Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Sick! gimme source! gimme!

No report from Renaud Lavoie...... Where did you find it Kostitsyn?

This can't be true.... the best insider in Montreal would known about this aka Gaston Therrien.

Last edited:

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
He skated before the guys.

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 4 h
Raphael Diaz a patiné avant ses coéquipiers ce matin. // Diaz skated on his own prior to team's morning skate.

But info on him maybe travelling with team and practicing friday is true.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He skated before the guys.

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 4 h
Raphael Diaz a patiné avant ses coéquipiers ce matin. // Diaz skated on his own prior to team's morning skate.

But info on him maybe travelling with team and practicing friday is true.

I saw on twitter that Mathias Brunet asked the question of whether he'll travel...not sure if it was just asking a general question or if it was based on some knowledge

Either way...he's getting closer. Let's hope the symptoms don't apear again

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
By the end of the season, Bourque and Diaz should have a few games under their belts and will have recovered their timing. Great news. Diaz's return means another strong puck-moving D, which still leaves our D undersized without Emelin. I'm okay going into the playoffs with who we have, but we'll likely need Tinordi's size at some point. I hope he gets in a few games in the next two weeks.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Diaz shouldn't travel with the team, Bourque said he skated hard 4 days in a row then traveled with the team and that's when he started getting symptoms again, said he got tired from the travel and also answered i'm not sure to a question about if the plane ride affected him.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Having Diaz healthy would be great for the playoffs. I don't like having any of Bouillon, Drewiskie or Beaulieu/Tinordi/Weber/Kaberle/Pateryn in the top 4.

What a great depth at 5-6 though.

EDIT: Forgot St-Denis, too.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Having Diaz healthy would be great for the playoffs. I don't like having any of Bouillon, Drewiskie or Beaulieu/Tinordi/Weber/Kaberle/Pateryn in the top 4.

What a great depth at 5-6 though.

EDIT: Forgot St-Denis, too.
I think MTL has pretty much ended their relationship with St-Denis. Too much young d talent. Only way he plays if we get serious injury issues.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I think MTL has pretty much ended their relationship with St-Denis. Too much young d talent. Only way he plays if we get serious injury issues.
I guess. Too bad, because from what I saw, he could be a stop-gap 6th/7th D pretty much anywhere. Kind of Drewiskie but with a different style. +1 with a terrible team.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

really hope he stays with us in hamilton, though. perfect veteran leader for the kids down there. The new (smaller) henry.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
I have my inside sources re: Emelin's injury:

1) Complete tear of the ACL
2) Complete tear of the MCL and distal tear of the MCL
3) Thigh and quad charley horse
4) No damage to the meniscus

No damage to the meniscus is good as it means that he can go back to harder rehab quicker, but they have to wait for the charley horse to heal before he can go for the repair of the ACL. They believe that the MCL will repair on its own during the charley horse healing time.

Ouch.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I have my inside sources re: Emelin's injury:

1) Complete tear of the ACL
2) Complete tear of the MCL and distal tear of the MCL
3) Thigh and quad charley horse
4) No damage to the meniscus

No damage to the meniscus is good as it means that he can go back to harder rehab quicker, but they have to wait for the charley horse to heal before he can go for the repair of the ACL. They believe that the MCL will repair on its own during the charley horse healing time.

Ouch.

Thanks for that. The look on his face when he went down told the whole story. Didn't realize the story was this long. (plural tears in one knee)

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Apparently the initial impact only did part of the damage. When he fell on it and it twisted more, the rest came.

Well it's clear the impact is what caused the charlie horse. Now because he had a charlie horse, his leg probably locked up and when he went down he could do nothing to lower the potential of tearing with an awkward fall.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
If he blew his ACL he should be good to go for opening day next year. Damn, tough blow for him and the team. Hope Diaz is ready by April 30..
That depends. He has to wait for his charlie horse to heal before they send him in for surgery. For a normal human, it's 6 months until you can get back to sports. For an athlete, it can probably be 4.5-5 months. He'll most definitely miss training camp IMO.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's a blow no doubt but it doesn't of itself doom the Habs' chances. They can still win, as they did against the Bruins in the game in which Emelin was injured. However, we have to recognize that some teams are better than the Habs even at full strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad