Injury Report: Infirmary [Nugent-Hopkins Day-To-Day (Foot)]

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Damn, if I Hall is out, I will start cheering for another team. I'd hate to jump ship, but he's the heart and soul. How does one cheer for a living entity that has no heart?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@TSNRyanRishaug
Hall seem leaving building with no brace or crutches. Sounds like some nasty bruising that needs to settle.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
@TSNRyanRishaug
Hall seem leaving building with no brace or crutches. Sounds like some nasty bruising that needs to settle.

That's good to hear, he's got Sunday and Monday to relax and then an extra couple days if they want to give him the Flyers off.

metallicat

Aug 9, 2003
Edson, AB
Visit site
Rishaug from this morning:

Initial reports on Taylor Hall were good last night, but additional testing today will give them more information. Team is optimistic.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 17m17 minutes ago
Early indication is #Oilers Hall injury might be longer than day to day but isn't a serious one. Team will know more today with follow up.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
How did you come up with his shoulder?

Clearly he hit his thigh on that post and probably has a deep bone bruise. But knowing our medical staff, who knows what he'll be diagnosed with.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Hall's the one guy you don't want out of the lineup. The other is RNH as we have no center strength.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Official oilers twitter:

Taylor Hall will remain in Edmonton and be evaluated by the #Oilers medical team.

Oh no...the Oilers medical team?

Nice-Guy-Dr-Nick.jpg

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago
Taylor Hall will be sidelined 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

McDavid come on down

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Season over.

Oh well, at least we get McDavid/Eichel.

Edit. At best he misses ~7 games and at worst he misses ~14 games.

Our next 14 games:

@ Flyers
@ Bruins
@ Sabres
@ Rangers
@ Predators
V Senators
V Coyotes
V Canucks
V Devils
V Blackhawks
@ Stars
@ Predators
@ Blues
V Coyotes

2-12 looks about right.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Season over.

Oh well, at least we get McDavid/Eichel.

Nah I think Buffalo and Carolina still have that on lock, though I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona "miraculously" wins the lottery to get McDavid.

We'll probably pick 4 or 5.

Dylan Strome?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nah I think Buffalo and Carolina still have that on lock, though I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona "miraculously" wins the lottery to get McDavid.

We'll probably pick 4 or 5.

Dylan Strome?

Buffalo will likely finish last. I think the Canes get rolling a bit.

But nobody should ever underestimate the tank masters.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Great we now have an excuse to fail. Other teams lose their top players and manage to keep things together, the oilers now have their guaranteed excuse.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
2-4 weeks pretty much ends our season in november.... well, at least it wasn't ending in october like last year.... just 5 more years and we'll make the playoffs at this rate! yay!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m2 minutes ago
Taylor Hall will be sidelined 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

McDavid come on down

the thing about a MCL sprain, is that he'll be much, much, much less than 100% when he comes back as well... we're already in 2015-16 territory here... lol, all you can do is laugh at this point

as others have said, i somehow doubt we'll be able to finish lower than the sabres, but if the last decade has taught me anything, its this: never underestimate the oilers ability out-suck the rest of the league... additionally, if we finish 29th, then at least we'd have a very good shot at getting one of mcdavid or eichel

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hall missed just over 2 weeks this same time last year with a knee injury.

Injured Oct 19, returned November 7.

Missed 7 games. Team went 2-4-1 during the span.

Now is the time for some of the other players to step up with Hall out. The team has the depth on the wings that they should be able to deal with Hall being out for ~10 games or so.

Yakupov, Eberle, Perron... time for these guys to get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad