Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
ROR (+) would have to be in a deal. they'd also have to be comfortable paying him that money and really like him as a player.. the latter shouldn't be an issue.

While it would improve our defense by a large margin, it would mean Anaheim with ROR.

No thanks to that. They are already hard enough to play against.

I don't agree with the (+). I don't think we'd need to add, a straight-up swap would be fair for both teams.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What an awful swap that would be for us.

I certainly wouldn't give a (+) but the Avs could do a lot worse than acquiring a young 23 year old d-man like Fowler if they can't come to terms with O'Reilly.

Soundwave mentioned it, it would be a lot like the EJ trade and I'm not sure there are too many people regretting that one at all.

By all accounts, Fowler was playing phenomenal hockey as early as last season. Other youngsters are now emerging in Anaheim (Vatanen, Lindholm) and just like it did with Pietrangelo in St-Louis sometimes that can have an effect on a young guy.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
If we can't get him re-signed, then yeah that's probably something I look at. But I take a signed ROR 10/10 times on this team over Fowler. Not even close for me.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
I don't know. Obviously if we can't get ROR extended, sure go for it, but watching ROR centering Landy and MacK reminds me of those two playing with Stas last year. ROR and Landy have been carrying this team the past month and priority should be to get him extended. Would hate for them to suffer another setback like they did this year without Stas.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
depends on what you mean by 'that good'. he's at least borderline top pairing D who is tied up long term at nice cap hit and can skate very well and move the puck. just not what we need.
Uh what? How is Fowler not what we need? Mobile, left handed, can play both ends of the ice, and locked up long term. He is almost exactly what we need.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What an awful swap that would be for us.
I know you see your boy ;) as the most important player on this team with a blank paycheque. I am not willing to give a major plus to Anaheim, or even a plus at all, but 7.5 million ROR or a 4 million Cam Fowler? I love ROR, but a 4 million Fowler is WAY BETTER, especially when there is probably a 5-6 million Vermette available on July 1st (overpayment, but not Bolland crazy IMO).

ROR for Fowler would be fantastic.
The real question is why would the Ducks need another Kesler? I am under the impression that Murray wants more defense, not less. And even if Fowler is somehow available, he probably wants a defenseman coming back. Just like how Tim Murray wanted a defenseman back in the Kane deal.

Why is everyone so high on Fowler? Is he really that good?
Yeah, Fowler is everything we definitely lack on this group. He might not be better than John Carlson (who would be the best and most ideal defenseman out there, not left handed though), but he brings a more stable two-way game than Tyson Barrie while exhibiting the same type of qualities.

E:
I'd add Siemens to the deal and a 2nd from the ducks if they really wanted a Dman back.

I've been saying this since he broke into the NHL while everyone else wanted Alzner.:p:
Everyone else wants Alzner including me because he is the more realistically available out of the two. Washington would be absolutely nuts to trade Carlson for anyone outside a consistent top 10-15 forward in the NHL IMO.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The real question is why would the Ducks need another Kesler? I am under the impression that Murray wants more defense, not less. And even if Fowler is somehow available, he probably wants a defenseman coming back. Just like how Tim Murray wanted a defenseman back in the Kane deal.

Yeah, Fowler is everything we definitely lack on this group. He might not be better than John Carlson (who would be the best and most ideal defenseman out there, not left handed though), but he brings a more stable two-way game than Tyson Barrie while exhibiting the same type of qualities.

I'd add Siemens to the deal and a 2nd from the ducks if they really wanted a Dman back.

I've been saying this since he broke into the NHL while everyone else wanted Alzner.:p:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't see how Anaheim can fit O'Reilly. They're a budget team and already have Kesler.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I don't see how Anaheim can fit O'Reilly. They're a budget team and already have Kesler.

Agree,

I'd not mind at all involving our #10-15 pick for him if it could get done though. Would FFWD our Dcorps quite a bit

Not a lot of realistically/potentially available defensemen I'd say that about

edit: his great contract would free up possibly 2m to use for ROR etc as I would expect at least 6m for a FA signing for that LD spot

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Any chance Vlasic could be available for the right price if the Sharks blow it all up? He's likely untouchable and a part of the solution there but man, I'd love to get him. Offer up our top 10 pick and add from there.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Any chance Vlasic could be available for the right price if the Sharks blow it all up? He's likely untouchable and a part of the solution there but man, I'd love to get him. Offer up our top 10 pick and add from there.

for the right price, sure... which would be something we can't give up.

doesn't make sense to me to trade him for lesser quality pieces and hope they become as valuable as him as he can still play for another decade + and they don't need to move him.

i'd move our 1st rounder and then bigras/bleackley for him. i don't think sharks would.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
for the right price, sure... which would be something we can't give up.

doesn't make sense to me to trade him for lesser quality pieces and hope they become as valuable as him as he can still play for another decade + and they don't need to move him.

i'd move our 1st rounder and then bigras/bleackley for him. i don't think sharks would.

Throw Pickard in too. They could use him.

Maybe adding Brad Stuart gets in done? The prodigal son returns and becomes the leader those young players need when they start the rebuild. :sarcasm:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Given his contract and all they would need to be monumentaly dumb to trade him, he's the best d-man (by far) on a team that lacks D, he's paid peanuts for a guy of his caliber, I reckon it would take something dumb to pry him out of there.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

I think that if the Sharks are ready for major changes AND have identified a player like O'Reilly to lead that team, then I think it's possible. Could be other pieces involved to make it work. I would think that Wilson would still need to be in charge though, which is questionable at this point because if they change the GM, the new guy is likely going to do the traditional sit on what he has until he gets an idea of who he wants to keep and who he wants to trade.

I don't see the Avs acquiring Vlasic without O'Reilly going back the other way and ROR would have to be signed or have agreed to sign before that deal would occur.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think that if the Sharks are ready for major changes AND have identified a player like O'Reilly to lead that team, then I think it's possible. Could be other pieces involved to make it work. I would think that Wilson would still need to be in charge though, which is questionable at this point because if they change the GM, the new guy is likely going to do the traditional sit on what he has until he gets an idea of who he wants to keep and who he wants to trade.

I don't see the Avs acquiring Vlasic without O'Reilly going back the other way and ROR would have to be signed or have agreed to sign before that deal would occur.

I'd do that. Love O'Reilly but Vlasic would be perfect for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma