much better on the wing.. Moen has been embarrassing for most the year though. Starting to wonder if that concussion he got last year is effecting him, he hasn't looked this bad since he signed with us.

For Armstrong last I saw was he should be back for the playoffs.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I thought Moen had been better for a while, but he's been less involved again recently. I think he might just be broken down.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I said having one tough guy will get the guy killed, but MB didn't listen to the deadline, I am pretty much always right, I really should get a chance to work with a team

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I said having one tough guy will get the guy killed, but MB didn't listen to the deadline, I am pretty much always right, I really should get a chance to work with a team

My rec team is looking for a new player/coach. I'd offer you the job but you aren't qualified. Good luck getting that NHL position though. I'm sure you're exactly what everyone is looking for.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I think he means the Finley fight. Which he missed a game or two, but the major injury was definitely when he rammed the boards at full speed.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
White has been neutered by management. For shame.

Yes, telling him to stop costing games by taking stupid penalties was REALLY a bad move.. If the guy can't tell when is the time to go after someone, he shouldn't be going after anybody.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I hate that Bergevin didn't bring any help to Prust in the toughness departement and Moen-White for being softies.

Prust was forced to fight even with bad shoulder.

:facepalm:
Bergevin paid 2.5M/year for Prust when 'everyone' thought he was crazy. I have little doubts about him looking to add more grit, he's just smart about it and not willing to overpay asset wise. Wouldn't be surprised if the Habs 'overpay' for another 'Prust' type this summer. Giving up 0.5-1.0M more > giving up 2nd/1st round picks.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Bergevin paid 2.5M/year for Prust when 'everyone' thought he was crazy. I have little doubts about him looking to add more grit, he's just smart about it and not willing to overpay asset wise. Wouldn't be surprised if the Habs 'overpay' for another 'Prust' type this summer. Giving up 0.5-1.0M more > giving up 2nd/1st round picks.

That's how I see it. Grinders are the type of players that don't last in the league as long (given the nature of the style they must employ), so over paying them comes as a benefit since they won't be around to cash paychecks for 15-20 years like other players.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Yes, telling him to stop costing games by taking stupid penalties was REALLY a bad move.. If the guy can't tell when is the time to go after someone, he shouldn't be going after anybody.

16-3-5 with White in the lineup. I am not saying that he is the reason we win but to say he cost us games, as in plural, I would say is false. One game, maybe 2. With points in 21 of 24 games he played in this season, I don't like the stigma that he is a costly player.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
He got injured by hitting the boards...

does having more than 1 tough guy soften the boards up?
Not sure fighting against Kaleta helped a lot.
Kaleta was miced.
I remember Kaleta asking Prust: Which shoulder is it?

Commentators seemed to think that Kaleta was trying to avoid injuring him.
Not so sure about the ethics of Kaleta.:sarcasm:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
16-3-5 with White in the lineup. I am not saying that he is the reason we win but to say he cost us games, as in plural, I would say is false. One game, maybe 2. With points in 21 of 24 games he played in this season, I don't like the stigma that he is a costly player.

Maybe you should go back to MT's press conference. He said something along those lines when White return from being scratch:

After the 1st time, we talked to him, the second time we scratched him, he best understand..

So, MT was sharing my POV saying that White cost the team two games.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Not sure fighting against Kaleta helped a lot.
Kaleta was miced.
I remember Kaleta asking Prust: Which shoulder is it?

Commentators seemed to think that Kaleta was trying to avoid injuring him.
Not so sure about the ethics of Kaleta.:sarcasm:

It was again Rinaldo, not Kaleta........

Useless Moen need to do something tonight. Same for White. Those 2 are useless if they don't play like they are suppose to. USELESS like Armstrong

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
It was again Rinaldo, not Kaleta........

Useless Moen need to do something tonight. Same for White. Those 2 are useless if they don't play like they are suppose to. USELESS like Armstrong

If the playoff were next week and everyone was healthy i would play Armstrong in Moen spot without thinking twice.... Moen is not helping this team for 1.85M.....

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Funnily enough, Laraque was criticized here (''has to send a fax to players for fights'') all the time because he didn't drop his gloves to destroy opponents after they did anything dirty, or hitting our best guys. I mean, almost everybody on this board just wanted Laraque to run after Lucic and just pound his face away. When other posters pointed out that we'd get penalized, most said they didn't care.
White does it this year, gets the extra penalty time, our PK players were pretty mediocre, allowed the goal, and so White becomes the scapegoat.

I have no problem with what White did. That's what everybody wanted here, for our guys to stick up for one another regardless of how many minutes in the box it would cost us.

Maybe you should go back to MT's press conference. He said something along those lines when White return from being scratch:

After the 1st time, we talked to him, the second time we scratched him, he best understand..

Actually all that means is that Therrien gave White directives twice, and he didn't get it, and so this is his last chance basically.

It doesn't mean he's blaming White for the defeats.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Well the game against Buffalo, he took a double minor and they scored to make it 4-3 and they scored again with one second left to tie it.

Sure White gave them momentum since they scored on the PP, but let's not act like he scored in his own net.

I much prefered the White that might of made a mistake but at least played on the edge. Right now he is neither here nor there.

Again, like I said, he may of cost us a game or two, but the way you wrote your post, you make it sound like all he does is put us in a position to lose, which is not the case. 16-3-5 with him in the lineup, that is impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad