Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I did see Pitlick draw a penalty tonight. He also threw one solid check.

Dauphin scored his second goal of the season. Blackwell and Carr scored in the SO to give Milwaukee a 2-1 win over Texas.

Milwaukee had a lot of near misses tonight. They could have scored 3 or 4 goals in period 1 instead of one goal. A pass behind somebody or 1 step short of getting a rebound from 15 or 20 feet happened a lot.

Tonight, Gaudreau was the center for Carr and Schneider. (Richard did not play. Perhaps he is going to Nashville because of Duchene.)

Matt Donovan got 2 minors tonight. The first one led to a PPG by Texas, so he gets a zero on the night.
BTW, all 4 skaters were in front of or to the left of Troy. The shot came from the right. The box was overshifted. My wife said that "the Admirals played it like a little kids game".

The ice seemed to be bad about 8 minutes into period 3. The Ads players kept falling in the neutral zone. A few Stars also fell. Five or six minutes later, it seemed to stop.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals remind me a lot of the Preds when 3 on 3 first started. Get a ton of possession but have no idea how to get to areas where you can score so you just end up skating around with the puck and taking bad shots from 40 feet out.

Reactions: adsfan and cjerina

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals remind me a lot of the Preds when 3 on 3 first started. Get a ton of possession but have no idea how to get to areas where you can score so you just end up skating around with the puck and taking bad shots from 40 feet out.

I was pleased that the Admirals had a ton of possession in the OT. I haven't seen that in 2 years!

Usually, it is the visitors with a ton of possession and several shots in OT. I hate seeing the Admirals goalie get peppered while the visitors goalie is drinking water at the other end. I always wonder how the ice got tilted in that one minute since the end of regulation.

I agree that the Ads positioning and shot selection needs some work. I liked 4 SOG versus 2 for Texas. Milwaukee had 3 minutes of possession before Texas got a stick on the puck. Texas could only change 1 player at a time in the OT. Those were positives.

Now for the negatives. Why is Donovan playing in the OT? He damn near took a shot at Troy with his lack of stick handling. Get Carrier out there! He can play D and O, plus he has a heavy shot. We need to find another Dman to play in OT because we already have too many OT games this season. I counted 4 out of 8 games played! Last night's program showed 9 Dmen on the roster. Can't Santini play that role? He has over 100 NHL games.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'd have Carrier and Allard out in OT. We've had f***ing Tinordi out in OT this year which makes no sense with how fast paced OT is. Give up possession and there's no way he's getting back on defense.

Reactions: adsfan

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals didn't do anything with the break they got but this was ruled offsides which again shows just how hilariously bad AHL refs are.

JDfkfoJ.jpg

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals didn't do anything with the break they got but this was ruled offsides which again shows just how hilariously bad AHL refs are.

JDfkfoJ.jpg

I didn't like the stick being held in the arm pit or the elbow to the back of the head of Dauphin not being called in the last 5 minutes. I felt that both of those penalties should have been called against Iowa. From all the booing directed at Ref #48, Beau Halkidis, about 5000 fans agreed with me.

Iowa played good team defense and clogged the neutral zone. That limited the passing, Richard's and Pendenza's speed; Blackwell's and Carr's ability to score. Trenin was fairly effective. Healy threw a lot of hits tonight. Santini, Carrier and Allard played well. Cole Schneider looked like he was avoiding contact, which is unusual for him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads beat the #2 team in the division 5-2 after scoring 3 goals in the first 12 minutes. The first two goals were on 3 shots.

The Admirals came out like they had rocket skates on! Chicago looked slow. Milwaukee played against #1 Iowa last night in a 1-0 loss.

Connor Ingram made 34 saves, many of them were tough ones. He deserved to be the #1 star of the game.

Five different players scored the Milwaukee goals. Colin Blackwell (C) and Jeremy Davies (D) each had 2 assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals played a school day morning game today. They came from behind to win 6-4.

Center Tommy Novak scored his first goal of the season 7 minutes after the Moose scored. Novak also had 3 assists in the game, on goals 2, 4 and 5, earning the #1 star of the game award.

Daniel Carr scored 2 goals and had an assist to be the #2 star. He hit an empty net post near the end of the game that would have given him a hat trick.

Yakov Trenin scored the third goal for Milwaukee an assisted on Colin Blackwell's goal, the final one for Milwaukee.

I have missed two Milwaukee home games this season and the Admirals have scored 6 goals in both of them!

Troy Grosenick made 22 saves. With the win, Milwaukee moved into third place in their eight team division with 15 points in 12 games. The Moose have 6 points in 11 games for last place, but they were coming off of 2 wins against Grand Rapids.

Moose goalie Mikhail Berdin allowed 5 goals on 31 shots in 40 minutes of playing time. He was replaced by the oddly named Griffen Outhouse in front of 8638 fans for his AHL debut.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The Admirals played a school day morning game today. They came from behind to win 6-4.

You failed to point out that not only did the Ads fail to convert on a full 2 minute 5-on-3, but managed to also give up a shorthanded goal on that PP. :laugh:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
At this point David Poile needs to look at his scouting of forwards or their development program, one of the two areas or both are failing

I think that Kamenev would be successful in the NHL without a broken arm. He is 23 years old and has played 33 NHL games (23 last season).

Fiala had (has) maturity issues and is 23. He has 234 NHL games, 204 with Nashville from 2014 to 2018.

Trenin is 22. Coach Dean Evason would not play him. That held back his growth. In 2016-17, Trenin played 5 games in a split season. Kam played 70, Felix Girard played 35, Ribs played 28, Freddie Gaudreau played 66, Trevor Smith played 74 and Adam Payerl played 76. All of them were centers. In 2017-18, Trenin played 44 of 76 games with 5 G and 11 A for 16 points or 0.36 points a game. (He did have a shoulder injury on a boarding by a Cleveland player)

Under Coach Taylor, Trenin played 74 of 76 games with 14 G and 19 A last season, for 33 points or 0.45 points a game. Imagine if Trenin had played 66 games in 2017-18 instead of 44. He lost half a season. IIRC, he was out about 10 games with the shoulder.

Tolvanen is 20.

I will admit that Nashville had the wrong Pettersson brother.

I think that the problem is both. Don't keep trading for Harry Zolnierczyk types. He has 84 NHL games, 24 with Nashville in 2016-17 as a 30 year old. Aberg had 15 NHL games that season as a 22 year old and Kam had 2 games as a 20 year old.

What happens if some of those 228 NHL games go to other developing players, like Kam, Gaudreau and maybe Aberg?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
You failed to point out that not only did the Ads fail to convert on a full 2 minute 5-on-3, but managed to also give up a shorthanded goal on that PP. :laugh:

Tonight, the Admirals scored 2 goals on a 5-on-3. They went on to score 2 more PPG in period one, making 4. That has to be a team record.

In period 3, they added a fifth PPG. I have to wonder if that is a team record for a game.

This was the first game this season that I attended where the Admirals scored 6 goals. In the two home games that I missed, the Ads scored 6 goals in both. The final score was 6-3 over Chicago.

I saw 4 or 5 Wolves fans on the concourse. You should have seen the looks on their faces after the first period. They scored the first goal and Milwaukee scored the next four.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I'd be miserable too if you made the drive up from ~Rosemont in the snow to see that. I think the Wolves twitter feed jinxed them by touting Garrett Sparks as the best goalie in the league. :popcorn:

Per Aaron, we had 5 PPG in a game back in 2011.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'd be miserable too if you made the drive up from ~Rosemont in the snow to see that. I think the Wolves twitter feed jinxed them by touting Garrett Sparks as the best goalie in the league. :popcorn:

Per Aaron, we had 5 PPG in a game back in 2011.

I was surprised by the lack of a "high school goalie" chant for Sparky. My math says he stopped 71% of the shots at him.

I checked hockeydb.com. He has 38 NHL games of experience with a 3.11 GAA with .897.

Theahl.com says that Sparks is the #9 goalie in the AHL. Grosenick is #4 and Ingram, the winning goalie last night, is #18.

Edit: I was walking around the concourse after the first period and I heard a man say to some people that he was leaving because of the snow. It never occurred to me that he was a Wolves fan.

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Theahl.com says that Sparks is the #9 goalie in the AHL. Grosenick is #4 and Ingram, the winning goalie last night, is #18.

Edit: I was walking around the concourse after the first period and I heard a man say to some people that he was leaving because of the snow. It never occurred to me that he was a Wolves fan.

I did look and Sparks was #1 in GAA and sv% before yesterday's game. Obviously small sample size and all that, so one bad game will change everything.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee scored 2 PPG at Belleville in a 4-2 win. Daniel Carr had 1 G 1 A to be the 31 star. Cole Schneider also had 1 G 1 A to be the #2 star. Colin Blackwell had 2 assists.

Rem Pitlick scored his third goal of the year. All three have been scored in the last three games.

This was the seventh win in a row for Milwaukee and makes nine out of the last ten. The Ads have the third highest winning percentage in the AHL. They have the second highest point total and lead second place Iowa by 4 points, 25 to 21. Milwaukee has played two more games than Iowa, 17 versus 15. Milwaukee is tied for third with Rochester in ROW with 9.

Reactions: sparkle twin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->