Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
But how have the defenseman looked?

The Admirals have scored 16 more goals than they have given up. Carrier has 11 assists to be 5th on the team in scoring. Donovan is sixth and Allard is tenth.

Allard has 1 G and 7 A. Donovan has 1 G and 9 A. He is a good passer, but his D is a little shaky. Davies and Santini both have 5 points. Santini is starting to really hit people on the ice. Healey is the big hitter on the ice. It has led to his 28 PIMs. Tinordi has 48 PIMs, a lot of them from one game that officials let get out of control. He and Healey have 0 points. Tinordi piled up the PIMs when AJ Greer came out of the penalty box to start fighting with him while he was waiting for the penalty calls on Greer and Healey. I have never seen Tinordi so angry!

Carrier has speed and scoring ability as well as defense. Allard is a good passer and a good defender.
Tinordi has a lot of reach with that stick and his long arms.

See MilwaukeeAdmirals - YouTube under Chaos Ensues at Panther Arena. Five players were ejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigFatCat999

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was listening to the Center Ice radio show tonight as I was driving home from work. Aaron Sims had Yakov Trenin on to talk about a few subjects. When Trenin got to Canada to play at Gatineau, he was surprised that everyone in Canada did not speak English. I guess that he tried to learn some English ahead of time and landed in the French speaking part of Canada. It made me laugh. BTW, Carrier was one of his teammates.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Why such little Ingram talk in here? :dunno:

Looks to be playing consistent enough.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
We also have time on Ingram. Both Rinne and Saros are signed through next season, and there's a chance that both will be extended. So Ingram probably won't get a lot of eyes on him for another year at least, and that's if it looks like Pekka will retire.

Reactions: cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why such little Ingram talk in here? :dunno:

Looks to be playing consistent enough.

Check out posts #21 and #35, by yours truly.

BTW, the Ads are on a 4 game road trip at the moment. They are leading Iowa 1-0 at this time. Grosenick is in goal. It is his 10th game played.

Ingram has played in 9 games so far, so I would expect to see him 1 out of every 4 games played since I don't go on the road and he splits starts with Troy.

Reactions: lakai17

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads were ahead for much of the game tonight. Iowa scored 3 goals in 4 minutes in the third period to take a 5-3 lead. Aaron Sims said that the Admirals looked "out of gas". Milwaukee scored 2 goals in the last two minutes of regulation to send it into OT. Now we go to the SO.

Anas takes 2 shots on Troy. Naughty, naughty. Wilkins shoots wide for the Ads. Mayhew shoots glove side and is stopped by Troy. Pitlick is stopped on a kick save. Menell shoots wide. Daniel Carr scores for the EIGHTH straight WIN!

With the win, the Ads have a .750 winning percentage!

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
The Ads were ahead for much of the game tonight. Iowa scored 3 goals in 4 minutes in the third period to take a 5-3 lead. Aaron Sims said that the Admirals looked "out of gas". Milwaukee scored 2 goals in the last two minutes of regulation to send it into OT. Now we go to the SO.

Anas takes 2 shots on Troy. Naughty, naughty. Wilkins shoots wide for the Ads. Mayhew shoots glove side and is stopped by Troy. Pitlick is stopped on a kick save. Menell shoots wide. Daniel Carr scores for the EIGHTH straight WIN!

With the win, the Ads have a .750 winning percentage!

I'm glad the Ads are winning at least

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals swept their road trip of 4 games. They won 3-2 last night at Grand Rapids, their ninth win in a row!

The goals were by Dauphin, his fifth; Carrier, his second; and Carr, his tenth.

The team is now 13-3-1-2 for 29 points and a .763 winning percentage. They are #1 in the AHL!

The second place Iowa Wild have 22 points.

Tonight, the Admirals host those same Grand Rapids Griffins, who are 9-8-1-1 for 20 points and fifth place in the division.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Is this some bizarro Dorian Grey thing where if the Ads are on a win streak the Preds are on a losing g streak and vice versa?

Reactions: NNCbama

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Is this some bizarro Dorian Grey thing where if the Ads are on a win streak the Preds are on a losing g streak and vice versa?

My daughter is in town and going to the game tonight. That usually puts a stop to the Admirals winning!

I think that The Twilight Zone would be a more appropriate analogy. "At that goal post up ahead...":laugh:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals won 5-0 against Grand Rapids for their 10th win in a row. The Griffins looked as bad as any game that I have seen in the last 6 or 7 years.

Tolvanen had 2 goals and was the #1 Star of the Game. Troy Grosenick was #2 with the shut out.

The two refs, #47 Michael Markovic and #66 Kenny Anderson, were trying to keep GR in the game after it was 3-0.

Grand Rapids had too many men on the ice about every other line change during the entire game. I saw 7 and 8 skaters when none were by the bench!

Milwaukee should have been awarded a penalty shot with 33 seconds remaining in the game, but #66 just called it holding.

GR committed 4 holding the stick penalties. The only one that called was when Santini was dragging Pearson out of the corner when he would not let go of the stick for about 10 seconds. It was called interference. Ridiculous!!!

Ref Ratings for both: 2 out of 10. POOR!

One Linesman, also #66 (Tyler Gregory), did not know how to drop the puck fairly. He needs to practice that a lot! He gets a 2.

William Hancock, #17, was the only competent on-ice official tonight. I give him an 8.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals defeated the Manitoba Moose 6-3 to set a new franchise record with 11 consecutive wins.

Ingram was in goal for the win. Yakov Trenin was the #1 Star of the Game with 2 G 1 A and two big hits. One them was against Stanley, the largest player on the Moose. Trenin went into the corner and hit him a little low. Stanley really didn't like that. I may start calling him the "Russian Rocket". Those were his 9th and 10th goals of the season. Eeli Tolvanen was the second star with 1 G, his 5th, and 1 A.

I saw the strangest thing I have ever seen in a hockey game going back to 1964. A delayed penalty was called on the Admirals. The Moose pulled their goalie Mikhail Berdin. A Moose player zinged the puck off of Anthony Richard's shin just above the Milwaukee blue line. The puck hit the side wall near the penalty box and slowly slid just inside the post. Richard was called for slashing. Richard was announced as the goal scorer, then for the penalty. TheAHL.com shows Carrier instead of Richard as scoring the unassisted EN. That made it 3-0 in period 2.

Late in period 3, the Admirals Laurent Dauphin was called for slashing. The Moose pulled their goalie again to make it a 6-on-4 PP. Tanner Jeannot scored a SH EN goal to make it 6-2 with just over a minute remaining. The Moose converted on their PP with 23 seconds left in the game to make it 6-3.

The Moose seemed to have it in for Richard. He took an elbow in the first minute of the game. It was not called. He was slashed late in period one as he was headed to the goal. His glove popped off. It was not called. There were some other things that happened to him. He ended up getting that slashing penalty in period 2. I didn't see it. My guess is somebody slashed him and he immediately retaliated. If Dan Kelly calls the first one, the second doesn't happen! Richard was getting angry because he was getting beat up on cheap shots and there were no calls, so he was putting out some justice of his own.

Ref Ratings: The officiating was uneven to put it politely. Ref #45 Dan Kelly doesn't know what a penalty is. It led to the fight in the game between Tanner Jeannot, who was hit high by a Moose player. Former Admiral Jimmy Oligny stepped in to keep his teammate from taking a beating. Kelly gets a 1 for being a statue.

Ref #94 Adam Bloski gets a 5. He made a bad call on Milwaukee and a good holding call on the Moose to even things out for himself.

Linesman #86 Riley Bowles gets a 4 for calling an offsides on Milwaukee that was not offside. Two Ads were standing still with a foot on either side of the blue line. Both of them had their rear skate down and didn't move until the puck carrier crossed the blue line. Linesman #27 Mike Daltrey seemed to be mistake free the entire game. He gets a 7. No bad calls and no bad puck drops. The AHL needs more linesmen like him.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I saw the strangest thing I have ever seen in a hockey game going back to 1964. A delayed penalty was called on the Admirals. The Moose pulled their goalie Mikhail Berdin. A Moose player zinged the puck off of Anthony Richard's shin just above the Milwaukee blue line. The puck hit the side wall near the penalty box and slowly slid just inside the post. Richard was called for slashing. Richard was announced as the goal scorer, then for the penalty. TheAHL.com shows Carrier instead of Richard as scoring the unassisted EN. That made it 3-0 in period 2.

Tgis happened to the Admirals last year in Manitoba.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We restocked.

Trenin and Tolvanen were on the Admirals last season. Tolvanen seemed to play defense a lot last year.

Coach Dean Evason did not use Trenin properly. He was the fifth Center on a so-so team 2 years ago and only played about 1/2 the games.

Trenin is on the wing this year and playing much better.

Pitlick is new. He came from the U of Minnesota (R3 in 2016), where he was on the team with Tommy Novak (R3 in 2015). Both played Center.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
There's not a lot of info on him, but according to Dobber Prospects, Isak Walther is not only playing well in both ends of the rink again this season (could score a bit more), but is also adding a more physical element to his game, he already has more PIM this season than he had across all leagues in the previous four seasons combined!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What has happened to Anthony Richard, btw? While we're all so busy piling on Tolvanen, Richard's production seems to have fallen off a cliff as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad