Injury Report: Injury Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay, now with the Calvert concussion I'm ready to join the anti-medical staff mob. For G-d's sake. This is the high-priority injury type that everybody's obsessed about, and they didn't check after symptoms showed up? It's not like concussion protocols are overly expensive or take a long time... :facepalm:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
A sore neck is literally a symptom of a concussion. And they didn't bother to test him for at least a week.

Just to play devil's advocate, it's not difficult to evade a concussion test by simply not being truthful. Guy comes in with a sore neck, he gets asked the basic questions, he lies in his answers, and his neck gets treated.

Does nobody remember this from the playoffs:
James Wisniewski said:
My head didn’t feel great in Game 6. I said my back hurt so I didn’t have to do the 20-minute protocol and go through that whole concussion process. I didn’t feel like going in and talking to the doctors for 20 minutes.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Just to play devil's advocate, it's not difficult to evade a concussion test by simply not being truthful. Guy comes in with a sore neck, he gets asked the basic questions, he lies in his answers, and his neck gets treated.

Does nobody remember this from the playoffs:

Depending on the severity of the concussion. You can't lie through a bad one.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
image.png

Edit: Removed video, I forgot how much swearing there is in that speech :laugh:

Also, If we don't get some sort of reward (read: Mcdavid) after this season then I'm going to lose it and start setting things on fire Viqsi style. :madfire:

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I'll always remember where I was the day I found out a Blue Jacket was injured. It's easy. It was a Tuesday. And a Wednesday. And a Friday. And another Tuesday. And then a Saturday. Then a two-for-one Monday.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
at least bob is activated now?

God love Bob, but why don't those on the IR just shut it down for the year? The players have to know that the season is done, so if your Bob, Jenner, Murray, Dubi, Calvert, etc. Why not shut it down for the year and get a jump on strength and condition for next season?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Because people still have purchased tickets for the remaining games. Myself, I don't care. I am pretty much beaten down and dejected by what this year has become. The rest of the games do not mean much to me except that they are chances for more injuries.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Any updates on Dubinsky?

Usually for concussions they get about a week off from any on ice stuff...then see how he feels. I assume that's what's going on now?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 1m1 minute ago
Brandon Dubinsky (concussion) is doing light activity and progressing, per Richards. Matt Calvert not progressing as well. #CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad