Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
That is a joke? Belfour never played a game for Nashville. I don't think that he played for the Caps either.

As Leeg alluded to, back before the 2004 lockout every summer the "poor" teams would trade a low pick for the pending UFAs of the "rich" teams because they would then get a compensatory pick in the next draft for having "lost" the player to UFA.

Poile traded for Belfour and got an extra second round pick in the 2003 draft for his trouble. That pick became Shea Weber.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yeah, my bad... it was Ronning he got for futures.

But actually the best trade Poile ever made was acquiring Ed Belfour.

Poile got a comp pick for not signing Belfour and used it to select Shea Weber, traded him for P.K. Subban and traded him for Davies, Afanasyev and the cap space to sign Duchene.

As Leeg alluded to, back before the 2004 lockout every summer the "poor" teams would trade a low pick for the pending UFAs of the "rich" teams because they would then get a compensatory pick in the next draft for having "lost" the player to UFA.

Poile traded for Belfour and got an extra second round pick in the 2003 draft for his trouble. That pick became Shea Weber.
I remember all of this but my brain just doesn't work like that to be able to pull all of that info out of nowhere for a conversation about "best ever trades". I'm not sure I'm envious of you all that can do that but it is definitely impressive to me. My son does this all the time with sports info starting when he was about 10 y/o so once he starts saying things like this I just default to him, I've learned not to argue with/or doubt him. Hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've been a big nerd for stats, rosters, drafts and transactions since middle school and high school when I got addicted to NHLPA 93 through NHL98. Moved into fantasy sports from 00-07 or so, and then into sim hockey ever since and spent the past 5 years creating player ratings for a game.

It's not a talent, it's a problem... :help:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I've been a big nerd for stats, rosters, drafts and transactions since middle school and high school when I got addicted to NHLPA 93 through NHL98. Moved into fantasy sports from 00-07 or so, and then into sim hockey ever since and spent the past 5 years creating player ratings for a game.

:laugh::laugh: Definitely not envious of that.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

I just have a knack for remembering obscure shit. Have been so afflicted since childhood. Can tell you some random bullcrap from the seventies but cant remember where I left my damn keys last night :confused:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals are leading 3-0 at Grand Rapids halfway through the third period. Troy started, then was "interfered with" during the 37th minute. Donovan was fighting with the guy (Evgeny Svechnikov, Russion for SOB) who injured Grosenick (#2 star). There have been three fights in the game.

Donovan (1g 1A #1 star), Olivier (#3 star) and Carr (PP) with the goals.

Milwaukee hosts the same lame Griffins tomorrow night. Fight prediction is FIVE for that game. I am LOVING this season!

Edit: Ingram finished the shut out. Nah, nah GR!

Milwaukee is 4-1 against you this season for a reason.

Last edited:

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Ads lost in the last two minutes as well. Does the organization that loses the most games in the final 2 minutes get a bonus draft pick?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads lost to Grand Rapids 3-2 on a late, fluke goal. The defense was not good, especially Fred Allard. They also did not cover both points on slap shots the whole game, so the pucks kept coming out of the offensive zone. The D did not help Connor Ingram out very much tonight.

The offense over passed at times. They needed a few more shots on goal. They had some chances and open nets that they missed. Rem Pitlick, Salomaki, Josh Healy, Cole Schnieder and Fred Gaudreau were pretty much of Milwaukee's offense. They had 13 of the Ads 25 shots on goal.

Givani Smith, one of GR's largest players, fell down EIGHT times during the game. Milwaukee was called for 3 penalties on his various DIVES. He would make a good World Cup soccer player, going down like he was shot with a rifle, then trying to stay in the game 10 seconds later.

Ref Ratings: Brandon Schrader, #46, was terrible. He only called penalties on Milwaukee. (See Givani Smith above.) He gets a 1. GR got their 2nd (and tying) goal by tripping Donovan, so he could not defend the shot by Matthew Ford, who tripped him. Ref #46 was right there to see it. There was no review.
Adam Bloski, #94. He called the only two penalties on Grand Rapids. He gets a 6.

Linesmen:
Tyler Gregory, #66, with his usual lousy game. He gets a 2. William Handcock, #17, gets a 1. He kept not dropping the puck and kicking out players from both teams for no discernible reason. The 8450 fans were getting on him in period 3. Both need a little work on offside, but I have seen worse this season.

The were zero fights in a relatively non-physical game between these two teams. GR was playing for OT the entire third period.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
That cross check call on Davies was hilariously awful. He barely touched him and he went down like a ton of bricks. Taylor was awful. Down a goal, all the possession in the world in the offensive zone right after the goal and he doesn't pull Ingram. By the time the Admirals had a chance to pull Ingram the clock was under a minute.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That cross check call on Davies was hilariously awful. He barely touched him and he went down like a ton of bricks. Taylor was awful. Down a goal, all the possession in the world in the offensive zone right after the goal and he doesn't pull Ingram. By the time the Admirals had a chance to pull Ingram the clock was under a minute.

I was looking at Ingram right after the face off. He was looking at the bench. Ingram didn't seem to come off for a minute of game time.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I was looking at Ingram right after the face off. He was looking at the bench. Ingram didn't seem to come off for a minute of game time.

It was ridiculous. They established the offensive zone with possession fairly quickly, maybe 1:45 left and I figured he'd be off to the bench and nothing. Then I looked again with 1:20 on the clock and he was still there while we maintained possession and I'm just standing there talking with my brother wondering what the f*** Taylor was waiting for. They did exactly what you want in that situation and Taylor failed to take advantage of it.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
And past that I wouldn't mind taking a look at somebody on D again. Santini had his little look... I'd like to see them do the same with some of the others also. Carrier, Allard, Davies - I don't have any personal preference, although of course it is easiest for us to drop somebody in on RD atm.

With the dirty hit by Perry today on Ryan you'll likely get your wish.

P.S. I've been nosing around in your teams minor/call-up Thread to familiarize myself with your franchise now that I'm going to Post on your Team Board.

It's not one of these kind of situations:
CF0EC011-5963-4755-8D7C-E5D62F370AE0.gif

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Glad to see Carrier come up and get his chance. It would be nice if he found a way to stick.

Flip side, this can't be good re: Ellis? I somewhat expected that Ellis might be "secretly ok" just pending an announcement of the Perry suspension. Held out for protocol reasons, basically, but not missing any time. A recall puts a dent in that theory. :(

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Carrier, Trenin, Ingram and HC Karl Taylor named AHL All-Stars

The funny thing is that Troy Grosenick has about the same stats as Ingram, but I guess a team can't have 2 goalies on the All Star team.

Both have played 19 games and Troy has allowed 1 more goal in nearly the same minutes played. Ingram is 11-3-4 and Troy is 13-3-2.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Scoring numbers aren't much different. Dauphin seemed a little vanilla for the Ads? McCarron has some faint vestige of draft pedigree, but primarily SIZE. Obviously just a minor league deal, but Milwaukee seems to be a team that can take care of business - they can win any way the game is played with skill, size, offense, defense, goaltending. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->