Injury Report: Injury Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Why not just let them sit. No rush at this point. Dubi will only help the team, same with Murray. Might as well give them as much time as possible.

Murray and Jenner both need to play. They are losing development time regardless of where the team sits in the standings. If they are healthy enough to play, play them. As for Dubi, I don't think you can keep him out once he's healthy. he wouldn't allow it.

Personally, I know we want a high draft pick but looking at the standings I don't see any way of dropping further than 6th OA. Win some games. It's what I paid money for and I want a team to give effort and win regardless of draft pick. The only way to get a winning culture is to, well... win! Young players need to play at the speed of the NHL and what better time when teams ratchet it up for the playoffs? Get them back playing in my opinion. All of them. What do we really have on this team?

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
Murray and Jenner both need to play. They are losing development time regardless of where the team sits in the standings. If they are healthy enough to play, play them. As for Dubi, I don't think you can keep him out once he's healthy. he wouldn't allow it.

Personally, I know we want a high draft pick but looking at the standings I don't see any way of dropping further than 6th OA. Win some games. It's what I paid money for and I want a team to give effort and win regardless of draft pick. The only way to get a winning culture is to, well... win! Young players need to play at the speed of the NHL and what better time when teams ratchet it up for the playoffs? Get them back playing in my opinion. All of them. What do we really have on this team?

Currently we sit at 5th worst so we already dropped past 6th;) also we are only 1 point behind the hurricanes for 4th....

I hate losing but after losing 7 straight I don't see us winning many more games until we get Murray, Jenner, Calvert, and Dubi all back in the lineup. The only team truly tanking harder than us at the moment is AZ who was lost TEN IN A ROW.

thebus2288*

It was brought up before Monday by posters on here, but how bad would that look on the FO if that shot Wiz blocked on Sunday, broke his foot?

Pretty effin stupid

Why would that bother anyone at this point?

Yeah wait... So you guys would then be "mad" because we got a good return for trading an "injured" player? You guys really were emotionally invested in Wiz eh, jesus. He gets "props" for making it hard to move him and negatively affect the return, and now some want to continue to attack the FO for potentially trading an "injured" player.

At least Wiz now has his excuse for why he's gonna **** it up in the playoffs.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Yeah wait... So you guys would then be "mad" because we got a good return for trading an "injured" player? You guys really were emotionally invested in Wiz eh, jesus. He gets "props" for making it hard to move him and negatively affect the return, and now some want to continue to attack the FO for potentially trading an "injured" player.

The point being that the FO had already said that Wiz was being shopped and if he had been untradeable, well figure it out.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

You have entirely missed the point. But that is not surprising. If you spent at least as much time reading and trying to understand what was being said rather than spouting your repetitive rhetoric you might be better off. I know the rest of us would.

thebus2288*

Ah, my bad. Misunderstood what you were trying to say. That would have been terrible if him getting hurt on the last game possible was the reason he didn't get moved, but I'm not sure you could look at the FO negatively because of it. It would've just been another "fluke" thing that didn't go our way.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Even if Wiz was injured at the time of the trade, is Anaheim going to ask that it get voided?

The Anaheim front office is probably still doubled over laughing about finding someone stupid enough to take Rene Bourque off their hands.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Ah, my bad. Misunderstood what you were trying to say. That would have been terrible if him getting hurt on the last game possible was the reason he didn't get moved, but I'm not sure you could look at the FO negatively because of it. It would've just been another "fluke" thing that didn't go our way.

No, it was something in the team's control. The Oilers sat Petry for exactly this reason. It is not uncommon to sit players to avoid injury. And given our luck with injuries, why they pressed it was beyond me.

To say they were fortunate would be misleading because they pressed ahead with trading a guy with term on his contract at the deadline when they may have received a better return in the offseason when more teams that weren't on his no-trade list had cap space. I'll be interested to see what the Leafs get this off-season for Phaneuf whose contract is a total albatross.

thebus2288*

You have entirely missed the point. But that is not surprising. If you spent at least as much time reading and trying to understand what was being said rather than spouting your repetitive rhetoric you might be better off. I know the rest of us would.

I did miss the point. You get a cookie. Hopefully Boll, Atkinson, Savard, Johnson or Anisimov don't "piss" on it.

My "repetitive rhetoric" about Umberger, Wiz and Wennberg is no more repetitive or rhetoric than all the people who continue to claim we're "better off" getting rid of AA to make room for prospects. Or that JJ or Savard are "bad" defensively or make us a worse team. Or that Atkinson doesn't "fit" our style or that he isn't "intense" enough. Or that Boll is a liability and a "waste" of money.

The problem is that a lot of you cant handle, as in the cases of both Umberger and Wiz, actually being wrong. You guys need to lighten up and not take things so damn personal.

Sense of humor is not a strong trait of the CBJ fans on HF...

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I did miss the point. You get a cookie. Hopefully Boll, Atkinson, Savard, Johnson or Anisimov don't "piss" on it.

My "repetitive rhetoric" about Umberger, Wiz and Wennberg is no more repetitive or rhetoric than all the people who continue to claim we're "better off" getting rid of AA to make room for prospects. Or that JJ or Savard are "bad" defensively or make us a worse team. Or that Atkinson doesn't "fit" our style or that he isn't "intense" enough. Or that Boll is a liability and a "waste" of money.

The problem is that a lot of you cant handle, as in the cases of both Umberger and Wiz, actually being wrong. You guys need to lighten up and not take things so damn personal.

Its been a long season man...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
no new news on Dubi I take it? any time table at all or just a day by day thing that could be a week or months

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

You were so wrong, so often, for so long on his offensive abilities that you gave me plenty of chuckles:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the many laughs:laugh:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
With all of the CBJ injury issues this season, how is it that Florida ended up being the team that actually had to dress the goalie coach in an emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad