Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

void

Jan 5, 2006
Besides being a bit of a ******, what "mental issues" does Beaulieu have?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We're missing Emelin like we would have missed any regular D out there. We have to play both Beaulieu and Drewiske, that's where we fail. Has nothing to do with Emelin as with the fact that we have 2 injuries in our top-6 d-men.

We were fine without Diaz and before PK came back it was Diaz that was probably our best D. I would not play Beaulieu, we don't need him, we already have enough offensive D, Tinordi would be better as a replacement for Emelin, much steadier and less flashy of course than Beaulieu but more of what we need right now. How can management not see that?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Halpern is a very good defensive forwards too. He gets 700K per year. See the difference?

Moen is overpaid a bit because he had a big year last year before UFA, MT gives him less ice time, mostly because we have less injuries up front. Some people obsess over him not playing like a chicken with his head cut off and trying to flatten everybody. I'd prefer him playing with a bit more of an edge, but I don't find he is playing THAT bad. He is well above average defensively, kills penalities and willing to drop the gloves, plus will chip in a few goals.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We were fine without Diaz and before PK came back it was Diaz that was probably our best D. I would not play Beaulieu, we don't need him, we already have enough offensive D, Tinordi would be better as a replacement for Emelin, much steadier and less flashy of course than Beaulieu but more of what we need right now. How can management not see that?

Still, we were missing only 1 regular D at the time. Missing 2 at the same time is too much.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Moen is overpaid a bit because he had a big year last year before UFA, MT gives him less ice time, mostly because we have less injuries up front. Some people obsess over him not playing like a chicken with his head cut off and trying to flatten everybody. I'd prefer him playing with a bit more of an edge, but I don't find he is playing THAT bad. He is well above average defensively, kills penalities and willing to drop the gloves, plus will chip in a few goals.

The difference between Moen and Halpern in salary is brought because of Moen's physical play and ability to answer back. Which he's not doing this year.

As for chipping in offensively, Armstrong has more point than he does this season.

Moen is the less intense bottom-6 physical player I've ever seen this year.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The difference between Moen and Halpern in salary is brought because of Moen's physical play and ability to answer back. Which he's not doing this year.

As for chipping in offensively, Armstrong has more point than he does this season.

If he shows up in the playoffs nobody will remember that his offense and physical game is down.

He is more physical than Armstrong for one.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

wrong, they are equal

idk

Jan 11, 2012
You know what'd be nice? If we had some depth at the forward position in case some of our guys get hurt. Too bad this didn't occur to MB before the deadline....

pine*

You know what'd be nice? If we had some depth at the forward position in case some of our guys get hurt. Too bad this didn't occur to MB before the deadline....

Makes me lol. We have depth.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Okay, easy there. He's played like 5 pro games.

In context, I was just commenting on how he seems to not even care (which has been a knock on him, but I had never seen it). Lackadaisical and with no urgency last game, really pissed me off when I look at the other two rookies. Lots of talent, but Ellis seems to have the tools and the focus. Too bad we didn't have time to fit him in. Still think Tinordi should be up with the team.

Name those players?....

Ryder when playing well is hard to replace, but last game, he wasn't any better than Bourque.

pine*

Yeah - Blunden is a really great replacement for Ryder. A Beaulieu has done wonderful filling in for Emelin.

We got Bourque back, a top 6 player. Ryder is currently on the third line and will be replaced by Prust, a legit 3rd liner. Blunden is decent 4th liner.

And you were referring to offensive depth.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
White
Blunden
Weber
Kaberle

Not quality depth.

Not sure I understand this...was MB supposed to trade for a 30 goal scorer, sit him in the stands in case Ryder got injured?

Was he supposed to trade for a #4 dman in case Emelin got injured and sit him in the stands in anticipation Emelin was out for the year?

Depth is having NHL caliber players who can step in and fill out rosters in case of injuries...it doesn't mean you can have a fascimile of any player who might be injured on your team

That's ridiculous...The Habs do have depth, but some injuries are nearly impossible to cover for.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
We got Bourque back, a top 6 player. Ryder is currently on the third line and will be replaced by Prust, a legit 3rd liner. Blunden is decent 4th liner.

Here's how I see it - our forwards are (in no particular order): Plekanec, Bourque, Gionta, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk, Ryder, Armstrong, White, Prust, Halpern, Moen. That's 14 guys so it gives us a little depth to work with, but considering we had two of those out at the trade deadline (Bouruqe with his concussion, White with an ankle injury) that means we actually had no depth available. Yes - we have Blunden and Dumont in Hamilton and yes both can contribute. But they can't really do much more than sheltered fourth line minutes right now.

Now, a couple weeks later, we see the real problems coming to light. Ryder is injured. Prust is injured (he will not be replacing Ryder tonight, at least as far as the info in this thread goes). Armstrong is injured. White is suspended. Where's that depth? Where's the scoring talent to replace Ryder? Dumont or Blunden? Doesn't inspire confidence whatsoever.

And you were referring to offensive depth.

Alright - I'll cop to that. I was speaking about offensive depth. But I feel the same way about our blueline. Something could've been done to hedge against injury. Drewiskie, when we were already down Diaz, was nowhere near enough. But those second rounders will help us in four years time.

The only bright side I see to the blueline is that we are still carrying Kaberle. We might never play him, but I think MB takes the risk of him getting injured if we need it in the playoffs. We don't even have that kind of depth at forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad