Injury Report: Injury Talk 6.0: Ryder out vs. Pens (DTD, upper body), Prust & Diaz also out

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
If the playoff were next week and everyone was healthy i would play Armstrong in Moen spot without thinking twice.... Moen is not helping this team for 1.85M.....

both are useless but I take Moen over Armstong easy

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Funnily enough, Laraque was criticized here (''has to send a fax to players for fights'') all the time because he didn't drop his gloves to destroy opponents after they did anything dirty, or hitting our best guys. I mean, almost everybody on this board just wanted Laraque to run after Lucic and just pound his face away. When other posters pointed out that we'd get penalized, most said they didn't care.
White does it this year, gets the extra penalty time, our PK players were pretty mediocre, allowed the goal, and so White becomes the scapegoat.

I have no problem with what White did. That's what everybody wanted here, for our guys to stick up for one another regardless of how many minutes in the box it would cost us.

The problem with what White did is that he did it for nothing.

If Ott had just run Price or cheap shotted Gallagher or Galchenyuk, I'm sure MT would have backed him...but he went after Ott because Ott got under his skin. Laraque did nothing when AK was elbowed in the head by Sauer. He did nothing against Lucic when there were many blowout games where he could have taken an extra 2 or 4 and not hurt the team.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If the playoff were next week and everyone was healthy i would play Armstrong in Moen spot without thinking twice.... Moen is not helping this team for 1.85M.....

Moen is one of our better defensive forwards, that's one way he helps the team. His line with Halpern is very good at cycling down low and keeping the play in the opposing zone. They are a very good 4th line.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Well the game against Buffalo, he took a double minor and they scored to make it 4-3 and they scored again with one second left to tie it.

Sure White gave them momentum since they scored on the PP, but let's not act like he scored in his own net.

I much prefered the White that might of made a mistake but at least played on the edge. Right now he is neither here nor there.

Again, like I said, he may of cost us a game or two, but the way you wrote your post, you make it sound like all he does is put us in a position to lose, which is not the case. 16-3-5 with him in the lineup, that is impressive.
The first minor should not have been called, it was Phillips holding White's stick who should have got 2 minutes.

The second penalty was because White complained. This is probably the one that made Therrien upset.

In hindsight, White should have left his stick with Phillips.
What happens if you leave your stick with another player?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well the game against Buffalo, he took a double minor and they scored to make it 4-3 and they scored again with one second left to tie it.

Sure White gave them momentum since they scored on the PP, but let's not act like he scored in his own net.

I much prefered the White that might of made a mistake but at least played on the edge. Right now he is neither here nor there.

Again, like I said, he may of cost us a game or two, but the way you wrote your post, you make it sound like all he does is put us in a position to lose, which is not the case. 16-3-5 with him in the lineup, that is impressive.

careful with that logic, we have a decent record with all the players actually part of the team. Even with Moen and Armstrong...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The first minor should not have been called, it was Phillips holding White's stick who should have got 2 minutes.

The second penalty was because White complained. This is probably the one that made Therrien upset.

In hindsight, White should have left his stick with Phillips.
What happens if you leave your stick with another player?

Was that it, I didn't recall the exact sequence of events, only that he did get 4 minutes.

If a player is holding 2 sticks, it's a penalty since you are only allowed to have 1.

careful with that logic, we have a decent record with all the players actually part of the team. Even with Moen and Armstrong...

Well White did sit out a lot of games. And the ones he did play, they won a lot more often than not. The only thing I was alluding to is that he didn't cost us many games, maybe 1.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Was that it, I didn't recall the exact sequence of events, only that he did get 4 minutes.

If a player is holding 2 sticks, it's a penalty since you are only allowed to have 1.

Well White did sit out a lot of games. And the ones he did play, they won a lot more often than not. The only thing I was alluding to is that he didn't cost us many games, maybe 1.
Phillips was in front of the Sens bench and White's stick was between Phillips and the board.

Phillips stood there while White was trying to get his stick to go back to the bench.

As he started to push Phillips around to recover his stick, he got a roughing penalty.
The other one was Unsportsmanlike so I guess he complained too much to the referee.

White is not without blame but it is easier to blame a 4th liner than a 1st liner.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1 min

Brandon Prust jouera le match de mercredi, mais devrait rater la rencontre de jeudi par mesure de précaution. #canadiens #RDS

> Wtf man. I just don't...understand?

Habtchum*

Brandon Prust jouera le match de mercredi, mais devrait rater la rencontre de jeudi par mesure de précaution. #canadiens #RDS

Weird. Maybe they want to test him before making a big decision in his case...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The game against Buffalo, he was blamed.
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/il-est-mieux-de-comprendre-1.581284

Pretty obvious that he blames White, without being explicit.

He says White put the team in hot water, or trouble, not that he's the reason for the loss.
At the end of the day, we gave up one goal in back to back penalty kills.
We were still up 4-3 at this point, Buffalo scored with 2 seconds left and it had nothing to do with White, nor was it on him that we lost in Shootouts.

The problem with what White did is that he did it for nothing.

If Ott had just run Price or cheap shotted Gallagher or Galchenyuk, I'm sure MT would have backed him...but he went after Ott because Ott got under his skin. Laraque did nothing when AK was elbowed in the head by Sauer. He did nothing against Lucic when there were many blowout games where he could have taken an extra 2 or 4 and not hurt the team.

Well White did that versus Florida when Fleischman hit Gorges from behind against the board.
That was considered his first strike as Therrien said he'll have to talk to him about it.
We were up 4-1 at the time.

Ott was being his pesty self all game, going after our guys. He tries to throw a low hip check to White, he suckers him into getting roughing penalties. Refs were a little severe giving White two roughing calls, especially knowing it's Steve Ott.
We were up by 2 goals, allowed one, and held the lead until there was 2 seconds left in the game. That was in no way White's fault. We lost in SO after, with White on the bench since the mid way through the third.

So, I'm not so sure Therrien would have acted all that differently if White did this after a player gets run over. Actually, as I pointed out with Fleischman, he was warned for it despite his action being warranted, and us winning.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Probably mis-typed the days. Makes no sense.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Moen is one of our better defensive forwards, that's one way he helps the team. His line with Halpern is very good at cycling down low and keeping the play in the opposing zone. They are a very good 4th line.

This is actually very true, despite Moen not doing anything in the big hit dept. He did try with Simmonds even if it was late. Simmonds could have dropped them, so it's not like he's afraid. Then again, his whole concussion thing. I don't know how to feel about that cuz on the one hand, these things can mess up your life, I've dealt with similar. On the other hand, shouldn't have signed a contract if he wasnt willing to do EVERYTHING for the team. I doubt Bergy saw his disclaimer about the third line.

In three years:

Emelin - Subban
Beaulieu - Diaz
Tinordi - Gorges

This scares me if Beaulieu doesn't fix his mental issues since he's essentially replacing Markov. It could honestly be Ellis if things don't progress for NB.

Yeah seriously I do not understand. They even confirmed that Prust is playing on Wed during the game, so it's not a mix up. What freakin sense does it make and also -- Prust is clearly hurt. I don't mind resting him Wed as well. Put Dumont in for him, seriously. Let Prust recover more, not hurt one game plays injured every other.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Halpern is a very good defensive forwards too. He gets 700K per year. See the difference?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You guys don't understand why they want Prust to rest for the playoffs? You are the best. The guy is playing with a bummed shoulder, and he has to fight monsters like McLaren and protect his linemates/teammates night in and night out, because Moen is too clueless to do anything to help him. Oh, but don't let that get in the way of your "Prust is injured because of bad luck" agenda...

Seriously. It's about protecting your assets at some point. I'm not frustrated to see that kind of approach. At some point, I hope Markov will get some resting too.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
we miss Emelin big time!!

I said this from day one and people here basically were down playing Emelins value. There is more to hockey than statistics. He was Markovs partner and Markov himself said last night how valuable Emelin is to him. People here need to realize how much these guys trust each other and adapt to each others style to form effective D pairings. The defence is knocked down right now and it is trying to figure out a way to recover. It does not help matters when your franchise goalie is shaking like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I said this from day one and people here basically were down playing Emelins value. There is more to hockey than statistics. He was Markovs partner and Markov himself said last night how valuable Emelin is to him. People here need to realize how much these guys trust each other and adapt to each others style to form effective D pairings. The defence is knocked down right now and it is trying to figure out a way to recover. It does not help matters when your franchise goalie is shaking like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

We're missing Emelin like we would have missed any regular D out there. We have to play both Beaulieu and Drewiske, that's where we fail. Has nothing to do with Emelin as with the fact that we have 2 injuries in our top-6 d-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->