Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoppaForsberg*

I'm really jealous of the culture/management that Calgary seems to have.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

On to the next one.

Also, I find it interesting, although completely meaningless, that Chris Bigras made the NHL 15 HUT Community Team of the Year.

Last edited:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

On to the next one.

Also, I find it interesting, although completely meaningless, that Chris Bigras made the NHL 15 HUT Community Team of the Year.

Is he any good in that game? sometimes those games are oddly clairvoyant. I used to play with Krug before anyone knew who he was and he tore it up

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not even someone to replace Briere and (hopefully) Cliche?

Winchester, Bordeleau, Rendulic, Hishon, Street, Smith... assuming Hamilton and Caron aren't even qualified.

We have more than enough bottom 6 bodies. The problem is we don't have enough quality, bottom 6 hockey players.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Is he any good in that game? sometimes those games are oddly clairvoyant. I used to play with Krug before anyone knew who he was and he tore it up

I don't have the game but his TOTY card is 78 overall. Same as Shea Theodore's who is his partner on the team. Mathis Olimb who is on the fourth line somehow is 85 overall. :amazed:

Sorry about the OT. Back to not getting college FA's.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 4m4 minutes ago
Lecavalier's agent to @RandyJMiller: "I'm sure if Vinny found a good environment ... an opportunity to go to a new team..." (1/2) #Flyers

Lecavalier's agent: "... and end on a good note, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal." (2/2) #Flyers

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I miss Svatos..shoulders made of glass but he was fearless

Svatty was awesome, injuries wrecked him though. He went from super skilled dangle machine who could snipe, to a guy that could snipe but couldn't dangle, to a guy that could get garbage goals, to out of the league. It's too bad, he would have been awesome to see develop if he held up better. Like you said, absolutely fearless. My favourite thing was when he decided he was going to knock over big defencemen like Pronger and Chara, and would take several runs at them until he got them down.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Lecavalier's agent to @RandyJMiller: "I'm sure if Vinny found a good environment ... an opportunity to go to a new team..." (1/2) #Flyers

Lecavalier's agent: "... and end on a good note, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal." (2/2) #Flyers

So he's basically saying that if Flyers trade Lecavalier they'll most likely be hit by a cap recapture penalty at some point?

I guess it's smaller than a buyout penalty, so it might be what both parties want.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So he's basically saying that if Flyers trade Lecavalier they'll most likely be hit by a cap recapture penalty at some point?

I guess it's smaller than a buyout penalty, so it might be what both parties want.

Wouldn't the Flyers be on the hook for the recapture penalty? (or am I misunderstanding the recapture penalty rules?)

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Svatty was awesome, injuries wrecked him though. He went from super skilled dangle machine who could snipe, to a guy that could snipe but couldn't dangle, to a guy that could get garbage goals, to out of the league. It's too bad, he would have been awesome to see develop if he held up better. Like you said, absolutely fearless. My favourite thing was when he decided he was going to knock over big defencemen like Pronger and Chara, and would take several runs at them until he got them down.

Now I miss him more:D

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wouldn't the Flyers be on the hook for the recapture penalty? (or am I misunderstanding the recapture penalty rules?)

Yes.

He's been paid $12M with a $9M cap hit so they'd be hit with $3M in cap recapture. But buying him out is even worse so I guess Flyers and Lecavaliers camp both feel this retiring early if you trade for him scenario is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad