Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
the thing about a MCL sprain, is that he'll be much, much, much less than 100% when he comes back as well... we're already in 2015-16 territory here... lol, all you can do is laugh at this point

as others have said, i somehow doubt we'll be able to finish lower than the sabres, but if the last decade has taught me anything, its this: never underestimate the oilers ability out-suck the rest of the league... additionally, if we finish 29th, then at least we'd have a very good shot at getting one of mcdavid or eichel

That's true... MCL sprains can hinder even the most Wolverine-like healers in terms of even being close to 100% in a short time frame.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m2 minutes ago
Taylor Hall could resume skating as early as Monday; no specific timetable for return until we see how knee handles it. (2/2)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Word today is Hall, who suffered a sprained ligament in his right knee crashing into a goalpost in a 3-2 loss to the Vancouver Canucks Nov. 1, was scheduled to skate at Rexall Place. In addition to that, Oilers Now host Bob Stauffer, who is with the team in Music City, strongly suggested Hall would be back in the line-up as early as Sunday against the Arizona Coyotes.

Potentially good news

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I understand both Hall's and the team's desire to have him back on the ice but Sunday seems like he's being rushed back to me.

I have no medical experience whatsoever so I have to take their word for it but I hope he's not putting himself at risk to reinjure.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't like it. I don't think players should rush back, and the team is playing OK right now. They're not making the freaking playoffs (so why rush?), but they need to learn to play without Hall and they're starting to do that.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
It's a 2-4 week injury. Sunday would be 2 weeks. Last year Hall's knee injury was supposed to keep him out 4 weeks, he came back sooner and there were no problems. You guys are paranoid.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah, I'm like the most paranoid guy on the boards when it comes to hall injuries, but if he comes back on Sunday it would be exactly two weeks. The prognosis was 2-4 weeks, so Sunday wouldn't even constitute coming back early, it would only be on the early side of what was expected.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Combine it with Hall has always come back at the early side of things when a time frame is given, and never seems to have it adversely effect him upon his return.

Could just be he is a fast healer.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Combine it with Hall has always come back at the early side of things when a time frame is given, and never seems to have it adversely effect him upon his return.

Could just be he is a fast healer.

Could be watching Jeff skinner net his 100th goal last might... Hall's coming back on a mission

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
So Pouliot was out for the morning skate. He must be getting very close to returning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad