Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
#5 - Mark Fayne - Shoulder. Practiced with team.

*#15 - Tyler Pitlick - Lacerated Spleen suffered in the NYE game against Calgary. Skating with team non contact.

#21 - Andrew Ference - Concussion. Out Indefinitely.

#23 - Matt Hendricks - Back. Day-to-Day

#27 - Boyd Gordon - Back. Day-to-Day

*#35 - Victor Fasth - Definitely the knee. It's... ouch.

#62 - Iiro Pakarinen - Busted his knee falling awkwardly into the boards trying to hit Backes. Out for awhile.

#93 - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Right Foot. Took a shot from Iginla? Was seen in walking boot after CGY game. Nelson said he was 50-50 to play CGY game. Day-to-Day.

---
* Denotes Injured Reserve

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Petry out

- Makes it easy to pencil Nurse in for a few games at the start of the season to see if he's worth holding onto.
- Makes a horrible case for Petry being how he's on a contract year. If he doesn't come back strong he'll be had for cheap next year.

Gazdic

- Since we don't have another enforcer, I really can't figure out who we'd put in the line-up as our 13th forward at this point. My first guess is Lander.

Ference

- If he's out long term, this gets Klefbom some NHL minutes earlier than expected.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 3m
Petry (shoulder) on the ice at #Oilers practice this morning.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
When did Gazdic have his surgery? Just trying to come up with a timeline of when he can be expected back on the roster.

Until then that's an extra spot for a player like Yak2/Nurse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
When did Gazdic have his surgery? Just trying to come up with a timeline of when he can be expected back on the roster.

Until then that's an extra spot for a player like Yak2/Nurse.

BLOG: Shoulder surgery for Gazdic
Monday, 31.03.2014 / 1:15 PM
By Marc Ciampa - edmontonoilers.com / Inside the Oilers
Comment Print E-mail
The Edmonton Oilers announced today that winger Luke Gazdic is undergoing surgery to repair a shoulder injury this week. As a result, he will be out for the next six months.

By my math I don't know that he's missing a lot.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Comment Print E-mail
The Edmonton Oilers announced today that winger Luke Gazdic is undergoing surgery to repair a shoulder injury this week. As a result, he will be out for the next six months.

By my math I don't know that he's missing a lot.

He's basically going to miss then entire season, that's tough for him.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
He's basically going to miss then entire season, that's tough for him.
??? I understood that he was in surgery ~6months ago...

Comment Print E-mail

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If he had the surgery the 1st week of April 2014... 6 months later would be early October.

I haven't seen him at camp or heard anything about his recovery and how it's going... but I assume even if he is on schedule... he'll likely need some time in the AHL for conditioning so that probably takes us into the future at least another month before he's ready to step back into the NHL.

That shoulder obviously takes a lot of abuse with all the clutching and grabbing during fights so he obviously needs to be 100% healed to even think about playing again.

I wonder if the Oilers contemplate signing another goon. I figured Westgarth would just be training camp fodder... but maybe not. Pinizzotto is another option already in the org.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
If he had the surgery the 1st week of April 2014... 6 months later would be early October.

I haven't seen him at camp or heard anything about his recovery and how it's going... but I assume even if he is on schedule... he'll likely need some time in the AHL for conditioning so that probably takes us into the future at least another month before he's ready to step back into the NHL.

That shoulder obviously takes a lot of abuse with all the clutching and grabbing during fights so he obviously needs to be 100% healed to even think about playing again.

I wonder if the Oilers contemplate signing another goon. I figured Westgarth would just be training camp fodder... but maybe not. Pinizzotto is another option already in the org.

Pretty sure they have said he has been skating.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Comment Print E-mail
I think he was hinting at our season being done after 10 games or so.

From what I heard he was on schedule if not even ahead. Condtioning shouldn't be much of an issue at this point, however they could use it as an excuse because of roster limitations early on.

At this point I'd give Pinizzotto the ball to start the year. Plus there is always waiver fodder.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Comment Print E-mail

Thanks JS, but I was just bad a dates, :laugh:

But it's going to be hard for Gazdic to get back because you would think he needs some time to get up to game speed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Seems a little odd they already have a time frame for his recovery but I won't be complaining if it is only 1-2 weeks.. Giving Nurse 9 games makes sense now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wasn't Eakins spouting off last season how he refuses to give out timelines on injuries? Seeing how he gave one for Nikitin, maybe it's not that bad.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Wasn't Eakins spouting off last season how he refuses to give out timelines on injuries? Seeing how he gave one for Nikitin, maybe it's not that bad.

He didn't like to give hard timelines because if I guy comes back early or late people rip the organization and medical staff based on no information they have other then a time line.

It's good news if it's only a week or two, but I think it could be closer to 3, but either way I'm glad it's not serious.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
The word infirmary doesnt sit well with me, it makes me think of field medics and middle school nurses with childrens tylenol and colorful band-aids. Request to change the word please.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Tom Gazzola ‏@TomGazzola 4m4 minutes ago
Nikita Nikitin practicing this morning. Good news on that front.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
@EdmontonOilers

Pouliot (hip flexor) probable for Thursday's #Oilers opener while Nikitin (ankle) skated today and his Thursday status is also TBD.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I haven't heard an update on Perron in a while... anybody know if he's practicing with the team, or still out with an injury?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad