Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not saying they're tanking ... but they're tanking, lol.

Though really I wonder what is the benefit of bringing him back this late in the season. If he reaggravates the knee or ankle it could require another 2+ months to fix or even surgery which will mean the entire off-season of training for him is a wash.

If the games actually mattered then yeah I'd bring him back, but at this juncture ... really what's the point I suppose. There's more risk than reward.

I suspect too that he actually does need season ending knee surgery. He just gutted it out and played through pain rather than giving up on the season.

If he did need surgery and they were aware of it they would have done it once he was out due to the ankle injury I'd imagine.

Unless the two injuries would conflict with each other in terms of rehabilitation. Might be you need the ankle healthy before you could do surgery+rehab on the knee.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
FINALLY! Found this today

Let's start with Hall. Hall broke a bone above his ankle on February 2nd against the San Jose Sharks. He saw the doctor within a few days and the diagnosis was that he would be out 4-6 weeks. Six weeks will be next Tuesday, and it looks like Hall will return to the lineup either next Wednesday vs. Columbus or Saturday the 21st vs. Philadelphia.

Hall resumed skating earlier this week I was told and is hoping to practice with the team when they return from their road trip. I spoke to Hall after he was injured and he said at that time he really wanted to get back on the ice, finish the season, and hopefully get an invite to play for Canada at the World Championships.

Barring a setback, it looks like Hall will play between 10-12 games down the stretch. I know some have suggested the Oilers should rest him, but if the doctor gives him a clean bill of health, the Oilers can't sit him out. When we spoke in early February he was adamant he wanted to play, and after sitting out six weeks you can bet he is more anxious than ever to return to the lineup.

I'd guess we see him on the 21st against Philly, but maybe as early as the 18th against Columbus.

In Gregors article today

Pourinthecoal

Jul 13, 2009
Good find, thanks. I was starting to wonder when he'd be back, it'll be good to see how he does with Nelson and the new feel of the team.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Hopefully Nelson doesn't just throw him back with nuge and Eberle. He actually make those two worse when they're all together.

Not sure if the wording is meant as such or just clumsy but Hall doesn't make players worse and on the contrary anybody benefits from playing with him.

Its that the team benefits by spreading the wealth a bit and getting Nuge or Eberle on different lines.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hopefully Nelson doesn't just throw him back with nuge and Eberle. He actually make those two worse when they're all together.

not sure if he makes them worse but splitting them up would be smart just ot spread the offense around.
RNH and Eberle have shown great progress IMO since Nelson took over, so you would think they would stay together.
i am not an oiler fan just like to check in as I watch a lot of sportsnet west and so watch alot of oilers games

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I like how Hall says he's hoping to get an invite for team Canada at the worlds. Would be great for all of Hall, Nuge, Yak, Eberle, Drai, and Jultz to play some meaningful and high intensity games before next season

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
not sure if he makes them worse but splitting them up would be smart just ot spread the offense around.
RNH and Eberle have shown great progress IMO since Nelson took over, so you would think they would stay together.
i am not an oiler fan just like to check in as I watch a lot of sportsnet west and so watch alot of oilers games

I think Hall and Nuge are both better players when they feel like they are the go to guy on the ice to create offense. They have been "The guy" on their teams their whole lives and thrive in that position. Eberle seems like more of a trigger man and great secondary player and I like what Pouliot, Nuge and Eberle do on the ice in the offensive zone lately.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall makes Eberle better.

RNH is kinda in his own world ... sometimes he plays well with certain players, sometimes not.

Last year at this time RNH was playing like crap until he got put back with Hall and Eberle.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hall makes everyone better. It's just a matter of RNH continuing to turn into more of a possession player, which is also what Hall is. If they're both capable of carrying a line possession-wise then there's no good reason to have them out there together at even strength.

Although I don't believe RNH can carry a line by himself yet; that's why Pouliot makes such a difference.

Hall meanwhile has done it on his own.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hall makes everyone better. It's just a matter of RNH continuing to turn into more of a possession player, which is also what Hall is. If they're both capable of carrying a line possession-wise then there's no good reason to have them out there together at even strength.

Although I don't believe RNH can carry a line by himself yet; that's why Pouliot makes such a difference.

Hall meanwhile has done it on his own.

Hopkins play away from the puck seems night and day this year to last IMO. He is a much much better two way centre. Disappointing year for the oilers but the nuge has certainly not under preformed in my eyes

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Hopkins play away from the puck seems night and day this year to last IMO. He is a much much better two way centre. Disappointing year for the oilers but the nuge has certainly not under preformed in my eyes

Last night sure wasn't one of them. Basically stood around on a couple of the goals instead of marking the man out front he was closest to.

he seemed to be pissed off after the ****** first period he had, played well in 2nd, then bad in 3rd again.

Hall makes Eberle and nuge look better.

Offensively Jordan sustains production better without Hall. Nuge more reliant.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers · 2m2 minutes ago
Coach Nelson says @mfraser25 has a concussion from the Kadri hit last night. "We're going to follow the protocol... He's doing well."

Add Fraser-Concussion to the list.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is Fasth any closer to returning to action, or is he done for the year?

I imagine he'll be on IR for the rest of the year. Neither he or the organization wants him back in the net for our club.

11 games left? Scrivens will play 9, Bachman 2.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
I assume a ruptured spleen is something they don't want to rush a player back from. Shutting him down for the year would be prudent.

On the Oilers sight it says 1-2 weeks. He is skating in a yellow jersey during practice. Best for him to just go down to OKC to belp them down the stretch. It is going to tak awhile to get in game shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->