Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not sure if this as been posted but the Emelin hit on Lucic reminded me of this;

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167X7PjO6oo
watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167X7PjO6oo

Last edited:

Jebiker852

Feb 2, 2013
No, this is a gross exaggeration of maybe one or two posts that were instantly criticized/wishful thinking on your part.

As a fanbase, hating your fanbase's tactics, we have exhibited a surprisingly polar view vis a vis wishing actual injury and death to your players. We wish far more that they would keep their hypocritical mouths shut, stop blaming everyone else when they fail and not being disgusting cheapshotters on the ice (not to mention your captain being the head of the dive team after all your embellishment accusations).

i was in and posted in the threads re: Bergeron's concussion. Even Horton's. You or some other bruin fan in this thread claimed they couldn't find any malicious posts because "they must have been deleted"

#bruinfangoggles

You guys have serious mental issues if you were to do a cursory comparison of similar threads on each board. Please read most of the comments here, including Arpon Basu stating that it was an accident even though although it was, who does that when being checked? Accident fine, but a little hard to swallow when the big man can't take a check. Either way, I'm reading most people NOT blaming Lucic and wishing your actual dirtbag whiners were more like him.

Clearly its only ok to bash other teams in the Habs forum! How do Bruins fans have mental issues? We dont cry everytime one of our players is checked or falls or is sneezed on by another's team player! It is getting pathetic that everytime a hab is hurt by the bruins that it needs to be looked at by the police or a suspension should come down. Emelin ran into a freight train plan and simple! Its hockey not soccer maybe you should invest in an indoor soccer team if you cant handle a sport with contact.

See ya in the playoffs and goodluck with the rest of your season!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So did Emelin tear his ACL? MCL? Is he going to be back for the beginning of next season?

We're going to miss him. He's our only consistent hitter, and brings size and grit to our d-unit. Just once I'd like for us to go into the playoffs healthy, or at least know we're going to get players back for the 1st rd. It never happens. I can't believe how unlucky we've been every time we've made the playoffs for like that last 10+ years.

Jebiker852

Feb 2, 2013
I dont wish injuries on other players but hearing that the Habs community thinks it Lucis's fault is foolish.

Emelin thought it would be a good idea to try to hit Lucic

In other news, Kim Jong-un thinks its a good idea to nuke the USA!

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I dont wish injuries on other players but hearing that the Habs community thinks it Lucis's fault is foolish.

No fault of Lucic, just bad luck. That said, Bruins create their own mess by complaining that all teams are dirty and dive except for them. Hence the funny embellishment videos. that Edwards dude is mentally challenged.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

The big difference is Emelin picks on guys his own size, not somebody 15 feet tall and 600lbs. :laugh:

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
well im happy to have Drewiski, and i think he can take on a larger role, so it should be interesting to see how this plays out.

i'm all for letting beaulieu get some games in but i still don't understand why we can give another chance to weber.

i know he is probably done with the habs organization, but at least give him a shot to prove his worth and maybe boost his off season trade value.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

Oh come on, it was an accident most Hab fans know it. You make Lucic sound like he is indestructible, Emelin just got caught in the more compromising position. Next time it might be Lucic looking at the arena lights seeing stars.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Lucic stuck his knee out and caught Emelin above his knee. Not saying it was dirty, but thats what happened. TSN is trying to spin it like Emelin got crushed by Lucic or something. They mention nothing about the knee or how it happened. Cherry seen it and commented on it that another Bruin used to do that to protect himself.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Lucic stuck his knee out and caught Emelin above his knee. Not saying it was dirty, but thats what happened. TSN is trying to spin it like Emelin got scrushed by Lucic or something. They mention nothing about the knee or how it happened. Cherry seen it and commented on it that another Bruin used to do that to protect himself.

TSN also said Iginla was a Bruin! :laugh:

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Hell of a player, that Emelin, and I must say, he gives off the vibe of being a really decent guy as well. I truly feel bad for him.

Your team has a lot of cylinders firing this season, however, and I suspect you'll find ways to compensate for the loss.... unfortunately. ;)

Anyhow, here's wishing Alexei a speedy and full recovery.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Clearly its only ok to bash other teams in the Habs forum! How do Bruins fans have mental issues? We dont cry everytime one of our players is checked or falls or is sneezed on by another's team player! It is getting pathetic that everytime a hab is hurt by the bruins that it needs to be looked at by the police or a suspension should come down. Emelin ran into a freight train plan and simple! Its hockey not soccer maybe you should invest in an indoor soccer team if you cant handle a sport with contact.

You're digging a bigger gap in your perception and what the reality is on these boards.

You're creating a false caricature of Habs fans (which we already know you bruins fans and media do), and if you're not already aware, your organization and fanbase is now pretty much known for its gross hypocrisy when it comes to whining, complaining and embellishment. You just make noise. Biggest examples of brats and bullies who can't take what they dish. All you do these days is cry about stuff. So your post is actually a caricature of a typical bruin fan (although I've even a lot worse).

Just to be clear, Emelin IS a freight train who ran into a very solid player who would have absorbed a hard hit that they both would have survived just fine from. For whatever reason (I'm not Eugene Melnyk), Lucic pulled his leg up as if someone was gonna hit him in the nuts and that's what caused the hit to result in injury. It's nobody's fault, but it's not that Lucic is a freight train that caused it, it's that he shielded himself with raising his knee into Emelin's leg. Not implying it was dirty, just trying to get it out of your head that it was anything to do with Lucic being tough. We know he certainly doesn't want to be in the way of a Subban walloping, so give me a break with the how tough he is. Gally takes bigger hits 10 times a game.

Again, huge disparity between our reaction to things and yours. Can't handle a sport with contact? How does that comment make any sense in light of what happened? Why do bruins whine about it when they get hit and then call other's pssys when they...oh wait, nobody here is at ALL complaining about contact. Barely anyone is blaming Lucic. You are coming here to defend a nothingness. Is it your guilty conscience? Do YOU think Lucic was unsportsmanlike cuz if it weer the other way around, you'd be complaining? Are YOU the ones who react when your own player gets hit and injured? Savard, Horton, Bergeron's first concussion?

911 us? Gimme a break. Do the league a favour and join Claude next time he wants to improve the game and make sure it gets rid of the exact things that sports channels ridicule bruins for doing.

Would have been nice if Lucic had not done what just seems like a weird way to brace for a hit (with your leg?), but it happened and he probably didn't mean it. Sucks for us, but there are threads already talking about how to handle the loss, not whining about it. Emelin is a HUGE loss to us IMO and not just for his hitting. I would any day rather play the fully healthy Bruins and see who comes up on top. You're gonna get Bergeron back, so good for you. Pens will get Crosby back, good for them. We won't get Emelin back, but that's already an internal problem and Therrien/Bergevin to my knowledge have not said a single bad word about Lucic.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Bruins fans don't have mental issues. What they have are intelligent, mature people who have the misfortune to be stuck on the same bandwagon as the morons who come up with excuse after excuse after each loss, laugh at injured players and send racist tweets.

I often read the Bruins board because I like the guys (and women) in the former group. One measured response from them carries more weight than all the childish, idiotic insults put together. It's a shame your fan base has to dragged into trailer-trash territory with the latter group, the one that creates a thread celebrating a season-ending injury to a player, and tries to justify it by hiding behind yet another excuse ("It would have been a dirty hit!").

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hell of a player, that Emelin, and I must say, he gives off the vibe of being a really decent guy as well. I truly feel bad for him.

Your team has a lot of cylinders firing this season, however, and I suspect you'll find ways to compensate for the loss.... unfortunately. ;)

Anyhow, here's wishing Alexei a speedy and full recovery.

Appreciate it. And following the vibe of my last post, thanks for being among the people who understand where a sports rivalry ends and real life begins.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Appreciate it. And following the vibe of my last post, thanks for being among the people who understand where a sports rivalry ends and real life begins.

Sorry to hear about Emelin. Good, hard nosed player. I'd take him on the B'a any day!

The Bruins fan base is really not as neanderthal as you might think. Unfortunately every fan based has idiots that make the other 98% look bad... It kinda sucks.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Lucic stuck his knee out and caught Emelin above his knee. Not saying it was dirty, but thats what happened. TSN is trying to spin it like Emelin got crushed by Lucic or something. They mention nothing about the knee or how it happened. Cherry seen it and commented on it that another Bruin used to do that to protect himself.

Actually he said that about John Ferguson who played for the habs. Its sad to see Emelin out Im a bruin fan and appreciate the way he hits, for a russian its impressive. I showed my kid videos of him hitting to see how its done.

Problem is that the habs lately have a reputation for making those kinda step up hi light hits like Subban does. So teams are aware of that now and take a look up. That's what happened or the bruin bench yelled at Lucic the last second and its a natural instinct to cover up your middle every guy does that. He is not Jackie Chan come ppl he is slow big guy and not that coordinated to pull that off in 1 second. Young dee eventually learn that those hits can backfire and are not worth it, Emelin will be back next year wiser and better.

Bon Chance

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sorry to hear about Emelin. Good, hard nosed player. I'd take him on the B'a any day!

The Bruins fan base is really not as neanderthal as you might think. Unfortunately every fan based has idiots that make the other 98% look bad... It kinda sucks.
Every fan base has ya-hoos, correct!!

Habs and Bruins on a course for another spring playoffs...it's all good!!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
So did Emelin tear his ACL? MCL? Is he going to be back for the beginning of next season?

We're going to miss him. He's our only consistent hitter, and brings size and grit to our d-unit. Just once I'd like for us to go into the playoffs healthy, or at least know we're going to get players back for the 1st rd. It never happens. I can't believe how unlucky we've been every time we've made the playoffs for like that last 10+ years.

No team goes into the playoffs healthy. Every team is missing a key player, or a key player is playing hurt. Get used to it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Best news I've heard in a while.

If he and Beaulieu play, it might be the best puck-moving defence in the NHL. Think about it.

If he plays Beaulieu gets dropped back to AHL, or at the very least won't be dressed.
We're not scratching one of Markov-PK-Gorges-Diaz-Drew-Bouillon for Beaulieu, and we're not playing with 7 Dmen.

Next year is another story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad