Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If he's not, he should be.

Even though this was his ankle, it's clear his knee still wasn't 100%, just look at his skating.

Shut him down, perhaps let him get a taste of hockey at the world championships, and come back at full strength—after a full summer of training, not rehabbing.

in principle this sounds good but if he's healthy, he's healthy. Nelson should make a judgment on him, and the easy way to tell is if he has his skating speed back. If not, then shut him down. Hall hasn't been full speed all season

There's no playoffs, so Hall will have a lot of off season prep time.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Sucky for Lander. Guy was playing really well then gets injured. :rant:

Hope Petry is healthy soon. I'd like to re-sign him, but if we don't I'd rather get something for him than **** all 'cuz he got injured before the trade deadline.

Edit: Looks like Petry is day to day, so that's good.

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Updates

-Pitlick, Nikitin and Petry all skated today. Petry may play tomorrow, sounds like Pitlick may be up to 3 weeks away as he's targeting the games after their 5 game road trip in March as his return. Hoping to at least travel and practice with the team during that trip though. No real timeline for Nikitin's return yet.

-No update on Lander, which I found curious.

-Yakupov was shut down early today, guess he's nursing something from last game. He will travel with the team, will be a game day decision.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Surprised to hear Pitlick skating already. But I'm no doctor.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Tom Gazzola ✔ @TomGazzola
Spotted Darnell Nurse at Rexall Place. Told he's getting his injured knee checked out by Oilers medical staff. Nothing more.

Definitely sounding more serious that originally thought if the Oilers are stepping in to check on his supposedly minor injury.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
It's been about a month since the San Jose game after the All Star break. Hall's still on his 4-6 timetable, but yeah it's been quiet.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
It happened exactly 5 weeks ago and we haven't heard a word. Is he skating? Is he in a boot?

That is very odd IMO....

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It happened exactly 5 weeks ago and we haven't heard a word. Is he skating? Is he in a boot?

That is very odd IMO....

I'm not saying they're tanking ... but they're tanking, lol.

Though really I wonder what is the benefit of bringing him back this late in the season. If he reaggravates the knee or ankle it could require another 2+ months to fix or even surgery which will mean the entire off-season of training for him is a wash.

If the games actually mattered then yeah I'd bring him back, but at this juncture ... really what's the point I suppose. There's more risk than reward.

I suspect too that he actually does need season ending knee surgery. He just gutted it out and played through pain rather than giving up on the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->