Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Anyone have a YouTube of the hit? I stopped watching when they went full Oiler.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
How would you even do that to yourself? I'm fairly certain this is the first time I've seen a hockey player suffer this injury.

The picture is actually SHOWING how it occurred. Flamer player got his skate up right into Pitlicks gut after getting pummeled by Pitlick. Just looking at that hurts.

Getting kicked with a skate is usually bad news.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Poor guy, hopefully he has a full recovery, he dished out a couple of big hits last night.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wow that is ridiculous.. he absolutely destroyed Bouma on that play.. so unlucky.

And he played through a lacerated spleen for the rest of the game.. tough kid.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
How would you even do that to yourself? I'm fairly certain this is the first time I've seen a hockey player suffer this injury.

It actually happens quite a bit from blunt force trauma. Doctors will tell you they see a lot of athletes come through with this injury.

I think it might've happened when Bouma tried to hit him in the 3rd... they had a pretty big collision.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
The picture is actually SHOWING how it occurred. Flamer player got his skate up right into Pitlicks gut after getting pummeled

Nah. Lacerated = ruptured. I'm sure it happened in that collision, but he wasn't actually cut. His spleen just split from the impact.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nah. Lacerated = ruptured. I'm sure it happened in that collision, but he wasn't actually cut. His spleen just split from the impact.

WE don't know that. Sometimes a rupture isn't felt for a little while. Could've been from the skate kick into the mid section.

Any Doctors in the crowd? :laugh:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Poor guy, hopefully he has a full recovery, he dished out a couple of big hits last night.

Agreed.

As soon as he starts to get some traction in the NHL he gets injured.

Unfortunately that has been the story for Pitlick so far.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Agreed.

As soon as he starts to get some traction in the NHL he gets injured.

Unfortunately that has been the story for Pitlick so far.

Been the case in the AHL for the most part as well.

This guy is the Forsberg of fourth liners.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
This kid just can't catch a break, unless it's his femur I guess. He had some huge hits last night, this usually happens through blunt force trauma towards the left side of the abdomen. Sometimes a broken rib can cause a laceration as well. The spleen can also rupture spontaneously if you got mono or is pregnant for example. But since this happened during a game and he's unlikely to be pregnant I'd go with blunt force trauma, likely from one of the collisions with Bouma.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
That is really tough... wishing a swift, albeit not rushed recovery. All the best to TP.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Awful luck... he honestly has been snakebit when it comes to injuries ever since he's been in the org.

Could be a player there... but will we ever find out when he's perennially on the IR?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad