Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
But it's all ultimately a trade-off. You don't want to say that out loud. But secretly you know it. If cherry-picking winger scores you 60 goals, he gets a little leeway. For example. It's the greater good.
I would reply the same way to this. There is a happy medium and appropriate times.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="#Preds hashtag on Twitter">#Preds</a> prospect Eeli Tolvanen has 5 goals and 9 points in his last 8 games. He’s tied for the third-most goals for the <a href="Milwaukee Admirals (@mkeadmirals) | Twitter">@mkeadmirals</a> <a href="Michael Gallagher on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/237xjku2F1</a></p>&mdash; Michael Gallagher (@MGsports_) <a href="">December 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Damn I knew Tolvanen didn’t get off to a great start on the stat sheet but I guess I never realized it was 4 points 19 games.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really wonder if part of that start was due to him dealing with the disappointment of not making the roster. Mental stuff like that can be rough for young players, although ultimately good for them if they learn to work through it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals beat Chicago 4-1 on the strength of only playing well in period 1, with 18 SOG versus 5. Saturday, the Ads visit the Wolves.

Salomaki was the third star. Santini was #2 (He is +18 and second in the AHL). Troy Grosenick was the #1 star with 25 saves out of 26 shots.

Sparks was in goal for the Wolves. He didn't play badly, but he didn't play well either. He gave up several rebounds in period 1. The Ads missed 2 or 3 chances at a nearly open net.

Ref Ratings: The refs did a pretty good job again. Andrew Howard, #50 and Alex Normandin #65 both get an 8.

Linesmen: Tyler Gregory, #66, was terrible again. He called 2 offsides on Milwaukee and one on Chicago that clearly were not! He also missed calling one on Chicago when a player had both skates a foot over the blue line before the puck was passed to him. He got in the way of several pucks. He is a big man like Tinordi, but he doesn't try to get out of the way. He gets a 2. At least he didn't have any unfair puck drops this game or it would have been a 1.

I have to wonder if Gregory will have a job next season. He was really bad in the two games that I have seen him work in Milwaukee.

Mike Daltrey, #27, made some good calls. He gets a 7.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I saw a NY Islanders scout during the second intermission on the 400 level concourse on the east side. I believe that he was the same man that I saw a month or so ago in the same location.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I should add that I guess I'm not 100% sure it was a player but I saw a dad take his daughter up to get a picture with him (she had an Admirals hat and a Wolves jersey so I have no idea who she was a fan of) but based on that I can only assume it was a player because he was young and fit and getting his picture taken with a fan and that doesn't happen with scouts or anything like that.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I really wonder if part of that start was due to him dealing with the disappointment of not making the roster. Mental stuff like that can be rough for young players, although ultimately good for them if they learn to work through it.
I wouldn't mind seeing a Tolvanen recall right now, in fact. If he's heating up and confident now, it might be just the right time. While Arvy is still out.

And past that I wouldn't mind taking a look at somebody on D again. Santini had his little look... I'd like to see them do the same with some of the others also. Carrier, Allard, Davies - I don't have any personal preference, although of course it is easiest for us to drop somebody in on RD atm.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Is it bad that I forgot Salomaki had been sent down?

Not at all. We would have had to find another third star of the game.

My favorite part of the game was when Megna, who may the the largest Wolves player and wears an A, slashed Salomaki. Salomaki slashed him right back and didn't back up even one inch. I think that Megna realized that he made a mistake and was about one second from getting punched in his 6'6" face.

Salty, Indeed!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Tolvanen also had a good defensive play yesterday to stop a breakaway on a bad pass. Pass was going for Tolvanen and was picked off, he quickly turned around, cut off the angle and held him off until a defenseman got back to strip the puck.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Richard was playing with Gaudreau tonight. He scored both goals for Milwaukee in a 2-1 win over San Antonio. He was the #1 star tonight.

Milwaukee is 4-0-2-0 in recent games. The Ads lead second place Rockford by 14 points.

Ryan Olsen, #19 for SA, cross checked Olivier twice during a time out with about 1:40 remaining in period 1. The ref, #37, told him to get off the ice. He never came back. No penalty was announced nor is one shown on theAHL.com. It must have been a gamer!

Ref Ratings:
Mitch Dunning, #43, gets a 1 for not calling about 20 penalties that happened 10 to 15 feet in front of him. The worst one was Dauphin was cross checked down to the ice. While he was on all fours in the corner, the same guy returned to the scene of the crime hit him again across the back. No call. I am not sure that he ever called a penalty in the grinding game.

Riley Yerkovic, #37, gets a four, because he actually called 4 or 5 penalties in the game, rather than stealing a paycheck.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Trenin looks ready to me. But if Granlund and/or Arvy are coming back, so much the better. There are a lots of forwards in Milwaukee who have earned a look, so fair enough if Trenin goes back for now and they give Blackwell a bit longer.

Eventually though I'd really like to see some of the D get on this shuttle.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee with a 4-0 win over a Dirty, DIVING, Cleveland team. The Admirals were still firing slappers with 45 seconds remaining because of their disgust with the suck-beyond-belief Monsters. Ingram was sparkling in goal again and he actually got some help from his D corps tonight.

Richard scored the fourth goal of the game through the Five Hole on his bobblehead night with good buddy Gaudreau on the ice. Frosties and #1 Star! Richard was assisted on his tenth goal by Carrier (19) and Ingram, his first and #2 Star. Carrier had 3 assists and was the #3 star.

Ref Ratings:
Mitch Dunning, #43, gets a ZERO for not calling numerous holding and late hits in periods 1 and 2. He did call three penalties on the Admirals when Cleveland players, if you can call them players, took dives. When it happened to Salomaki, he showed the ref how he poke checked the Monster along the ice. He was called for slashing late in period 2 and right after the third Milwaukee goal. Dunning needs to find a new line of work!!!

Santini was called for high sticking by the far ref in period 3. Pretty sure it was bad old #43. After 3 minutes, Santini got a boarding penalty. That was a good call. He lined up #21, Sam Vigneault, who was also a diver. Santini gets called for high sticking again 4 minutes later. The replay showed that his stick did not get within 2 or 3 feet of #56, Marko Dano, a whiny little b---- if I ever saw one. He committed about 8 penalties in periods 1 and 2 and was never called for one of them. By that time, the fans caught on to the ref #43 incompetence and were loudly booing followed by a "Nuts & Bolts, WE Got SCREWED" chant. After 5 consecutive Admirals penalties, Justin Scott was called for his second roughing penalty. He likes to punch players in the back of the head for no reason. He did that to Richard in period 1. Richard wanted to fight him, but all of the Cleveland players acted like little girls when an Admirals player was facing them. It was disgusting! It reminded me of pro wrestling.

The other ref was Kenny Anderson, #66. I give him a 6, because he called some real penalties that happened, even if he missed all the holding.

The two linesmen get nines. Julien Fournier, #56 and William Hancock #17 called offside very well, didn't kick people out of the face offs for no apparent reason and they know how to drop a puck! Both were close to perfect.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Predators didn’t have one player make a roster for the World Jr’s this year. It makes me worry that the prospect pool has become mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille